Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #181
Rock Stacker

Talking I Am A Newbie Help

HI I AM A NEWBIE!:-P
I HAVE A STOCK TLT WITH A INTEGY 30 TURN LATHE MOTOR.
AND SOME DIRT HOG TIRES!
NOT MUCH BUT ITS COOL OH AND ITS A MAX CLIMBER I HEARD THE REGULAR TLT THE AXLES OR DRIVE SHAFTS BREAK?:?
I LIVE IN SOUTH CAROLINA. I AM 14 YEARS OLD.
I HOPE I AM OLD ENOUGH TO BE ON HERE PARENTS SAY ITS OKAY. I NEED INFO ON TLTS. ANY BODY CAN HELP OR IF U LIVE IN SOUTH CAROLINA/
WELL THIS IS MY FIRST POST I HOPE ITS ALRIGHT. LOL..
AND MY NAME IS MICHAEL
PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFO IF U CAN I WOULD LIKE TO GAIN SOME FRIENDS ON HERE.
THANKS
TLTBASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #182

Hey out there. Not a newbie. Been a regular over at "That other site" since it's earliest days. Been lurking here for about a year or so. I spend most of my time just reading on the forums but I try to interject when I know what I am talking about.

Been into RC for about 15 years. Been clodding for about 10 of those.

Right now I have -
Stock clod
Clodzilla 2 clod - soon to be tuber
twin force
monster beetle
USA-1 electric
Lunchbox (rerelease)
mini T
Xray M18
zipzap jeep
Nikko 1/10 Jeep (for the lil daughter)
Rustler
Villain EX boat

I live up in Canada. Thunder Bay, Ontario to be exact. The crawler community here consists of my brother and I and occasionally my wife.
This summer we're going to see if we can get a bit of a club going here though.

In the next few weeks my brother and I will begin doing up some tuber chassis for our clods and depending on how that goes I might do some sort of shafty with the twinforce axles and tranny.
RyanTuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #183

Hi, I've been a lurker here for a while now, just soaking up all the usefull iformation. this is a great site, a lot of creativity and people who arent afraid of stepping outside of the box.
I live in Lahaina on the island of Maui in Hawaii. I havent met anyone here crawling or even running an electric truck for a while now, seems evey body is on the nitro bug here. so far I have a TTR Clod, 2 stock TXT's, mad force, savage, wild willy2, gravel hound and just got a TLT. hopefully I can get my TLT converted into a crawler soon.
mrbrochanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #184
Rock Crawler

Talking

Hi everyone, my name is gary i live in michigan. I have been involved in rc off road racing for the last ten years. Found this site and got really interesred in rock crawling. I am presently starting a clod based crawler,so far I have a set of axels witch I have locked with shoo goo, and a body. I plan on using a nn chassis. My queston is has any body used proline powerstroke shocks on this chassis, are they too stiff to big or just too expensive, any feedback would be welcome. thanks.SHREK!
shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:01 AM   #185
Pebble Pounder

Default hey guys want ur in put

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTW0191P
Is this a good deal for a starter already have the Nylint thing going on so and have been watching thing for a while but is this a good kit to start with??
U guys can pm me on anything u think might be better!
Nylintjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #186

Hey guys, i'm Josh.....been lurking around here for a while now. Found alot of usefull info. I don't have a "real" crawler yet. All i have is the NewBright crawler (which seems to be a bad word around here) pictured below. I have done plenty of mods to increase flex and traction without spending a penny. My question is this. What would be a good starter crawler for me? I'm not to familiar with the names of the brands. I'd like a decent crawler but also something to get dirty with. So more than crawl.....but still have the ability to crawl. Thanx for your time.

darksyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:08 PM   #187
RCC Addict

That is one fawking sweet @ss nylint.

Anyway TLT would probably be the best to start with. Search around, the question has been answered many times before.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #188
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
That is one fawking sweet @ss nylint.

