Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Bought a Bomber. Clueless Noob!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

Post Bought a Bomber. Clueless Noob!

I have a Bomber on the way. But, I have zero experience or any idea how to maintain it. As an example - if a shock needs fluid added... I have no clue what to buy, the tool required, or how to add it. Same scenario is true for all parts! I am a one-legged man in an a** kicking contest over here!

The Question: Are there any specific (and detailed) references (books, web sites, etc) that will give simple step by step instructions for all of these fixes? I don't think these instructions are included in parts you purchase.

I would hate to have to ask about all the required fixes I anticipate encountering. Where do I go for this information?

Thanks
XardozOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bought a Bomber. Clueless Noob!

it should show you in the owners manual, as for tools, the manual will also say what size and type you will need..
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

They have a section dedicated to the Bomber. You will find tons of information, hop ups, Other members build threads. do your home work and spend some time reading. Sometimes folks on here get a little amped up if you ask a question that has an entire tread dedicated to the answer. The most important thing..............have fun with your new rig!!!!
hotrodsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
it should show you in the owners manual, as for tools, the manual will also say what size and type you will need..
X2 You can download the manual ahead of time straight from Axial's website, good reading while yuou're waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsoup View Post
They have a section dedicated to the Bomber. You will find tons of information, hop ups, Other members build threads. do your home work and spend some time reading. The most important thing..............have fun with your new rig!!!!
X2 Do lots of reading, check out build threads, stickies for RR10 section, watch a few vids and then ask questions as needed.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:00 AM   #5

Get yourself a nice Hex set. Don't skimp here! The amount of time you'll spend using them, you want a good set like MIP. Most Axial products use 1.5mm, 2mm, and 2.5mm. Also invest in a good needle nose pliers set. Generally you can find a small 3-5 piece set, with small wire cutters, that will due nicely. You can probably do 90% of the work you need to with those tools alone. Start searching Youtube as well, you can pretty much find anything you want to do on there. Rich from RCNetwork has a channel where he does "Tool Tuesday" where you can get reviews and things on all kinds of tools.

There is nothing really hard about anything you'll need to do if you have any mechanical abilities. Just remember it's plastic so it will strip easy so know when tight is tight. Most importantly, enjoy it, it's a great hobby. The possibilities are limitless.

Last edited by CraigH; 02-10-2016 at 08:04 AM.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #6
Im Brandon

Check out the Axial Blog. This link has the blog sorted by Tech articles, some of it is old but still completely relevant.

Axial Racing - Blog

Enjoy your Bomber
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:01 PM   #7

Thanks for all of the great info. I really appreciate it!
XardozOmega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fix, how to, instructions, reference, repair

Bought a Bomber. Clueless Noob! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delbert bought a bomber! Delbert Axial RR10 Bomber 45 01-07-2016 08:43 AM
bought a bomber, kinda on impulse ddewey78 Axial RR10 Bomber 6 01-06-2016 08:46 AM
RC noob and just bought a wraith kit RMack Axial Wraith 5 01-03-2012 04:41 PM
a noob just bought an artr AX10 and need some advice roosterkill Newbie General 20 08-07-2009 09:37 PM