Notices

Thread: Mounting Hi-Lift jack to your rc body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Mounting Hi-Lift jack to your rc body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Can be difficult to find HiLift mounting spot where it won't get broken on rollovers, mounted mine to the hood. My 1:1 wheeler had plenty of scratches on it from rocks and brush, mounted my Hilift just inside the bed rail with brackets I welded together, but not practical on a Blazer like my Ascender.

Post #526, incorporated my hood pins into the Hi-Lift jack that I made from styrene.
Natedog's Vaterra ASCENDER
Nate, I'm glad I finally got to see your homemade Hi-Lift, built anyway, in the Ascender Thread. TBH, I didn't have high expectations for it - but DANG!! That looked GOOD!!
I'm wondering if I should try one myself.... and of COURSE, mount it on the Hood!! lol

Seriously, I'm glad I stumbled across this! I only got here, because I did a search for "Wraith spare Tire Mounts".

..... All I ended up finding anyway was a bunch of busted Photophucket non viewable pictures! Oh well, that's not my biggest problem....
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Mounting Hi-Lift jack to your rc body

The Traxxas Hi-Lift jacks (molded in a single color, one piece of plastic) are available in red or black for $3 from several sites - and their fuel/water/whatever canisters are also super cheap - 2 per pack, $3.50 and available in red/white/blue/black/yellow... If you aged them a bit with a diluted paint wash they'd look great. Scale accessories are usually some of the most overpriced items in our hobby, and I appreciate Traxxas being inexpensive here.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Mounting Hi-Lift jack to your rc body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just another Hi Lift Jack...but it's my first jp823 Scale Accessories 5 11-04-2013 07:26 PM
Looking for Hi Lift Jack DuraJeep Scale Accessories 3 10-07-2009 11:54 AM
50% working hi-lift jack venom813 Scale Accessories 13 01-25-2009 02:39 AM