Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New in Ohio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2016, 06:39 AM   #1

Default New in Ohio

Hello all, I am new to RCs, Crawlers, and this site. However, I am not new to fun, and I can certainly recognize it when I see it.

My newly acquired rig is an Axial SCX-10 Jeep. I purchased it merely to kill some time here and there in the yard, that's it.

I should mention that my yard includes a small creek with rocky banks and other off-road terrain ideal for an RC. It seemed like a waste not having something that could traverse all that my yard has to offer.

At any rate, after unboxing my SCX-10 and getting it dirty for the first time, I was most definitely hooked. Not hooked in the sense of performing unspeakable acts on strangers for my next hit, but more so just realizing that driving this Jeep is extremely fun... and I am about to throw a lot of my money at it.

Just two months into ownership and I have already added new wheels, tires, and Axial steering links. I have also modded the spare tire by removing it from the stock carrier (which I got rid of altogether) and affixing it to the back of the roll bars.

This is only the beginning for me; I can already tell. My to-do list for this rig is growing by the day... and all of the posts on this forum and the videos on YouTube are only adding to that.

Do not be surprised if I become "that guy" at RC events that clearly has too much expendable income and time (i.e. no kids). All fun aside, the peril of this hobby escalating to a scary level for me, and quickly, is very real... but as long as I am having fun and it isn't hurting anyone, I'll stay hooked.

Sorry for the essay. Glad to be here. I look forward to conversing with and learning from you all.
BuckeyeRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2016, 07:31 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New in Ohio

welcome and i feel for ya i got into this back in august and it has been an expensive awsome experience. always something new to learn or try not sure where grove city is... not close to canton lol but if you ever feel like a short road trip i am off for winter and highly addicted and always looking to meet and crawl i have indoor and out door course and often have gatherings food tv on with football nascar soon etc family oriented but a fridge to keep your beer cold if you choose. i have more pics posted search for indoor course. again welcome
Attached Images

jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #3

Hey James, really nice set-up. Thanks for the invite. I just may take you up on that sooner than later.
BuckeyeRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #4
MODERATOR™

I'm in Columbus. Don't truck much anymore but still got a crapload of stuff. Because yes, it's addicting and disposable income don't mix too good together.

Check out the Ohio forum in the regional section.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRC View Post
Hey James, really nice set-up. Thanks for the invite. I just may take you up on that sooner than later.
anytime i'm off till......spring
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #6

I'm from Central Ohio as well! Plain city here. That's a pretty sweet looking setup you have there. Both of my cheap crawlers wouldn't stand a chance at that place.
Hoss81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Welcome to the forum and hobby great rig to start with!
Barndog Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Sweet new ohio person, north central ohio here. Just north of Mansfield
moondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

New in Ohio - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New in NE Ohio rednwhitecooper Newbie General 1 01-09-2015 01:22 AM
Ohio any one? Emaxximuss78 Competitions 26 06-15-2009 11:24 AM
Ohio Get Together EeePee Ohio 182 01-23-2009 04:27 PM
Ohio... JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 8 03-16-2006 11:26 AM