Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: bomber vs yeti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2016, 09:43 PM   #1

Default bomber vs yeti

Hi im new to rc crawling but not rc and i have ordered a bomber and am going to attempt to make it competitive with my bros yeti now i understand these are 2 different platforms and im going to gut stock electronics and put my tekin set up in and savox servo and dx3r radio yadda yadda ....My true question is since im new to crawlers is about getting it to handle at speed and on the rocky stuff also what parts needed to swap for reliability and strength any info would be appreciated .... Thanks
ndrsroark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: bomber vs yeti

You should get a rear swaybar if you want it to handle good at any speed!
With more power my first upgrades would be drivelines and steering links. Try check out the bomber section on the forum lots of info!
Haziza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Foams are a huge factor, shocks, links, and yes, a sway bar

R.I.P Dave Mirra
Bmxreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:36 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Default bomber vs yeti

X2 to the sway bar and new shocks to lower it. But how to set it up all depends on where and how you plan to run it. If your brother is running an open front diff, you won't be able to handle turning at speed (think pavement or race track) with the Bomber's locked front diff anywhere near the way he can with his truck. But he won't be able to crawl on rocks with his Yeti anywhere near as well as you can. My advice would be to start by swapping out your electronics, adding the sway bar, universals n front, and doing the basic durability mods (lockers, links, trailing arms, knuckles/chubs). You can either start with the stock shocks and tune them with springs and oil, or swap them for shorter shocks to help lower it. Then go run it with your brother to get a feel for the setup and what you want to tweak next. You'll probably find that your RR10 can do some things better than his Yeti and vice versa, and you'll have a much better idea of where you want to go. And if you post some video showing where and how you run it, it will be a lot easier to help you from there.

Last edited by new2rocks; 03-29-2016 at 05:40 AM.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
X2 to the sway bar and new shocks to lower it. But how to set it up all depends on where and how you plan to run it. If your brother is running an open front diff, you won't be able to handle turning at speed (think pavement or race track) with the Bomber's locked front diff anywhere near the way he can with his truck. But he won't be able to crawl on rocks with his Yeti anywhere near as well as you can. My advice would be to start by swapping out your electronics, adding the sway bar, universals n front, and doing the basic durability mods (lockers, links, trailing arms, knuckles/chubs). You can either start with the stock shocks and tune them with springs and oil, or swap them for shorter shocks to help lower it. Then go run it with your brother to get a feel for the setup and what you want to tweak next. You'll probably find that your RR10 can do some things better than his Yeti and vice versa, and you'll have a much better idea of where you want to go. And if you post some video showing where and how you run it, it will be a lot easier to help you from there.
Thanks for the advice i guess i should have mentioned running conditions we are in the process of building a what i guess you could call ultra4 style track with large rocky and technical sections with some straights and sweepers . Im a long time rc short course and stadium truck racer and my thought process behind the bomber vs the yeti is he may get me in the straights and some corners but im hoping to make it up in the technical slow sections i think it should make for interesting racing since he is kinda new to rc and likes the go fast aspect of his yeti.
ndrsroark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Widen the stance, do an ifs conversion, unlock the front diff, get the cog low as possible.....stiffer foams shorter mm shocks.....
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:27 AM   #7

Once you get your rig you will find out fast what you need to replace and what you don't! Try to get to some rc events in your area to see and talk to other people about what they've done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Double A is offline   Reply With Quote

bomber vs yeti - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti vs Bomber cullen colapietro Axial Yeti 26 10-06-2017 06:21 PM
Yeti Motor/ESC in RR10 Bomber sean_cj7 Axial RR10 Bomber 27 09-11-2017 02:15 PM
Bomber/Yeti Trailing Arms Blue Monkey RC Axial RR10 Bomber 13 03-16-2016 11:26 PM
Do i want a Yeti or Bomber winsler Newbie General 14 02-28-2016 01:19 PM
Wraith VS. Bomber/Yeti Transmission Jayn Axial RR10 Bomber 6 01-15-2016 07:20 AM