Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Best Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 06:28 AM   #21

Default Re: Best Kit

The Ascender is the best choice. The SCX10 II isn't available and at this point Axial isn't giving us the truth so nobody knows when it will be available. The date keeps getting pushed back and Axial is turning into a shady company.

The HPI looks nice, but I'm betting it's going to be left in the dust behind the Axial, Vaterra, and Traxxas trucks. Plus, the modern HPI always has replacement part supply issues. I avoid HPI like the plague.

The Sawback (leaf spring version) is one of my all time favorite trucks. It's a beast and the durability and performance will surprise you. As a linked truck I think there are better options like the Ascender and Traxxas TRX-4. Unfortunately, the TRX-4 will probably never be offered as a kit.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The SCX10 II isn't available and at this point Axial isn't giving us the truth so nobody knows when it will be available. The date keeps getting pushed back and Axial is turning into a shady company.
They haven't said anything, nor are they required to. All the rumors are just that, rumors. Just because things are out of stock and keep getting pushed back doesn't make Axial a shady company, just means they are having some type of issue. Add to that the restock date was late May for a long while, just recently did it switched to early June. Not much of a leap, considering all the thing involved such as shipping of product from overseas. Plus once product gets to the port it is subject to customs which can further delay things.

Funny to see all these people on this board hopping on the Axial hate train lately...
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post
They haven't said anything, nor are they required to. All the rumors are just that, rumors. Just because things are out of stock and keep getting pushed back doesn't make Axial a shady company, just means they are having some type of issue. Add to that the restock date was late May for a long while, just recently did it switched to early June. Not much of a leap, considering all the thing involved such as shipping of product from overseas. Plus once product gets to the port it is subject to customs which can further delay things.

Funny to see all these people on this board hopping on the Axial hate train lately...
Maybe shady isn't the right word, but Axial has mishandled this whole thing. They allowed the rumors to flow by not having an official press release. They don't have to address anything, but it's good PR to do so. And they have addressed it when asked...sort of. I don't think they ever made a public statement though. Nothing makes customers lose both interest and trust in a company like not having stock and leaving customers in the dark about what is occurring. Are they trying to follow HPI's disastrous lead?

I've long been on the Axial "hate train". There probably isn't a more overrated brand in RC right now. Too much plastic and low quality plastic at that until the seemingly recent change in compound, shoddy build quality in the RTRs, other quality control issues, and high pricing. This was forgivable when the original SCX10 was released and Axial was new to the vehicle portion of the hobby. Now, nearly 10 years later, these issues are inexcusable. I think other people are starting to realize this and these issues coupled with the mishandling of the supply issue have left a bad taste in people's mouths which is why you see more Axial hate.

Axial does great things like the Bomber kit which is a good design and it has as many upgrades as you need at a fair price. Then they make horrible decisions like the SMT10 which is fragile, underpowered, screws fall out of the transmission (still doesn't appear that they're using Loc-Tite on those screws in production) and the price was ridiculous. They, at least, have reduced the price on this truck.

I think Axial got the "we were first and nobody can touch us" arrogance. The competition is building slowly, but fiercely - Vaterra, HPI, Traxxas, etc.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comparison, kit