Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: $200 (all in) budget crawler options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #61
clm
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: $200 (all in) budget crawler options?

When you start your video series put a link to it!
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm View Post
When you start your video series put a link to it!
I will! I already have a million ideas swirling. Beyond the initial review, I have plans to do a comparison between my Bomber, the Gen7 and.... the Miasto Crawler.

Because my channel is a budget based channel, I think it will provide a very interesting perspective to demonstrate the differences between a "premium" crawler (but one that's still very budget oriented), a true budget rig, and the bottom of the barrel toy grade equivalent.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I will! I already have a million ideas swirling. Beyond the initial review, I have plans to do a comparison between my Bomber, the Gen7 and.... the Miasto Crawler.

Because my channel is a budget based channel, I think it will provide a very interesting perspective to demonstrate the differences between a "premium" crawler (but one that's still very budget oriented), a true budget rig, and the bottom of the barrel toy grade equivalent.
Sweet... Looking forward to that!
ren.dnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:28 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I looked at the ECX. I'm a big ECX fan. I've got a Circuit, an Amp, and a pair of 2WD Ruckuses in the fleet, but that Barrage doesn't really float my boat. It looks like somebody stretched a 1:18 scale vehicle to try and make a 1:10 scale truck. I'd like to stick to 1:10 scale stuff if possible, and something with at least a 12" (ish) wheelbase. I don't want to end up in a situation where my son's vehicle won't work on the same terrain that suits my Bomber.

I've also got a pile of 5000mah lipos that I run in the majority of my vehicles, along with a couple large 3S 5000mah lipos that I run in my Slashpede. At least for this 2nd vehicle, I'm hoping to get away with being able to run the same 2S batteries that I already have, but still get reasonable vehicle speed (10mph?).
Hi Jim,

I enjoy your YouTube series, especially on the Gen 7 since I am considering it for my son, to run along with my Barrage V2 kit. Will standard size 2s lipo hardcase batts not work with the ECX Barrage?

Thanks,
MP
Mongol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:30 AM   #65

MP, I'm not really sure if full size lipos will fit in the barrage or not. I'm sure a full size battery tray could be easily adapted to work. Being a smaller, more narrow truck, the weight of a full size pack will likely be more noticeable than it would be on a bigger truck. This could be an issue with the battery tray in the back of the truck.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Maybe NEDan can answer that; he seems mod-friendly: Best First Upgrades - ECX Barrage
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

$200 (all in) budget crawler options? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What upgrades would you buy with a $200 budget for a stock yeti? monstersobe Axial Yeti 8 11-12-2014 10:13 AM
need advice, setup on budget 200$ nitrooxide Axial AX-10 Scorpion 20 05-20-2012 12:58 AM
lwarc's budget fj instascaler($200) lwarc Tamiya XC/CC01 50 11-04-2009 05:04 PM