Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: vehicle for bashing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default vehicle for bashing

Hello to all,
I'm looking for a fast bashing vehicle, no climbing only speed and jumps to more I can not on meadows, widen in the woods, dirt roads and unpaved parking ....
being, however, the first model, after reading a bit 'of reviews around are undecided on these models:
-Traxxas E-Revo
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa....-4-red/p576407
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa....4-orng/p734547
-Traxxas Slash 4X4 Platinum
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa....a6804r/p244605

I know that they are very different means, what I'm looking for is a fast and robust vehicle ... at the moment I would keep it in stock, but if it had a good availability of aftermarket upgrades for tomorrow it would not be bad .. What's the best vehicle for my use?
One last question at the moment I have a FlySky GT3C radio modified to 8CH could be good to manage a vehicle in speed or it would be better to switch to a higher model? In this sense, if I had to change it I was considering the Spektrum DX5C and DX5R in order to have a radio for all the models ... what do you think of both these radios and the AVC system?
As a budget I set myself not to exceed € 500- $ 650 including shipping and customs (unless I also buy radios and receivers) ...
Excuse me again for the thousand questions and I thank you in advance for the help you give me ...

Last edited by Belvis; 02-15-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Belvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2018, 01:51 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: vehicle for bashing

Definitely a monster truck or truggy for big air... Arrma comes to mind although aftermarket is nowhere near Traxxas. Short course trucks may take more abuse due to bumpers and bigger body though. You can always go with bigger wheels on a SCT too.

You dont really need AVC with a 4x4 and some sense.

Any decent radio will do, if anything you need a better radio for crawling.

(My 1.6 eurocents.)
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:11 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If you get the Revo - definitely get the all-new 2.0 version - it's been redesigned to be tougher and faster than before.

It was just put out for pre-order a few days ago... and it comes with a radio designed specifically to allow for full control of certain features.

I'd read through this link:

https://m.traxxas.com/products/landing/e-revo/
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:40 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I’m saying Slash.....with 1/8 Power and tires.

30’ jumps easy and 60mph stable
MM2 and castle 2650

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:21 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Arrma kraton v3
Near indestructible, easy to work on
6s capable
Very nice 3rd party support for upgrades
I never saw a bad review anywhere!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I’m saying Slash.....with 1/8 Power and tires.

30’ jumps easy and 60mph stable
MM2 and castle 2650

Hang up and Drive
This is along the lines of what I was going to suggest. I think the Slash platform is an excellent bashing platform, but I don't like the short course wheels & tires. 1/10 scale monster truck tires (i.e. Stampede stuff) make the truck a much more versatile offroad truck. In that same vein, I prefer the standard slash chassis to the LCG chassis that comes on the Platinum. The LCG chassis handles better, but you lose a lot of ground clearance that you really need with that longer wheelbase if you're going to be in grass or in rougher offroad terrain.

My truck started as a Stampede, but I swapped to the longer Slash chassis, and also added 1/8 scale electronics. The truck is a boat load of fun, and extremely durable.

If you're planning on keeping it stock for a while though, I would recommend going with a Stampede 4x4 so that you can have the better ground clearance and the bigger wheels & tires. Swapping over to the Slash chassis later is cheap and easy. The most expensive part of the swap is the new body, but after you tear up the stock body you'll need a new one anyway.

Here's my Stampede that I converted over to a Slash MT:

Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:56 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Arrma Talion and Nero is what I have for bashing/beating. Have yet to find a truly weak point on those two trucks.

Used to run ERevo for same thing and found weak points quite quickly.

Now when we run Arrma and Traxxas together the ERevo always needs something fixed.
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcmonster View Post
Arrma Talion and Nero is what I have for bashing/beating. Have yet to find a truly weak point on those two trucks.

Used to run ERevo for same thing and found weak points quite quickly.

