Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #2041

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi I'm. Terry from wnc. Checked this site out a lot before. Have a maxstone 16 and building a tlt-1 base jeep
Rockmonkey1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #2042

Greetings from south dakota! Love the site. I'm currently driving my first scaler, scx10, and loving the Crawling driving style. May try my hand at a comp style build over the winter. Thanks for all the info so far.
Mandano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #2043

Hey guys, my name is Tyler from Coldwater, Mi. My son and I currently have a Stamapede and Slash with an Axial on it's way. I'm in the lift kit business so I caught the bug from some of my co-workers that have modified crawlers. I can see all of this RC stuff becoming a issue in the near future! lol
Crawlyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:07 PM   #2044

Hey I'm Jeremy from WV. I picked up a wraith spawn kit a couple of weeks ago after driving my buddy's scx10.

I'm running a HH trailmaster pro 3300kV and HH trailmaster pro esc. Blew the teeth off of the idler last weekend and put together a HR aluminum trans with Hr steel gears. The list of planned upgrades is long and I plan to scratch build a U4 style sooner than later.

Great forum!
YJ4Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #2045

Marc from Lynn, MA

Hi all.

This is my winter hobby. Airsoft is the main one..

1/10 Mad Gear Cliff
1/10 AXXE
1/12 FY03
1/10 HG P402
Yota-Irops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:50 AM   #2046
Rock Stacker

Hello,

Halme from Finland reporting in.

I'm interested in tech generally, it doesnt matter if it's a toaster or oil tanker. Everything goes and interests me! In RC I'm now knee deep in scale rig building and I wish that me and my builds fit well in this community! I like to comp, too.

Greetings,

Halme
Halme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #2047

New 1/10th Yeti owner here. First crawler, but not new to RC. I started back in the day of the Tamiya Grasshopper, Blackfoot, Clodbuster, RC 10 and Optima Mid. Still have a few of them. Also run a Revo 3.3. Looking to learn a lot about crawlers here. I see a second one in my future at some point................
RC DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:38 AM   #2048

Hi all.
Newbie from a very wet and windy U.K here. Been into R.C for a few years and just picked up a partly finished Sawback I'm going to start building. Currently have a modified maverick scout / axial dingo hybrid but decided I fancied something more scale looking.

Thanks

Michael
mitrab36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #2049

Hello my name is Doug I have all types of radio controlled stuff from boats to semi's and crawlers. The crawlers I have are a ascender and a wraith. I'm from Kansas
kornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:48 AM   #2050

Hi, David from South West Florida. I have a scx10 deadbolt that I've been slowly upgrading. Planning on custom fab work soon also.
DLeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:55 AM   #2051

Hello all,
I'm a newbie here. I've been lurking for a while now. Love this forum!
I grew up building and racing rigs since i was little (born in 81 lol). I got out of it for years because life got in the way.
I've started getting back into it now and I'm loving it all over again!
I live in east haddam CT
I'm currently in between rigs (buying a gelande II)
I just got in 3 redcat crawlers for my 3 kids for Christmas.
Anyways enough of me rambling on!
Look forward to meeting some of you at an event sometime.
Chris
chaentjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #2052

Hi all! My 8 year old son and I have been doing some RC stuff with micro cars, the little customizable ones from Radio Shack called X-mods. We learned about gearing, suspension, motors, and more from those and now he's ready to move to the next step so we started checking out this site because we live in the mountains of Virginia and have a lot of good terrain to crawl on!

The Traxxas Telluride caught our eye since it's a good mix of speed and crawling.

We've gotten one and we've been running it for a month or so and having a blast modifying, breaking, fixing, learning, bashing, crawling...too much fun.

Thanks for a great resource, it's been really valuable to our learning curve.

We plan to post a thread the Traxxas Crawler thread to show our build as we go.

See you on the forum! TK & Lucas.
Turboschwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #2053

My name is Jeff. I live in Northwest Indiana. I have had a Summit for a long time. Just got a axial Rubicon kit that I am assembling. Just saw this site and looks like nice forum as I have been trolling for a while. Thanks.
HoosierTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:08 PM   #2054
Rock Stacker

Hey guys new here, my name is Nathan and I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. and new to the whole RC world. Picked up and axial ax10 deadbolt a month or so ago and well I wasn't expecting it to be this addicting haha. So far I've move the electronics to the back and the batter to the front. Put a tekin 35t motor in with a 3s lipo. And some vanquish links. Destroyed my idler gear ibn the trans heater and my driveshafts don't have much more in them splines are starting to twist. But look forward to interacting with people here and learning as much as I can!
Nalleywhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #2055

Hello Everybody!

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
- My name is Matt, I'm 31, and an Engineering Manager. New to RC in general - I picked up an MST MS-01D drift car as my first RC late last year!
What kind of rig you have?
- Recently picked up a Wraith Spawn RTR and am really excited to climb/traverse everything around here.
Where you live?
- Durham NC

I'm really excited to try this off-road thing out. Drifting is OK, but the car is not as bash-able as I'd like. After watching all sorts of videos on YouTube I really want to try out the G6 style event sometime this year. I saw that there is a Carolina Crawlers group that held a G6 style event last year, I'd love to attend that this year if I can find any info!
CaptMatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #2056
I wanna be Dave

Welcome.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:08 PM   #2057

Hey guys not new to rc but new to crawling im 26 married and 2 kids i picked up a HSP pangolin 1/10th crawler seems to be built half decent for a cheaper crawler has great articulation now i do have some questions is this a 2.2 crawler? And does any one have any expierence with this crawler? And any info on it would be great i picked it up used but is all but new just dont really know too much about it also what bodys/parts fit this crawler? thanks in advance guys
HSPcrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #2058

Hello there I'm a new guy to this page but not new to rc crawling. I have had several crawlers but have limited it down to 1 now which is a vaterra ascender and i love it. From the past day i have been on here just looking around I can say this is the best website ever for rc crawlers. Hope i get the hang of it and jump right on in with the conversation.
scalecrawlerguy114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:46 AM   #2059
Quarry Creeper

Hi everyone...not sure how many people read through this thread...but here it goes.

I got sucked into a you-tube black hole after just after christmas, and came across some scale vdeos...I was instantly transported beck to being 14 and begging my parents form my first RC car (was a Kyosho Tracker)...I couldn't get it out of my head...thanks to this site

fast forward a month an I have a running SCX10 dingo. I've tried to do it as inexpensive as possible to get started (i know the deadbolt would be cheaper but wanted a kit). Went with the following: Dingo Kit, flysky radio, hobbiewing 1060, axial 27t motor, venom 2s 4000mAh battery and a thunder AC6 charger...think that covers it.

ohh yeah live in Maine...snow on the ground, have a wife and a 1yr old so this has been a great way to do something fun inside.

Cheers!
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #2060

new to the forum
from south texas i belong to our lil group of south texas crawlers i crawl in a wraith with scx10 differentials and finishing a project its a scx10 with brazzin chassis bec running 3s other than that its all stock lol goin slowly

yeyo_rgvt is offline   Reply With Quote