Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial RR10 Bomber Kit Version?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Smile Axial RR10 Bomber Kit Version?

I'm new-ish to the crawler world and I'm set on buying the Axial RR10 Bomber. But I want my first scaler to be a kit and I really don't want anything else, so does anyone have any info on the RR10 soon being offered as a kit or not? Thanks
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial RR10 Bomber Kit Version?

There hasn't been any word, and it might not be a good idea to hold your breath. Axial just discontinued all of its SCX-10 kits, and there is speculation they may do the same with the Wraith and Yeti kits. I am a kit guy through and through and was originally planning to wait. But the combination of Axial discontinuing kits and a birthday gift certificate tempted me to get the RTR, and I am now in the process of re-building it. It's a neat truck, but this process has more than reaffirmed why I like building as opposed to buying RTR and modding, especially with a truck that needs as many durability mods as the Bomber (links, lockers, ring/pinion gear, etc).

If you like the tube chassis look and want a kit, it would be worth considering a Wraith Spawn kit. If you ditch the Spawn body in favor of the panels and do the fastback mod, you can get a similar look and very comparable performance (they share the same axles and very similar front suspension setup). You can even switch over to trailing arms in the rear if that appeals to you.

Good luck!

Last edited by new2rocks; 03-06-2016 at 07:18 AM.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial RR10 Bomber Kit Version?

Wow thanks a ton! My dad just ordered the Wraith Spawn Kit and I wanted to have some differentiation with the one that I got, but I would have done that if he didn't. It's a shame they're discontinuing all the SCX10 Kits, the JK Unlimited was what I was first planning on. Who knows, I might just get a Deadbolt if I'm that impatient But if anyone knows if there will be any RR10 variant in kit form, let me know!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

No worries. If you were looking at a JK Unlimited kit, check out the Vaterra Ascender kit. Out of the box, it's a much better truck than the SCX-10 both in terms of performance and durability. Aftermarket support has picked up significantly in the past 6 months or so, and you can put just about any body that would fit an SCX-10 on it. Good luck with your decision!
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I did not know they are discontinuing the kits.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:50 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I'm willing to bet we won't see a kit from Axial ever again. They have gone to all RTR like Traxxas and HPI. It's sad really what has happened to the hobby IMO. I hope I'm wrong on this but all signs point to the total death of build it yourself RC models from Axial. We will always have the scratch aftermarket build option I guess.
FloridaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

They better not go Traxxas. I was mad that the 2wd Stanpede VXL I have wasn't a kit But I wonder: if the RR10 is ever offered as a kit, what will the tuber cage look like? Don't you think Axial wouldn't use the Bomber Fab truck as an example for a kit because they should let buyers choose their own look?
Old 03-21-2016, 08:18 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I recently emailed Axial and the guy said that he wasn't aware of an RR10 kit. I'm not sure that they won't offer it as a kit, as that's what they've done with basically all their trucks. Like they've done before, they should be able to follow suit and make the RR10 kit (knock on wood).
Old 03-21-2016, 08:29 AM   #9

im not buyin anymore rtr's from axial. ever. no kit no buy, ill buy used from somebody else who doesnt mind buying rtr's only to rip the junk out.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes S. View Post
Wow thanks a ton! My dad just ordered the Wraith Spawn Kit and I wanted to have some differentiation with the one that I got, but I would have done that if he didn't. It's a shame they're discontinuing all the SCX10 Kits, the JK Unlimited was what I was first planning on. Who knows, I might just get a Deadbolt if I'm that impatient But if anyone knows if there will be any RR10 variant in kit form, let me know!
You might check out the offerings on eBay. They may have a kit you're interested in.
Ex18Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Buy a chassis, skid, and axles of youre choice. Then build a bomber.

Or buy a rtr, and build it anyways like the rest of us.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:10 PM   #12

Ya find an RTR cheap and put your spin on it if your looking Axial. Bummer about them goin away from kits but I'm sure it's a matter of not getting a lot of action on them sales wise.

Everyone wants their stuff yesterday. No one wants to work on stuff anymore. Shame really IMO.
rockpunisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial RR10 Bomber Kit Version? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stage 1 Suspension Kit for RR10 Bomber Blue Monkey RC Axial RR10 Bomber 19 03-17-2016 08:30 PM
axial RR10 bomber new U4 class? Cork U4RC 2 01-15-2016 11:22 AM
Axial RR10 Bomber Help Needed trailtec Newbie General 12 12-28-2015 08:29 AM