Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Point in the right direction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #1

Default Point in the right direction

I am trying to make my SCX10 II look like my friend's 4 runner. I have searched the forums and wore out the Search function, but I can't seem to find who makes them. I have seen a lot of build threads using both lexan and hard body 4 runners, but have yet found no name of a producer of these items. Are they even still made? A point in the right direction is all I really need. Until then, I will continue to abuse the Search function. Thanks.
SCX10Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Point in the right direction

There was and may still be a guy doing resin cast 1990s era 4Runner bodies and some were on ebay. They look good, buddy of mine has one and on a hot day the body will get soft and distort (summer days easily get to 100F here). His is very noticeably sagging behind the rear body mount at the rear wheelwells. He paid over $100 for it which is not cheap for a body, and sad to see it end up looking very poorly. IIRC somebody had an earlier gen like you're looking for. Kyosho made a lexan bodied all wheel drive 1990s Toyota 4Runner that was released back in 1992.

Kyosho 4Runner - 4271 • RCScrapyard - Radio Controlled Model Cars
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #3

Starting with the ProLine body would get you close.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...-body-cab-bed/
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #4

I was looking at the Proline body as a starting point, but was unsure how intensive a modification would be. Modify the windows on the side behind the door windows. Cut out the back of the cab, but then I need an interior for the front section. Bench seat in the bed and roll bar mounted to the bed farther back. I guess it's close. I'm happy with a close enough.
I saw the ones on Ebay for $100 but was unprepared to spend that much. I think a lexan body with modifications can equal the price of a resin cast one before any modifications. Sounds like a close enough option may be the easiest way to go on my wallet.
SCX10Newb is offline   Reply With Quote

Point in the right direction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can someone point me in the right direction SerpentCT4S General Scale Talk 4 04-26-2015 06:41 PM
Ok, some one point me in the right direction???? Tgreer Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 11 04-18-2014 01:21 PM
Someone point me in the right direction for hilux parts chattinfarms Paint and Body 2 08-05-2013 03:46 AM
point me in the right direction. slim gravy Axial Wraith 7 06-09-2013 10:00 PM
building an interior for my honcho point me in the right direction! mtnbiker93 Scale Accessories 5 01-10-2010 08:26 AM