Now when we run Arrma and Traxxas together the ERevo always needs something fixed.
I really like the Nero and had planned to take the plunge into 1/8 scale with one until they disappeared. I hope that once Arrma gets past the lawsuit and gets sold to somebody with some capital that the Nero gets re-released with an updated design.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #9

Traxxas is the way to go for bashing. I don't care what anybody says. The new E-Revo 2.0 is here and you can be sure it's going to kick ass. The Slash is great and fun.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:23 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Traxxas is the way to go for bashing. I don't care what anybody says. The new E-Revo 2.0 is here and you can be sure it's going to kick ass. The Slash is great and fun.
Except the E-revo 1.0 was well known for breaking apart each time you run it versus the Arrma trucks.

I think the 2.0 will be awesome but i need reviews from Bashers first

Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
Except the E-revo 1.0 was well known for breaking apart each time you run it versus the Arrma trucks.

I think the 2.0 will be awesome but i need reviews from Bashers first

Yeah Arrma did a good job copying Traxxas and updating things. Big ****ing deal. Let me know when they start thinking on their own and creating unique vehicles.

Oh and then there's the uncertainty of Arrma's future because of HobbiCo's financial woes. Traxxas parts will always be available locally. And Arrma doesn't have nearly the aftermarket support that Traxxas does.

When the E-Revo was released people were running much milder motors and batteries. Technology has evolved and the power we're getting from modern day brushless motors and LiPos is insane. Who thought people would be running 6S LiPos when the E-Revo was released?
Old 02-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Default vehicle for bashing

My slash is a beast, and doesn’t break. XO1 diffs, MIPs and techno big bone. Upgraded slipper, 17mmhubs, 2.8 tires. HR chassis brace , STRC parts.
I don’t bash in grass, so the LCG chassis is fine.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

My main reason for not listing other options, is the user is not USA based. Hopups and replacement parts might be an issue with some of the other vehicles... I'd personally rather have a modded Slash 4x4 than a Revo, but that's because I personally dislike cartoon wheels and tires, and the bodies that go along with them. I'd be trying to run big crawler wheels and tires and a scale appearing body myself. Hubs are an issue, but with adapters it can be done. Frankly, though... I'd probably give up and run 2.8 wheels and the new Pro-line Slash body that is designed for that application.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Plus 1 on Durok's and mikemcE's posts. Traxxas Slash 4x4 with the Proline conversion. 2.8's and they have the Slash Fusion body to accommodate the bigger meats. It's really hard to go wrong with the Slash 4x4 platform. You can set it up as a basher, but if you get tired of that turn it back in to a Short Course rig. Tired of that? Make it a Rally. Bored with the Rally, get some 1/8 GRP street meats and a 1/8 touring body and you've got yourself a nice road based car/basher. The versatility of the platform is what sells it for me!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

what do you think about Arrma Talion 6S BLX 2018 version? Aesthetically I prefer it to Kraton... but I could not understand the technical and performance differences ...
Old 02-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

If I was going to get an Arrma, I'd try out the 2018 update version of the Senton 6S...
Old 02-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belvis View Post
Hello to all,
I'm looking for a fast bashing vehicle, no climbing only speed and jumps to more I can not on meadows, widen in the woods, dirt roads and unpaved parking ....
being, however, the first model, after reading a bit 'of reviews around are undecided on these models:
-Traxxas E-Revo
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa....-4-red/p576407
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa....4-orng/p734547
-Traxxas Slash 4X4 Platinum
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa....a6804r/p244605

