RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<< (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/597-attn-newbies-post-here.html)

Helmar 03-22-2015 01:59 PM

Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Well, lets hope I get this right.
My grand kids just got some rock crawlers, so did my son and now I got the Axial ax10 deadbolt.
Looking for modifications of course and always enjoy helping others as well.

triaxrob 03-27-2015 06:18 AM

Im Robert, Im from Indiana, Just south of Indianapolis, I have a scx10, Mainly stock

Dobbs 03-27-2015 02:53 PM

Newb to crawling here. Been into RC since '96 with flying and off-road stuff. Been on-road touring car racing for the last 2 years or so and have been beating up monster trucks since high school. Just starting to get into crawling and will be getting an RC4WD Gelande II Land Rover Defender soon. Glad to be a part of yet another RC forum. Thanks in advance for any questions I may have in the future.

MaxximusRC 04-04-2015 12:33 PM

Hi all, my name is Chris and I'm from Michigan. I love crawling, I have a T-Maxx 3.3, an Axial EXO Terra and an Axial Wraith. I dove into the RC scene about 3 years ago and have been addicted ever since. I would be happy to share my knowledge and experiences as well as learn more from the rest of you!"thumbsup"

tjholic 04-05-2015 07:44 AM

My name is Carlos from Puerto Rico.And came to learn about Rc Crawling.Thanks.

w00pr 04-13-2015 07:12 PM

Doug from Nevada. I have ax10 deadbolt. Love it.

scaled 04-15-2015 11:26 AM

Hey, Scaled from SLC, UT.
Axial SCX10 Deadbolt
Newbie, interested in crawling. Over the years have learned that learning how to drive slow is less expensive and in the end makes you faster. I assume this will translate to RC as well. I have two girls with Maisto Crawlers but I think they have eyes on the Deadbolt. I will likely be building a Sawback in the future when my oldest steals the Axial from me.

Interested in mostly fun crawling but open to an occasional comp down the road.

sled 04-26-2015 12:30 PM

Hey all! Been around since 2005 but never posted anything so techincally still a Newbie, no actual crawler at the moment previously used a Nitro Revo or slightly modded Emaxx. Kinda got away from RC for awhile but have re found my interest in it, just finished a Brushless conversion on the Revo with the MM2 combo and am building back up a 2 wheel drive brushed Emaxx for my 3yr old daughter. The SCX10 Ram has caught my eye and will likely be the next addition.

Thechewmaster 05-03-2015 06:56 AM

Hello there, just checking in.

I recently put together a wraith kit my brother sold me for an awesome deal. Also hooked it up with the electronics from his honcho, ae-2 esc, 27t axial motor ( gets hot fast), castle bec, hitec 7954sh servo, vanquish upper links and steering links.

I think that's it, I live in woodland, ca just outside sacramento. Been enjoying crawling my wraith, been on here searching around for my next upgrade, prob motor

gtp_jmp 05-06-2015 09:58 AM

Goooday

Checking in from Montreal qc. I'm 30, just recently got the rc bug. And can honestly say I'm full on addicted. Nothing else matters lol.

The rig:
Traxxas telluride
Castle combo 3800kv
De Trinidad / flat irons
Proline blazer fully decked out with clod buster grilles / bumpers etc.
A whole bunch of misc upgrades..shock/driveshafts etc..

What I want to add to the collection

Scx10
Twin hammer

I'll soon be posting a a thread about my build.

LOOCHEECH 05-14-2015 06:29 PM

Hey all,

TK here. I live near Ottawa Ontario, and just finished building the Axial SCX10 Wrangler G6 Kit.

Loving it so far and looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Later!

fadi.join 05-17-2015 02:56 AM

Im looking to buy a super performing rock crawler 1/10 scale, i m looking at quality, performance and capability, I was impressed with the Axial XR10, but i need an RTR, any suggestions?

