RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   getting back into it, need help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/588103-getting-back-into-need-help.html)

hillclimber 08-08-2017 11:21 AM

getting back into it, need help

After a long time away finally got back into the rc world. To be sure i wanted back in, I bought a helion rock rider just to mess with. I got suckered back into the rc world and now am willing to spend the dough to get what i want. But i am at a cross roads and some help and opinions.

First what I am looking to do is trails in the woods, with rock climbing and hill climbing( and i mean like anywhere from 30ft to 100ft hills that are steep) I used to hill climb in a jeep Cherokee but had to get out of it cuz of the cost involved with wheeling real jeeps.

So where i am at, is that i am stuck on choosing the scx 10 2 or the wraith spawn.
I have found both just dont know which to get.

For what i want to do with it what is my best choice

Opinions please and thank you

mikemcE 08-08-2017 11:35 AM

Re: getting back into it, need help

Scale accuracy important, SCXll

Fun, bashability, wheeling, wraith.
Really different trucks 1.9 vs2.2 scale vs pretend.
I love my Wraith, I don't scale either.

Hang up and Drive

Motorider 08-08-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5735549)
Scale accuracy important, SCXll

Fun, bashability, wheeling, wraith.
Really different trucks 1.9 vs2.2 scale vs pretend.
I love my Wraith, I don't scale either.

Hang up and Drive

I absolutely love my 10ii. It has been a very capable rig. I just recently picked up a wraith and I'm getting it to work. Time will tell which is better. Wraith will definitely crawl more places as well as handle high speed trails better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JatoTheRipper 08-08-2017 12:51 PM

Massive hills require speed. I would suggest the Wraith over the SCX10 II for this. But if you are looking at the Wraith look at the Bomber. It's Axial's most well-equipped kit (assuming you do not buy the RTR), best bang for your buck, and IMO, the best all-around Axial rig.

Brake Weight 08-08-2017 01:09 PM

The 10ii is more 'realistic' and 'scale' than these two are. But both of these have real world counterparts. So whatever suits you. I'd recommend one of these though.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8bf2c034ce.jpg

hillclimber 08-08-2017 05:57 PM

Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated. I went ahead and ordered the wraith spawn while I could still find one. I considered both, your comments and the fact the wraith is an rtr got me to purchase it. Has far as the 10ii I could only find a kit, couldn't just spending another few hundred to get it rolling. Maybe one day down road but not right now.

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

JatoTheRipper 08-08-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillclimber (Post 5735685)
Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated. I went ahead and ordered the wraith spawn while I could still find one. I considered both, your comments and the fact the wraith is an rtr got me to purchase it. Has far as the 10ii I could only find a kit, couldn't just spending another few hundred to get it rolling. Maybe one day down road but not right now.

Thanks again

I hate to break it to you, but you're going to have to spend a couple hundred more to get the Wraith to where you want it. All new electronics and metal links will be required to do what you want it to.

hillclimber 08-08-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5735714)
I hate to break it to you, but you're going to have to spend a couple hundred more to get the Wraith to where you want it. All new electronics and metal links will be required to do what you want it to.

Yeah that weighed into ut too.
I'll upgraded when I break things, I can justify the spending over long period of time instead all at once

JatoTheRipper 08-08-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillclimber (Post 5735718)
Yeah that weighed into ut too.
I'll upgraded when I break things, I can justify the spending over long period of time instead all at once

Whatever works for you. At least you're getting back into this awesome hobby!

Brake Weight 08-08-2017 08:20 PM

HobbyWing 1080 Crawler ESC and a Traxxas 550 are a good start. You'll need a servo, too. Run it til it breaks then go from there.