I know that they are very different means, what I'm looking for is a fast and robust vehicle ... at the moment I would keep it in stock, but if it had a good availability of aftermarket upgrades for tomorrow it would not be bad .. What's the best vehicle for my use?
One last question at the moment I have a FlySky GT3C radio modified to 8CH could be good to manage a vehicle in speed or it would be better to switch to a higher model? In this sense, if I had to change it I was considering the Spektrum DX5C and DX5R in order to have a radio for all the models ... what do you think of both these radios and the AVC system?
As a budget I set myself not to exceed € 500- $ 650 including shipping and customs (unless I also buy radios and receivers) ...
Excuse me again for the thousand questions and I thank you in advance for the help you give me ...
I have sold these INTEGY trucks to people and had them very happy with the results. They are 4wd, and this model is even Brushless.
If you want some pricing on this model, send a message to Custom Crawlerz, and they can get you an estimate with shipping and such to you if you supply your shipping address as well.
Jam1sstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

today I looked at a lot of videos of the models that interest me and I managed to close the circle a little ... these were my observations:
the E Revo and the Kraton are much more "ignorant" means great for long jumps and for the evolutions in the air, but on the contrary in the fast driving on the disconnected they seemed too "bouncy" and not very manageable as you open the gas tend to rearing up and down ... then I would discard because it is not the kind of driving I'm looking for ... so I focused on comparisons between Slash and Senton, and I must say that the Senton really has much more ... in acceleration literally leaves the pole to the pole ... in both the guide is "flat" with big drift and hardly tend to lift the nose ... then I focused on the Talion the guide I thought "very flat" saw him very few times overturn, zero evolutions in the air but long and wide jumps ... of all the means I am amazed at the robustness ... I have seen landings of muzzle on one wheel after absurd jumps and never a broken arm ... I would say that circle closes around:
Traxxas Slash Platinum
Arrma Senton 6S BLX
Arrma Talion 6S BLX
logically both the Arrma in 2018 version
logically your advice is more than welcome ...
Old 02-16-2018, 05:10 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Yeah Arrma did a good job copying Traxxas and updating things. Big ****ing deal. Let me know when they start thinking on their own and creating unique vehicles.

Oh and then there's the uncertainty of Arrma's future because of HobbiCo's financial woes. Traxxas parts will always be available locally. And Arrma doesn't have nearly the aftermarket support that Traxxas does.

When the E-Revo was released people were running much milder motors and batteries. Technology has evolved and the power we're getting from modern day brushless motors and LiPos is insane. Who thought people would be running 6S LiPos when the E-Revo was released?
The only similarity between any Arrma truck and any Traxxas truck is the Nero used laydown shocks, which have been used for decades before someone at traxxas decided to patent them. Other than that Arrma borrowed more from the classic pan chassis racing platforms like the 8ight than it did from anywhere else. Apart from the new erevo 2, UDR, xmaxx2 and TRX 4, Traxxas line up is extremely dated right now. Being completely objective, there's no slash version that even vaguely compares with the Senton 6S for instance. The Kraton and Talion, which a quick wheel change could be raced in an e truggy class.
mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mond View Post
The only similarity between any Arrma truck and any Traxxas truck is the Nero used laydown shocks, which have been used for decades before someone at traxxas decided to patent them. Other than that Arrma borrowed more from the classic pan chassis racing platforms like the 8ight than it did from anywhere else. Apart from the new erevo 2, UDR, xmaxx2 and TRX 4, Traxxas line up is extremely dated right now. Being completely objective, there's no slash version that even vaguely compares with the Senton 6S for instance. The Kraton and Talion, which a quick wheel change could be raced in an e truggy class.
The Nero was a near clone of the E-Revo. It wasn't just the suspension that was copied.

Arrma has lots of me-too vehicles to compete with Traxxas. There isn't much innovation in making me too stuff.

Tags
bashing

vehicle for bashing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First vehicle crawler nub Chit Chat 29 07-12-2011 08:48 PM
What's in your vehicle? ghtpdm5 Chit Chat 30 06-16-2011 02:14 AM
Looking into a new vehicle ! zjherna1 Newbie General 1 04-10-2011 12:14 AM
First Vehicle? Cslax06 Chit Chat 30 02-28-2008 06:33 PM
What was your first vehicle? (1:1)... WRMorrison Chit Chat 72 01-18-2006 08:38 PM