Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Looking for a 16" wheelbase "Roller"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #1

Default Looking for a 16" wheelbase "Roller"

Let's start by saying I have used the search tool, however thus far haven't been able to locate a relevant thread in the thousands of results.

I have a New Bright Jeep Rubicon dated 2004. It has a 16" wheelbase. I am smart enough to know there will not be any roller that won't require modification to get the body to fit. But I would at least like to start with a proven platform that has the correct wheelbase. So I don't have to modify suspension or drive shafts. It's a Nostalgia project only. The body is hitting the trash if I don't find a decent option that won't require tools that I don't already have...or want to have.

I have found a 15" and one that's around 18". I don't think I have the skill to modify the body in a manner that would satisfy my perfectionist side if it had to be lengthened or shortened. If I have to lengthen a frame, that'd also mean a longer shaft. lengthening a frame is probably not a big deal for me however finding and accurately sized shaft could be a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?
wireless112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #2

Default Re: Looking for a 16" wheelbase "Roller"

Now I know why this particular topic is so hard to research, Their are no bodies left in one piece (that aren't in a closet packed in lots of bubble wrap or in a pool of peanuts). I got the battery charged up. Ran it in the house and broke the spare tire off, ran it out side and broke another mirror off and broke the roll cage. It would of been a complete and utter waste of time to do this project. I am sticking to 1/10 and smaller....they roll right under my real vehicles without breaking...much.
wireless112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Looking for a 16" wheelbase "Roller"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless112 View Post
Let's start by saying I have used the search tool, however thus far haven't been able to locate a relevant thread in the thousands of results.

I have a New Bright Jeep Rubicon dated 2004. It has a 16" wheelbase. I am smart enough to know there will not be any roller that won't require modification to get the body to fit. But I would at least like to start with a proven platform that has the correct wheelbase. So I don't have to modify suspension or drive shafts. It's a Nostalgia project only. The body is hitting the trash if I don't find a decent option that won't require tools that I don't already have...or want to have.

I have found a 15" and one that's around 18". I don't think I have the skill to modify the body in a manner that would satisfy my perfectionist side if it had to be lengthened or shortened. If I have to lengthen a frame, that'd also mean a longer shaft. lengthening a frame is probably not a big deal for me however finding and accurately sized shaft could be a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?
The CrossCanyon frame was designed to work with the New Bright JK and using Axial drivetrain parts.

GCM USA Webstore - CrossCanyon Coil Chassis
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for a 16" wheelbase "Roller" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will a Vanquish link set meant for a 12.3" wheelbase SCX10 fit a 12" wheelbase? Derekuda Newbie General 1 08-10-2015 06:10 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM