Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Orlandoo Hunter (jeep)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2016, 07:05 PM   #1

Default Orlandoo Hunter (jeep)

Hello all,
I have on order an Orlandoo Hunter- Jeep model.
Will the front & rear metal axle upgrade fit the Jeep? I can't find a definitive answer or any photos (of Jeep w/ metal axles).
Also, what battery charger is recommended for the Li-po 2S 7.4V 260 mAh battery?
I have in my Banggood cart- SKYRC E3 2s 3s lipo AKKU battery balance charger AC-DC 110v-240v.
Is there a charger with safety shut-off when battery is fully recharged?
Thank you for any help!

Last edited by THUD; 12-21-2016 at 07:18 PM.
THUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #2

Default Re: Orlandoo Hunter (jeep)

Banggood recommends a "pull rod upgrade" for the metal axle upgrade, but the axle upgrade is only listed for the F150.
I've read some posts and/or youtube vids where some rods are not the correct lengths with the axle upgrade.

The battery charger Banggood recommends didn't make sense to me- it didn't look like it worked with wall socket outlet.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUD View Post
Hello all,
I have on order an Orlandoo Hunter- Jeep model.
Will the front & rear metal axle upgrade fit the Jeep? I can't find a definitive answer or any photos (of Jeep w/ metal axles).
Also, what battery charger is recommended for the Li-po 2S 7.4V 260 mAh battery?
I have in my Banggood cart- SKYRC E3 2s 3s lipo AKKU battery balance charger AC-DC 110v-240v.
Is there a charger with safety shut-off when battery is fully recharged?
Thank you for any help!
Specs for the charger you listed:

AC Input:100-240VC,50-60Hz
Battery Type: LiPo
Cell Count: 2-3 cells
Charge Current: 1.2A Max
Cell Terminate Voltage: 4.2V ± 0.02V
Circuit Power: 11W ± 10%
Dimension: 88x57x35mm
Weight:103g
Package Included:

1xSKYRC E3 Charger
1 x Power Cable
1 x Plug Adaptor to suit your Country

I would not leave batteries charging without being close by keeping an eye on them! That charger will work and is set to shut off at 4.2 volts per cell +-0.02 volts, and it comes with country specific wall plug.

I like Hitec X2 AC Plus charger, much better and way more versatile. I always put lipos in sack and set on non-flammable surface while storing or charging.

X2 AC Plus 2 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger | HITEC RCD USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUD View Post
Banggood recommends a "pull rod upgrade" for the metal axle upgrade, but the axle upgrade is only listed for the F150.
I've read some posts and/or youtube vids where some rods are not the correct lengths with the axle upgrade.

The battery charger Banggood recommends didn't make sense to me- it didn't look like it worked with wall socket outlet.
That is because the Jeep/short wheelbase and F150 chassis use different length links in most spots.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:29 PM   #4

Hi Natedog
Thank you very much for checking in and responding.
The Cell Terminate Voltage info, advice with batteries, and personal charger recommendation is sincerely appreciated!

I placed the order for the SKYRC charger and axle upgrade. With the axles I am hoping they will function with the other stock parts. I'm looking forward to some of the challenges.

I'm really interested in a particular body (early 1980s Toyota land cruiser) that I can't find in 1/35 or 1/36 scale. I have a 1/43 diecast. I see some 1/43 versions with material of: resin; I don't know anything about the resin but assume it is preferred for weight (& servo performance?). I've spent some hours websurfing for custom body options but have had no real leads.
----- Are there any individuals or companies that create custom RC bodies? -----

Lastly I'm about to start on some sort of indoor crawler run. I'll take some pics. And I look forward to sharing experiences with some of ya'll !!

Thanks again!!

Tags
orlandoo

Orlandoo Hunter (jeep) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Orlandoo Hunter Rubicon ywwong135 Micro Scale Rigs 18 02-13-2017 06:17 AM
Orlandoo hunter wheatyman Micro Scale Rigs 8 08-13-2016 10:36 AM
my Orlandoo hunter build eypontwion Micro Scale Rigs 1 08-06-2016 10:26 PM