FloridaCrawler 05-21-2015 12:23 PM

Jon here in sunny Florida, starting my Axial SCX10 G6 Jeep Rubi build today. I had an RC10 I raced a little back in the early 90's and got out of the hobby. This is my first kit since then. I found out about scaling about a year ago and thought it looked really fun, then forgot about it until I drove past the local RC club and saw it again a few weeks ago.. Can't wait to get out there and start wheeling with you guys. Going to take my time and build it right. I got 4 months to beef it up as much as possible before my first G6. Amazing how much customization can be done to these kits. Just like real Jeeps! Thanks for letting me join your forum, Later.

olsenjb 05-22-2015 12:39 PM

Hey everyone...I'm a newbie here so thought I'd post an introduction. My son and I have both had Traxxas Stampedes 4x4 for a while now, but I'm wanting to delve into crawling a bit. I think I've settled on a Losi Night Crawler, but I'm still reading and researching. I appreciate everyone's help and knowledge...this appears to be a great website/forum. Thanks.

seedburns 05-27-2015 08:48 AM

Hello from northern Ky Been out of the rc hobby for 20 years.Got me an scx10 g6 and love it.Have some oldschool trucks I need to dig out and get running agin

InsanePacoTaco 05-29-2015 07:16 AM

I'm from upstate SC.
Got an HPI wheely king from a local store for my own amusement, then a friend got me interested in playing in the rocks 8)
Now I'm playing around with a Wraith Spawn kit build, rc4wd 2ax transmission and seeing where it goes from there.

Edit:
Flexcj5 is the guy that sent me here

Darthloco 05-29-2015 02:51 PM

New to RC crawling, but eperienced wheeler...

Howdy!

In a former life I wheeled the tires off my Amigo in CO/UT and frequented colorado4x4, pirate4x4, and 4x4wire forums.

FFWD half a decade and a relocation to the PNW (Seattle metro), and the itch has returned to defy gravity through mechanical means and enjoy what nature has to offer.
To placate that itch, I picked up an Axial Wraith Spawn RTR a couple weeks ago that I've been running around until battery charge is exhausted or it breaks.
So far when we have taken walks on trails, and any obstacles/rock gardens I've found to play on around the complex.
Moved the battery (2s 5100mAh) to be width wise at the firewall location, and moved electronics over the transmission skid, under the interior.
Stripping the plastic servo horn upgraded to the Axial AL version, and next trip out the servo sounded like a ratchet so upgraded that to a Savox 1230 with a CC BEC @ 6v.
The plastic pin hub stripped, so upgraded to the AL 12mm hex hub/wheel combo.
Next couple weeks I intend to upgrade the lins (steering and suspension) to the TI version, change out the body panels to AL, and paint finish the cage/chassis, body, etc.
There will be a motor/ESC upgrade coming soon, would prefer to run the 7.4v I have capability of, possibly update to a 3s battery and then start going toward gearing, more metal replacements of plastic pieces, etc.

I look forward to meeting you and learning more about the addiction, having fun so far!
Joined the WARCRC forums, so maybe I will catch you out there.
Take care and happy wheeling! 1:10, 1:1 or otherwise...
Keith

BevaStew 06-03-2015 08:03 PM

Hey, New to the site, New to Scale. I'm from south Louisiana, work in the gulf and I like to build/break stuff.

And I have an ascender.

snapon boy 06-03-2015 08:51 PM

Welcome. Hi from Abbeville LA. We're at the in laws.

carolina_customs 06-08-2015 08:41 AM

Hi all, my name is Jeff (Carolina_Customs) and Ive been in the RC hobby for about 14 years. Here lately i've gotten into custom crawler builds since i like to be different and any one can just buy parts. Currently I have 2 scx10s, a high lift, and a Gelande 2. One scx10 is a tamiya blackfoot body converted to crew cab on a truggy chassis and the other scx will be going under then knife soon to be a tamiya f350 truggy build. As you can tell from the name, I am from North Carolina and apart of the Hickory Twisters Crawler Club.