Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: RC4WD positive experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #1

Default RC4WD positive experience

I recently bought (6th of June) a TF2 RTR, but I haven't had much time to fool with it. I did trim the body for tire clearance and for the front shackles, installed stainless drive shafts, a Warn rear bumper, and decals. I checked the play in the pinions, but I haven't gotten to the point of greasing the diffs, transfer case, or the transmission- that's next on the list. I did run it a little inside the house- about 5 minutes worth.
I finished fitting the drive shafts this morning, and I powered it up to see how they looked in motion. Nothing- no steering, no motor. The esc was blinking red- that's it. I contacted RC4WD, and they got back to me within hours. I checked to see if the motor would run directly off of the battery- it did- so they are sending me a new esc. That is great service, in my book. They could have requested that I send it back for them to trouble shoot, but they didn't. the email was very personal and attentive, and quick. I am very pleased with the customer service at RC4WD.
hodge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #2

Default Re: RC4WD positive experience

Hi Hodge5, I also just got a RC4WD kit and have a few issues, but their agent has helped out a great deal and now all of the hours cleaning, rubbing and sanding on the bodyshell can be added to, and of course allllllll of the little scale extras. hope you have a blast with you new kit as I hope to have with mine.
Landy Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:26 AM   #3

This is a nice experience to read as I too am about to purchase a kit. Thanks for sharing
reaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaste View Post
This is a nice experience to read as I too am about to purchase a kit. Thanks for sharing
Forums tend to attract the bad reports, which is part of why a person joins a forum- to find out the truth about something that they are interested in. But, it seems that bad news always abounds, and good news is hard to find. I believe that credit is due when it's earned, and I believe that the positive is more important than the negative. The negative is often exaggerated, and the positive dismissed.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:19 AM   #5

Consider yourself a lucky one. Lots of bad experiences with RC4WD as I'm sure you've read.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I don't have any experience with their vehicles but I am aware of the very high price tags that they have, so I would expect nothing short of top notch service if I was a customer of theirs

Sent from my Apple iPhone 7…which, as you know, clearly defines me as being superior to you in every way
mudholestomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:59 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I've bought all sorts of stuff from them for 10+ years and never had an issue.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

RC4WD has been great to me. I cracked the grill on my cruiser body and they sent me a whole new body kit instead of just the outer shell. I admitted to them it was my fault even.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:00 PM   #9

Im extremely dissatisfied with the wheels i bought from them. The inner lock ring dosent clear knuckles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk
dillonbuckley666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonbuckley666 View Post
Im extremely dissatisfied with the wheels i bought from them. The inner lock ring dosent clear knuckles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk
What wheel and what knuckles? their product pages show their wheel clearances.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
RC4WD has been great to me. I cracked the grill on my cruiser body and they sent me a whole new body kit instead of just the outer shell. I admitted to them it was my fault even.

I bought some Aisin hubs for my Toyota, and one of the caps came off the first time I ran it- and it was just in the grass. I've emailed RC4WD, and I'm now waiting to see if they will replace it.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodge5 View Post
I bought some Aisin hubs for my Toyota, and one of the caps came off the first time I ran it- and it was just in the grass. I've emailed RC4WD, and I'm now waiting to see if they will replace it.
If your talking about the Yota II Aisin's with pink hubs, than when you first get them they are a little loose, you can tighten them up before you use your special tool to install them.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD positive experience - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rc4wd experience xstreets10 General Crawlers 11 10-26-2013 05:10 PM