Notices

Thread: SCX10 - articulation - 3Links?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 12:25 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SCX10 - articulation - 3Links?

Hallo all,

I am upgrading an SCX10 (honcho kit)

I found out that with current stock setup the drag link does interferes with the chassis rail thus limiting the articulation on that side...

I am considering getting the 3-link configuration with VP high steering knuckles, although I guess this issue will still be there...or it will even get worse since the drag link will be even higher (higher servo horns, higher mounting point onto the knuckle...)

am I missing something or is it actually like this and I have to live with this issue?

1-would you be so kind to let me know how to solve/improve this problem?
2-what 3-link + pan hard kit do you suggest and why? (I am looking at the Blue Monkey one right now as it seems good "light" looking)

Thanks a lot for your always helpful support

Marco

Last edited by slimfire; 06-28-2015 at 02:59 PM.
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SCX10 - articulation - 3Links?

Any suggestion?
Old 06-29-2015, 11:16 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have tried the Hands Bro CMS with panhard in one of u scx10s....very hard to get the drag link and panhard angles absolutely parallel to eliminate bump steer.

Vanquish products of course offers just a mount not a full kit because every rig requires different lengths of links depending on panhard mount location on the chassis and the axle.

The last one I mocked up which was super lightweight and titanium as from SSD Check it out online. And this belongs in the scx10 section if you're talking about crawlers in general not specific that goes in here...
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

thanks alexchen86!

I was looking at the Blue Monkey kit which you can get including all links, any knowledge about it?

Old 06-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The chassis mount for the servo on the Blue Monkey kit is excellent (actually stiffens up the chassis). The only problem, which isn't a small one, is that the L-shaped panhard bracket that mounts to the axle isn't secure. The torque from the panhard bar will pull the screws out of the end of the plastic housing over time. Your options are either to use a different bracket for the axle side or add beef tubes so that you can secure the bracket screws into metal. I ended up buying an RC4WD Kit just for the axle side bracket (which anchors around the pumpkin as well as at the end of the axle), and that has worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:15 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

thanks new2rocks, happy to hear your comment, I like the BM kit, and I was already planning to get the beef tubes..
I guess I will have to drill and thread the beef correct?
Old 07-01-2015, 01:24 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Default SCX10 - articulation - 3Links?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
thanks new2rocks, happy to hear your comment, I like the BM kit, and I was already planning to get the beef tubes..
I guess I will have to drill and thread the beef correct?

Yes to drilling and tapping the tubes. Worst case if they still don't hold would be picking up a different axle bracket to go with. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 - articulation - 3Links? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 shock articulation and spring tension Westside Charlie Newbie General 3 09-14-2014 09:54 PM
How do u get more articulation from a scx10 dingo FordFixer Axial SCX-10 25 03-11-2014 04:12 PM
Sanity check: SCX10 Honcho rear articulation? Cr00zah Axial SCX-10 11 03-11-2014 02:22 PM
How to more articulation out of my SCX10 matthewjbear Axial SCX-10 37 06-03-2009 05:17 PM
Articulation TOYBOY Newbie General 11 09-09-2006 09:18 AM