Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Exceed MS10 vs. Redcat E10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2018, 02:15 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Exceed MS10 vs. Redcat E10

Hi folks,

Are there any significant differences between the Exceed Maxstone 10 and the Redcat Racing Everest 10?

Also, is there a better choice for a 1/10 competition crawler?

Thanks,
MP
Mongol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2018, 05:36 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Exceed MS10 vs. Redcat E10

I believe they are almost identical apart from the body and colors. The one difference I'm aware of is the Maxstone has a little bumper on it that most people remove since it gets caught on rocks easily. There aren't many mass market shafty comp crawler style vehicles currently on sale. Apart from the E10 and it's clones, there is the Losi nightcrawler 2.0. I'm sure there are some more specialty vehicles out there, but they would likely be much more expensive.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:34 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Nether will be comp worthy out of the box if i remeber corectly the.only differance is the body and they have different chassie plates the redcat side plates dont have any adjustment for the upper links and they need to be in the section that is cut out i b3live the max stone dose have more material so you could drill new holes in a better spot for the upper links nether are gona have alot of gearing options because the plates restrict the motor movement if you want a comp rig build it from scratch but that sead i love my redcat i made a new chassie to get around the horable redcat chassie and the thing is a billy goat now i was finnaly able to get to the top of snail trail
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:58 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
Nether will be comp worthy out of the box if i remeber corectly the.only differance is the body and they have different chassie plates the redcat side plates dont have any adjustment for the upper links and they need to be in the section that is cut out i b3live the max stone dose have more material so you could drill new holes in a better spot for the upper links nether are gona have alot of gearing options because the plates restrict the motor movement if you want a comp rig build it from scratch but that sead i love my redcat i made a new chassie to get around the horable redcat chassie and the thing is a billy goat now i was finnaly able to get to the top of snail trail
Hey ferp, any pics of your Redcat homebrew chassis?
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:32 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
Thanks ferp420,

Which chassis would you begin with if you were going to build a billy goat?

Thanks again,
MP
Old 01-27-2018, 11:04 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I do have pics and video
https://youtu.be/7GkRGM30GiE

https://youtu.be/I3kZbuP0x7A

https://youtu.be/QMtTMqnsnMA

I dont have alot of exsperiance with comp chassies so i cant recomend any i built mine based on what i saw i needed a narrow as possable skid plate and lots of room for the motor and alot of link adjustments points and a more upright shock placement mine isent comp legal ether but it dose billy goat and it is fun lol

The pics and vids are kinda old but ive only changed the tires since these pics and vids were taken

Last edited by ferp420; 01-28-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:53 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Cool. Thank you!
Old 01-28-2018, 04:42 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Looks good! I'm guessing it's made of delrin (kitchen cutting board)? How about the roof and hood? Some kinda plastic, like a milk jug or maybe something stronger?
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:19 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Looks good! I'm guessing it's made of delrin (kitchen cutting board)? How about the roof and hood? Some kinda plastic, like a milk jug or maybe something stronger?
Your right on the money cutting board and water jug im gona make a few more just for the hay of it and ill add pics with the link hole locations and the dementions after the hammers its not comp leagle ether with the stock links it has a 13.5" wheel base and its saposed to have a body on it i took the mounts off the e10 chassie and mounted them on the body its self then the body posts go in to the holes drilled in the side so the posts don5 stick out and the clips are easy to get to on the inside but i rearly run the body im also gona make a new chassie for my maxstone 16 yota build to just because theres no room for a bigger motor in the orig8nal chassie

Exceed MS10 vs. Redcat E10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 parts in hsp, exceed, redcat axles Masonsteeler Redcat Crawlers 3 01-25-2018 12:08 AM
ECX Temper, Redcat E10 or OTHER?? Mongol Pete Newbie General 7 12-14-2017 06:27 PM
Swb Redcat E10 scaler Grandbuggy General Scale Talk 13 05-13-2017 08:29 AM
Redcat e10, scx10, wraith Frankenstein Watkins8347 Redcat Crawlers 6 01-15-2016 11:16 AM
Exceed MaxStone 8 vs Redcat 1/8 Rockslide kutless Redcat Crawlers 7 10-23-2012 09:25 PM