RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Scx10 motor and Esc help pleaseeee (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/566736-scx10-motor-esc-help-pleaseeee.html)

Jgrim11 06-29-2016 07:40 PM

Scx10 motor and Esc help pleaseeee

Hi ive had my scx10 dead bolt for a while now and i have 1.9 rock crushers on 5 lug wagon wheels by rc4wd.I want more torgue and less speed so i was thinking of putting a 35 turn ax10 motor on my stock esc would there be any problems with this or like malfunctions or will anything go wrong or not work right, all help is appreciated thank you.

waw 06-29-2016 09:42 PM

Re: Scx10 motor and Esc help pleaseeee

for a brushed motor, there are many options available

35T
45T
55T >> I used one of my friends' deadbolt using this 55T, full throttle it's still in walking pace speed with lots of torque CMIIW

for the ESC, I use axial AE-5 it came waterproof from the factory and untill now I had no problem going in or out of water / mud

mike1976 06-30-2016 02:09 AM

I'm running an RC4WD 35 turn on 3s, plenty of wheel speed, and good torque. You might want to give the RC4WD line a try before moving to something more expensive, $13 a pop average street price you really can't go wrong. "thumbsup"

JohnRobHolmes 06-30-2016 05:23 AM

Torque gains abound if you get something nicer than a stock motor. My sealed can TrailMaster sport motors have much better magnets. Or step up to TorqueMaster or crawlmaster for even better control and torque.

Ditchrat 06-30-2016 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5527158)
Torque gains abound if you get something nicer than a stock motor. My sealed can TrailMaster sport motors have much better magnets. Or step up to TorqueMaster or crawlmaster for even better control and torque.

I don't doubt that, but is that claim something that you have quantified?
(internet disclaimer-this is a legitimate question, and not bait)

JohnRobHolmes 06-30-2016 07:20 AM

Don't have the figures handy at the moment, but I have made empirical tests on those factors. A torquemaster pro has more than double the stall torque of the same turn axial sealed can. I'll see if I can find the spreadsheet, it needs to be updated since most of my motors have been further refined since.

snapon boy 06-30-2016 07:39 AM

I use all Holmes Hobbies electronics in all my crawlers/scalers and they are worth every penny!

149 r/c worx team driver

Ditchrat 06-30-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5527188)
Don't have the figures handy at the moment, but I have made empirical tests on those factors. A torquemaster pro has more than double the stall torque of the same turn axial sealed can. I'll see if I can find the spreadsheet, it needs to be updated since most of my motors have been further refined since.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to put you on the spot.

Anytime someone can show why their product is better, as opposed to opinions, I find it a good selling point.

waw 06-30-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salompas (Post 5527238)
Where do you bught it?

I bought what's available in my region (indonesia), unlike where you live.. the variation of upgrades are not much here beside the high USD price:lmao:

JohnRobHolmes 07-01-2016 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchrat (Post 5527537)
Sorry, I wasn't trying to put you on the spot.

Anytime someone can show why their product is better, as opposed to opinions, I find it a good selling point.

No worries, it's an honest question. The differences are enough to notice dramatically by "seat of the pants"