Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Robinson Racing 32P Blackened Steel Spur Gear (58T)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2017, 05:49 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Robinson Racing 32P Blackened Steel Spur Gear (58T)

I just order one Robinson Racing 32P Blackened Steel Spur Gear (58T)# RRP1558 for my Axial Wraith and wonder what slipper plate washer and Slipper pad can be used with this new steel Spur gear ?

I prefer to run some good slipper plate washer and slipper pad from Robinson Racing. Any suggestions?
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Robinson Racing 32P Blackened Steel Spur Gear (58T)

Also I need a bushing for my Robinson Racing 32P Spur gear, does anyone knows where can I buy one?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
I just order one Robinson Racing 32P Blackened Steel Spur Gear (58T)# RRP1558 for my Axial Wraith and wonder what slipper plate washer and Slipper pad can be used with this new steel Spur gear ?

I prefer to run some good slipper plate washer and slipper pad from Robinson Racing. Any suggestions?
The Spur bolts to the stock outer slipper plate via the 3 holes if that is your set up. Nothing wrong with the stock slipper system even with big power if set correctly.

Main question is what it s your set up? Brushless, brushed, 2S, 3S, ESC, built trans, F/R axle gearing, tires etc.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:12 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
The Spur bolts to the stock outer slipper plate via the 3 holes if that is your set up. Nothing wrong with the stock slipper system even with big power if set correctly.

Main question is what it s your set up? Brushless, brushed, 2S, 3S, ESC, built trans, F/R axle gearing, tires etc.

Thank you for replies, The problem is my Wraith's spur slipper plate was not like the old model one ( 3 holes AX30411 Outer Slipper Plate ) like you said here. newest model Wraith's slipper plate is AX31026. It seems to me this Robinson blackened steel spur gear is designed for old slipper plate( The 3 holes one ) So, do you have any idea on how to mount them up?

I am currently on 2s, Titan 550 21T motor, AE5 ESC, Trans are all HD Metal gears from Hot Racing, Axles on all HD bevel gear from Boom Racing and Pit bull Rock beast 2 tires
Old 02-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Thank you for replies, The problem is my Wraith's spur slipper plate was not like the old model one ( 3 holes AX30411 Outer Slipper Plate ) like you said here. newest model Wraith's slipper plate is AX31026. It seems to me this Robinson blackened steel spur gear is designed for old slipper plate( The 3 holes one ) So, do you have any idea on how to mount them up?

I am currently on 2s, Titan 550 21T motor, AE5 ESC, Trans are all HD Metal gears from Hot Racing, Axles on all HD bevel gear from Boom Racing and Pit bull Rock beast 2 tires
That is a bummer having the new style but you can do a few items since you dropped $$ on a Spur already:

1. Cheapest fix with new pinion change is to get a https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-r...62637?v=358613

2. Measure the Robinson Spur center hole for a bushing, get that size,mock up the slipper assembly, drill 3 holes for the slipper washers and bolt it together.

3. If you want to stick to metal Spur and stock slipper then with new pinion change Buy a https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-r...03446?v=363540

4. Buy a LURC Slipper Eliminator since you have a built trans. This will allow you to run endless Common spurs that are like $3-5 Slipper Eliminator Kit - AX10 SCX10 Wraith

5. Change to old style https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-r...xi30414/p23159

In your situation and set up IMO i would do #4
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
That is a bummer having the new style but you can do a few items since you dropped $$ on a Spur already:

1. Cheapest fix with new pinion change is to get a https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-r...62637?v=358613

2. Measure the Robinson Spur center hole for a bushing, get that size,mock up the slipper assembly, drill 3 holes for the slipper washers and bolt it together.

3. If you want to stick to metal Spur and stock slipper then with new pinion change Buy a https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-r...03446?v=363540

4. Buy a LURC Slipper Eliminator since you have a built trans. This will allow you to run endless Common spurs that are like $3-5 Slipper Eliminator Kit - AX10 SCX10 Wraith

5. Change to old style https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-r...xi30414/p23159

In your situation and set up IMO i would do #4
After doing some research, it seems the Option#4 would be a good choice, but what hindrance me going to LURC Slipper eliminator was, ( The slipper clutch' Top Shaft ) Can it handle Power of 3s with Tekin brushless 13.5T motor? ( I am going to upgrade these very soon )

Option 3 also seems good to me. Thank you for suggestion me this Yeti spur, I never though the yeti spurs also compatible with Wraith.

Thank you so much here once again cmbscx10

Last edited by Teng; 02-12-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Robinson Racing 32P Blackened Steel Spur Gear (58T) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Robinson Racing steel slipper spur rubbing t3yf5g Axial Wraith 12 08-04-2012 08:37 PM
Robinson Racing Steel Spur. Thorsteenster General Crawlers 7 08-24-2007 01:40 PM