Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Post count not correct

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #1

Default Post count not correct

Curious, it seems that my post count went down. I've been a member for 11 years, I used to have enough posts to view the classifieds but now I'm bumped down to 25. If you search my posts I've got 40. Is there anything that can be done about it?
ghinmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Post count not correct

IIRC, posts in Chit Chat don't count.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Pretty sure mods will delete meaningless or worthless posts from time to time. Comments like, "Nice truck" or "What he said^^", for example. Not sure of any other criteria...
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #4

I have no short posts like that and only a small number are in chit-chat. That's what's confusing me.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

How many posts do you need to view classifieds?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
excabswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #6

Read the sticky at the top of this forum. 30 posts and 30 days of membership or buy a star.
CLASSIFIEDS - A How To Guide
Old 02-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Subtracting chit chat and regional posts, as well as one that is in a thread that has been removed, your post count is accurate.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

If you have been into this for 11 years, share some of the knowledge you have gained with some newbs. Why make a post about missing posts when you could help out a new guy with an easy question. Im sure there are a few guys asking if they need a bec or not.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jcplante; 02-21-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post
If you have been into this for 11 years, share some of the knowledge you have gained with some newbs. Why make a post about missing posts when you could help out a new guy with an easy question. Im sure there are a few guys asking if they need a bec or not.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
That's the problem, I have next to no knowledge on modern stuff. The last time I wrenched on one of these was when Cirrus CS80mg was an acceptable servo and a Tamiya silver can was a decent crawler motor. I've still got that old Clodbuster but it's so far out of date I'm not sure it's worth screwing with.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinmi View Post
That's the problem, I have next to no knowledge on modern stuff. The last time I wrenched on one of these was when Cirrus CS80mg was an acceptable servo and a Tamiya silver can was a decent crawler motor. I've still got that old Clodbuster but it's so far out of date I'm not sure it's worth screwing with.
Go buy an Axial RTR rig and start having some fun. Or if you want a more scale rig, look into the RC4WD trucks. Only way to get back into it is to get back into it!
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:58 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Subtracting chit chat and regional posts, as well as one that is in a thread that has been removed, your post count is accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinmi View Post

So it looks like you lost privilege when a thread got deleted. If you have no knowledege about newer equipt. but you're looking to buy something, maybe asking a few questions about getting back into the hobby would be the right way to go
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Go buy an Axial RTR rig and start having some fun. Or if you want a more scale rig, look into the RC4WD trucks. Only way to get back into it is to get back into it!
I bought a SCX10 ii kit and just attended my first gathering last weekend. Already have the itch to throw away half the kit and start fabricating, lol. Going to hold myself back for now. I think.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I can't believe I missed out on a SCX10 II that someone just sold for $50 on Craigslist about an hour's drive away from me. He said he bought it for his kids and they weren't interested in it - looked practically new!

I started kinda like you , @ghinmi... years ago I had a buncha RC's, even joined this forum but didn't post - just lurked.

I lost 'em all in a fire and didn't get back into this until months back - just been gathering upgrade parts for my unbuilt RR10 and been reading everything I could find here (and a few other sites, but by far mostly here!).

But I couldn't even reactivate my old account. Sent emails to admin with no replies. So, I had to start all over. No biggie - I'm currently only buying new parts and not selling anything.

After I finish my build I will have tons of extra parts - even some upgrades that I changed my mind on and bought something that appealed more to me.

I may just build another Bomber-based vehicle using a Bomber frame rail kit and a lexan body instead of a Bomber cage with everything........ would be nice to have a backup rig!

Anyway, welcome back to the fold!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:33 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I'm still running a clod based rig I love it it won't keep up with modern crawlers but it dose do pretty good for as top heavy as it is and its still a very fun rig out of date or not and parts.are cheap I've got less than $200 in mine total with new metal gears new axles new shocks new chassis the only original parts are 3 of the knuckles and 3 shafts and the little axle braces and maybe a few bushings other than that its all brand new exsept for the jug body and the custom aluminum bed and role bar

my jugg buster

Sorry I dont know anything about post count just comenting on your clod post

Last edited by ferp420; 02-23-2017 at 05:37 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:22 AM   #15

Not quite the same issue, but.....
I joined about one week ago, made a post asking for advice and I never saw it on the forum. Sent mail to the moderators and never got an answer. Twice. The site lets me log in and recognizes my user name and my last visit.
Any clue?
jjbigfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:57 AM   #16
MODERATOR™

The website help email goes into a black hole no ones about. What forum did you post in?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #17

I posted in newbie general. Mostly the post was about being well invested into off road buggys and moving into crawlers. Have a selection of esc and brushless motors and the like. Wondering what I could use.....
Still would like to find out
Old 02-24-2017, 07:02 AM   #18

And an apology for hijacking this thread.....

Post count not correct - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my post count going down?? twb4525 Newbie General 11 01-29-2014 10:31 AM
Post count Joe&Jeep Comments, Suggestions, and Help 23 11-29-2011 04:03 PM
Post count timh Comments, Suggestions, and Help 5 03-12-2010 01:01 PM
??????? about my post count muddin98jeeptj Comments, Suggestions, and Help 4 02-18-2010 08:25 AM