Old 10-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #21
MODERATOR™

Default Re: Losi comp crawler

Motor and ESC. Not sensored.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #22

Alright thanks for the help guys looks like this one is going back on the shelf for another couple years..
LoganR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #23

Well, sorry to reboot this I have managed to get a straight across trade for a losi xceleron 17.5 turn sensored brushless motor and esc. Would this be a better option?
Old 10-28-2015, 02:49 AM   #24
MODERATOR™

Yes. But I do think Losi stopped making that combo and it might not be supported by Horizon anymore. Might want to check into that.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #25

I have the same sound in mine, it is a brushed combo so I guess it has nothing to do with the motor.

Like you I have not taken the time to look in to it yet.
SCS0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #26

Yeah mine was on a brushed combo for a while and it kept overheating and losing power so I thought it was the motor. So far I have done all the advise and there's was a ton of grease in the axles transmission spins freely wheels aren't to tight and I was still getting the noise so its the motor. I'll let you guys know tonight when I get the sensored motor in.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:37 AM   #27

So, I got the losi motor and esc but am having problems with getting the online programming to work the USB adapter drivers wont install on windows 8. If anyone has any input on this let me know.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:48 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

WIndows 8 and 10 are turds...Windows 7 64 bit...good luck...maybe run a virtual win7 machine on your 8.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganR11 View Post
Dang I was really hoping for some low end torque like on my axial but I guess you gotta take the good with the bad. I have covered the gear mesh and backing off the three screws on the transmission now I'm at removing the dig forks, and im somewhatconfused, do I just remove the arm that the servo attaches to or do I have to go inside and the transmission and remove something?

With the Losi axles, you'll have TONS of low end torque! Far more than an Axial, and easier on the motor to achieve!

Sensored brushless as mentioned is a great option! 17.5 and 13.5 are my personal favorites.

For what its worth, If you run a Mamba Max Pro ESC, you can use 4S. The Losi loves high voltage!
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #30

Well I'm ready to pull my hair out here.... Can't connect the esc to the computer because the drivers for the USB adapter can't be found (plus I know nothing about computers) and on top of that I can't even use the motor in the crawler right now. There's no proportional throttle its either on or off I have to say the torque to wheel speed is great but I can't crawl its either full throttle or no throttle. I'm thinking it's cause I'm on a legacy controller and its set for 2.4ghz but I can't change it because I can't access the software.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #31

Switched to dx3c but still can't get any throttle control... Tap the throttle and it goes all out.........
Old 10-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Maybe reverse the throttle channel?
xv-townboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #33

Yeah tried that its weird I've never seen it before and there is seriously nothing about it online reverse works fine forward works fine but even if you just tap the throttle ever so slightly it goes to full throttle.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:03 AM   #34

Everything I have heard about the Losi crawlers is the worm gear axles are great until they get out of adjustment. Then they cause a lot of friction drag and burn up motors. I would suggest going to a basic motor setup like a Axial esc and brushed motor. Then go into the axle and try to optimize the worm gear mesh. Once it seems to be better then go into more interesting motor/esc combos. While you are learning it the Axial motors are cheap if you end up burning it up learning.

FYI Horizon now has a Nightcrawler 2 out. Can you say waterproof!
NewScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I would call Horizon customer service and see what they say...you're running thier esc/motor, their truck and Spektrum radio. I'd say it's prolly a problem with the esc and maybe radio, possibly binding/friction in the axles isn't helping either. Post back when you figure it out. Horizon Tech Support contact info...call them:
Tech Support | HorizonHobby
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:01 AM   #36

It's definitely nothing to do with the crawler itself I took the motor out and drove it on the bench for a second and it does the same thing. I'll call horizon today see what they can do.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #37

Just got off the phone with horizon they said esc needs to be replaced. Haha looks like this thing is never gonna run. If anybody is looking for a comp crawler roller let me know haha

Tags
comp, crawler, losi

Losi comp crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here! Mad Dawg Team Losi Comp Crawler 355 05-14-2023 06:43 PM