Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Adding Lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #1

Default Adding Lights

Hi all,

I知 trying to add some lights to my Axial SCX10 ii Jeep Wrangler. I want them to look similar to the PIAA 525s I have on my 1:1. I see Axial sells lens covers that would work. Any thoughts on how I could identify potential pods that would work?

https://www.hobbytown.com/light-bar-...i80115/p220691

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orangejeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #2

Default Re: Adding Lights

Axial part# AX80045 comes with everything you should need. Dont look on the axial site, google it as it comes with a lot more than shown on the axial site.
CHIEFWIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFWIG View Post
Axial part# AX80045 comes with everything you should need. Dont look on the axial site, google it as it comes with a lot more than shown on the axial site.

That痴 awesome! TY

Old 03-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #4

Quote:

My lights came in today and they look amazing! I知 thinking about lighting them up. Would it work if swapped out my headlight leds with an Axial AX24258 led string? It has 4 leds and the connector looks the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejeep1 View Post
My lights came in today and they look amazing! I’m thinking about lighting them up. Would it work if swapped out my headlight leds with an Axial AX24258 led string? It has 4 leds and the connector looks the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They are not compatible according to the Axial website. Go to your Jeep on the website and scroll down in the header page for it and read about the lights. Unless you are running something different from the rtr esc light controller all in one. I dont see any different lights advertised for it yet. Somebody with a bit more knowledge or has come across this might want to chime in.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #6

Quote:
They are not compatible according to the Axial website. Go to your Jeep on the website and scroll down in the header page for it and read about the lights. Unless you are running something different from the rtr esc light controller all in one. I dont see any different lights advertised for it yet. Somebody with a bit more knowledge or has come across this might want to chime in.

Thanks, so would you just wait until something is released down the road?

Old 03-20-2018, 09:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks, so would you just wait until something is released down the road?

Waiting is not my style lol. It really depends on your plans for it, if your just gonna go with the stock electronics I would probably just get an Axial AX24257 light controller and a 2 light led string like AX24252 and use that for your 2 lights or just use the 4 light string that comes with the kit with some of your extra lights from your new light bucket kit and really light things up. If you use the 4 light string you will have to unravel the wires near the leds if your lights aren't close together. There are cheaper options out there like the cheap chinese light kits but seems like a lot of space to occupy for 2 lights. The axial simple controller just plugs into your spare channel on the reciever on the jeep.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:54 PM   #8

By the way nice jeep, I bought a brand new 94 YJ with the 4 liter off the lot when I was a kid and worked for Chrysler. I had a lot of fun in that thing.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:58 AM   #9

Thanks for the info.

I do love my Jeep. Fun in all weather. I知 on my third one. One TJ and two JKUs (one was a lemon).

Old 03-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Waiting is not my style lol. It really depends on your plans for it, if your just gonna go with the stock electronics I would probably just get an Axial AX24257 light controller and a 2 light led string like AX24252 and use that for your 2 lights or just use the 4 light string that comes with the kit with some of your extra lights from your new light bucket kit and really light things up. If you use the 4 light string you will have to unravel the wires near the leds if your lights aren't close together. There are cheaper options out there like the cheap chinese light kits but seems like a lot of space to occupy for 2 lights. The axial simple controller just plugs into your spare channel on the reciever on the jeep.

My parts can in. Oddly none of the kits came with the 3 x 8 mm screws required to install the light. Got my hands on some screws and I知 happy with the outcome.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #11

Quote:
My parts can in. Oddly none of the kits came with the 3 x 8 mm screws required to install the light. Got my hands on some screws and I知 happy with the outcome.

Looks good!

Adding Lights - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding the lights and rock lights to a TRX-4 MikeMontgomery1970 Traxxas TRX-4 6 09-09-2017 10:15 PM
Adding lights to the wrath...? johncraddock445 Axial Wraith 8 10-17-2014 07:07 AM
Adding Lights To Wraith - Questions sniper101 Electronics 3 02-25-2012 12:42 PM