Anyway TLT would probably be the best to start with. Search around, the question has been answered many times before.
thats a newbright, read before you post
OIT_TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #189

Talking

im a newbie to crawlers, but not to rc , i got my first car when i was 8 and im now 14 and my list includes a savage 21 (my baby and second car) MR4 BC for race days, a V12 mardave, a mutant kinda 6 wheel thingy which is stil under construction and a highly modified tamiya TL01 for which i made a range rover rally dakar body and that has winch and a multitude of lights and when i get a dremel im taking out hte belly of that one for better off roading clearance. i live in devon, UK. i hope to make a full metal tuber crawler chassis for a tech GCSE in year 10 at school, then add the electronics and drivetrain for a GCSE in year 11.
spannerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #190
Rock Stacker

Yeah, im a newbie and i also have a newbright jeep rock crawler and it got me into the Crawling sport. i have a t-maxx and a nitro 4tec but now i want to do something that i havent done before. I am tired of my new bright and want a nice crawler without paying over 500.
Nate666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:19 PM   #191
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIT_TLT
thats a newbright, read before you post
Wow good catch! I didn't want to get my crap mixed up.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #192
Rock Crawler

I just now remembered that I've never posted in this thread before... So, a little over a year later, here goes:

EDIT: Don't pay any attn. to anything I say, I'm quitting smoking, and I'm a bit loony at the moment...

Out of shame and guilt for not having attended a comp in the last couple of months, I've busted myself back down to "quarry creeper." (I think that's what it was...) Technically speaking, I don't even own a complete crawler, but several in various stages of build-up. But, that should change once I finally find a motor, and my frickin' body comes in!

I do my best to speak well, put my thoughts/ideas into words, and even try to get the spelling and punctuation correct. I also use way too many emoticons, and I do this....a lot... ....I think it's a nervous tick or something...

Anywho,

Sincerely,
-WRM

Last edited by WRMorrison; 01-25-2006 at 01:15 PM.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #193

hi everybody. im kyle not new to rc but new to here.. my current truck is a rc10t thats gettin the brushless treatmeant hope pic works. oops forgot to add my age 18

and i have a stock clod on the way my first real rc car was a electric stampede wich was traded for the rc10t . in the picture the 10 has a 11turn racers edge duratrax intellispeed 8t pro cirrus cs60 and traxxas tq2 radio. has hpi wheels. imex claw dawgs lunsford tunbuckles and rods. rpm stealth tranny the rest you can see.
later
kyle

Last edited by kyled123; 01-31-2006 at 02:21 PM.
kyled123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #194

Default images

how do i post photo's on here
jdirtmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #195

Hi guys,

I'm Rick, a former R/C Racer of 7 years, before my son was born I sold off $5000 worth of r/c cars and equipment three years ago.

I miss the hobby immensly.

I was actually looking for a new hobby when I stumbled upon r/c rockcrawlers.

Your trucks are awesome. I like the engineering aspects of these trucks.

I just purchased my TLT-1 as the base... for my truck

I live in Southern New Jersey

Last edited by Yeeharacing; 01-26-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Yeeharacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:18 AM   #196
Rock Stacker

hi welll since i last posted i gpt a tlt tuber a regulaer tlt with a exstension to make it 1/10 scale with a 55 turn lathe motor. maxx shocks a real nice setup overall.
thanks guy for yalls info untill next time .
TLTBASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #197
I wanna be Dave

hi my name is scott i live in las vegas, nv... i just found your site about 45min ago and have been searching around and looking into getting another R/C car... i want something nitro because ive only done elecrtic cars in the past but that was years ago (when the associated T3 was brand new is about the time i got out of it...) i love full scale rockcrawling and thought that r/c crawling would be a great way to pass the time between trips out with the quads and trucks... anyway just wanted to say hi. youll be seeing more of me for sure.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #198

Talking

hi everyone im andrew im 15 and love rc rockcrawling
TLT-1tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #199
Pebble Pounder

Hi guys im a newb here
name: Robert
cars: mini t. mini lst, xtr.21, CRAWLER COMING SOON
I am building my first crawler as we speak. as most i am not new to rc but am new to rc crawling
mxrider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #200

Default Newbie

Yo, I've been a lurkin around here and am working on a Twin just for fun.
Name: Dom
rc experience: RC 10 GT, T-maxx, Twin Force- converted to 7.2 v, evx, suspension mods (pivot balls kinda ugly), steering mod (crossover steering), gear reduction (87/13pinion), reduced weight.
Just the begining of this hobby.
Any Reno crawlers?
http://procleanreno.com/dz/rc_cars.htm
enjoy!
mxdomzy is offline   Reply With Quote