Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Best Replacement for my RR10 Bomber Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Best Replacement for my RR10 Bomber Servo

For the record, customer service was quick and polite. A replacement servo is on it's way. I am pleased.

That being said, I am in the process of putting in a 7954. The stock servo will be used for a 2 speed conversion eventually.
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2016, 03:47 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Hitec HS-7955TG. It costs a lot, but you will never break it. Buy once, cry once.

Everyone says you need an external BEC to run a crawler servo properly. You don't, not as long as the internal BEC outputs at least 6V. If the servo seems to struggle running on the ESC's internal BEC, or if you intend to operate the vehicle in conditions where the wheels will bind-up in crevices and you still want to be able to crank them to the side (because you hate your vehicle, I guess?) then you need an external BEC, but other than that the internal one will be fine. Hardcore crawler guys will disagree, loudly and insultingly, but that's because they like to overbuild everything. I've been running my HS-7955TG in my Wraith on the internal BEC for two years and somehow, miraculously, the world hasn't exploded even once.

EDIT: The HS-7954SH should be just as good in dry conditions. I think the only advantage the HS-7955TG has is the titanium gears will never rust. My Wraith likes to swim, though.

Last edited by fyrstormer; 02-23-2016 at 03:57 AM.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:07 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I don't even have to be a "hard core crawler guy" to disagree with this ^^. Granted a 7955 is a good servo, but that's where the agreeing comes to a halt.

Anyone who's spent more than 30 bucks on upgrades for his/her r/c should get a b.e.c, and its not a matter of if your ESCs on-board b.e.c can handle the required voltage to run a better servo, its a matter of if the ESCs onboard b.e.c burns out running your new premium servo and takes the rest of your ESC with it. That's the main reason anyone should get a b.e.c.

Think of it as $20 of insurance that will eliminate the internal b.e.c as a common failure point to any ESC, be it a budget esc, or expensive ESC. If I'm going to spent money on quality parts than I want a lil' damn insurance.

Last edited by Alexander_0_1; 02-23-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:49 AM   #24
RCC Addict

i have been using this one:
TowerHobbies.com | Tower Hobbies TS-170 Standard Digital UT 2BB TG Servo U

from what I was told. its a rebranded hitec.. good price. good warranty. mine has had a hard life. works great
m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Hitec HS-7955TG. It costs a lot, but you will never break it. Buy once, cry once.

Everyone says you need an external BEC to run a crawler servo properly. You don't, not as long as the internal BEC outputs at least 6V. If the servo seems to struggle running on the ESC's internal BEC, or if you intend to operate the vehicle in conditions where the wheels will bind-up in crevices and you still want to be able to crank them to the side (because you hate your vehicle, I guess?) then you need an external BEC, but other than that the internal one will be fine. Hardcore crawler guys will disagree, loudly and insultingly, but that's because they like to overbuild everything. I've been running my HS-7955TG in my Wraith on the internal BEC for two years and somehow, miraculously, the world hasn't exploded even once.
I generally (politely ) disagree to some extent. It's not the voltage of the internal ESC's BEC that is the issue, it's the maximum amperage. Most internal BECs only run between 1.5A-3.0A. An external Castle Creations bottom of the line BEC can do 10A. Not only that, but you can program the voltage output as well to truly take advantage of a premium servo that you paid money for. For competitions, it is mandatory.

Even some cheapo 300+ oz./in. servos (Solar D772) and other clones are power hungry, and can easily black out an ESC just buy turning lock-to-lock quickly on the ground with no obstructions, and that's just on an SCX10 or similar sized vehicle.

For general scale driving, I do agree that a quality ESC is fairly capable.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1009cucv View Post
i have been using this one:
TowerHobbies.com | Tower Hobbies TS-170 Standard Digital UT 2BB TG Servo U

from what I was told. its a rebranded hitec.. good price. good warranty. mine has had a hard life. works great
Nice, specs and case looks like you said...good deal too.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #27
RCC Addict

if you are a tower bobby club member. 2 year warranty
m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

I was in a time crunch and was only able to get the Savox 1230. So far so good.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
servo, upgrades

Best Replacement for my RR10 Bomber Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheelbyte's RR10 Bomber wheelbyte Axial RR10 Bomber 48 03-22-2018 10:27 PM
Rr10 bomber available from tower jaykim5708 Axial RR10 Bomber 12 05-05-2016 07:28 PM
Bomber RR10 parts Erik D_lux Axles, Trannys, T-case 3 12-16-2015 07:17 AM