Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 06:55 AM   #2161

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

I have a few trucks and on-roads, electric and nitro, looking to get into a yeti and possibly some rock racing.
msf1t- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #2162

Newbie here. Eric from Billings, MT. I just purchased my first rc in over 10 years and decided to go the rock crawler/basher route so I got a Yeti kit. I had mostly just nitro touring car experience in the past so I am sure I will be asking lots of dumb questions
Spaztastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #2163

I just sold my 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that was fully modded with Poison Spyder and all the hardcore stuff. Yup I did wheel it hard. I just bought a SCX10 Currie edition. This is my first RC. I have built performance motors and cars professionally for the better part of 40 years, 70 now. So its time to grow up and buy a real toy to play with.My buddy bought one too and our wives are getting interested. I already put in a 3900KV brushless and ESC as a start and will be having fun with it. We have a great beach to wheel on so we might build them for a bit of wheel speed. I'm really looking forward to this hobby.
Gunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #2164

My name is Mike, and I'm an R/C addict (and apparently a newb).

Since the last week of June, I've gone from owning zero RC vehicles to owning a 1/10 Torckus (Ruckus body/Torment guts), a Rustler VXL, an X-MAXX, and a currently-being-shipped Wraith Poison Spyder that is about to undergo more surgery than an aging Hollywood starlet.

Actually, I take that back. I don't own them. Haha, no, they own me. But it's better than having a spouse in some ways. My wallet is still empty, but at least RC makes me happy! *ba-dum-tiss*

Everyone seems to mention this forum, so I fingered I would join. Rampant = violent & uncontrolled behavior, which perfectly describes the kind of driving my buddy & I do, so that's the name we came up with for ourselves on IG & YouTube. I mean, all the cool kids have a brand name, right? Right.

Also, I'm old. 38. And Ryan is 39. We promise to be cool, hunny-bunny.
RampantRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #2165

Noob here from Birmingham Alabama area.I have 2 scx10s and 2 losi night crawlers.my scx10s are scalers both built close to the same performance wise.me and my wife go to moss rock almost every weekend with our rigs,yes that means my wife is awesome, not only does she not nag about my hobby but she enjoys it with me and she even buys parts occasionally lol.I've been using the knowledge from this forum for a while now,so I figured I might as well join.thanks for all the knowledge
Tattooed hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:53 AM   #2166

Hey everyone. Josh from Michigan. New to crawling here. Been into RC for quite a while (all race trucks). Just put in an order for a SCX10 II kit. Looking forward to this new realm of RC.
Dtjurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 11:06 AM   #2167

My name is Chris, I am from Alaska, new to here but have been addicted to rc for years. It all started with Traxxas rigs, to include 2 Emaxxs, a Revo 3.3 ( coverted brushless), a rustler, 2wd slash (mostly Proline), a couple 1/16 erevos.
I progressed to crawlers via an Axial Ax10 scorpion, XR10, a homemade body less XR10 based crawler, a DNA Mantis chassis berg v1 axle crawler. With multiple project chassis/crawlers on the bench.
Always looking for tech based info, how toos and advice on everything rc.
AKstonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #2168
Pebble Pounder

Just signed up, bought a Wraith a months or so ago, and of course started the mods right away. Still searching for good info on shocks and other items so, thought I'd look around and see what people here thought.
Polaris425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #2169
Quarry Creeper

Signed up a few days ago. Watching awesome crawling/training stuff on YouTube, and lurking around on forums like these got me interested, so I bit the bullet and bought a SCX10-II kit (since I've always loved mechanical stuff, building it is half the fun for me). Saw so many awesome tips/tricks and examples here on this community, that I decided to sign up here.

Already, thanks for loads of inspiration!

If you're interested, I've got a build log of my first ever RC build (and actually, first RC in general I've owned since I was like 8 years old) on the SCX10 II subsection. I've already started with my first mods as well.

Last edited by IVIaarten; 08-22-2016 at 02:05 PM.
IVIaarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #2170

Howdy...picked up a SCX10 Jeep back in June, now it's time for some quality components to upgrade this critter!
Here in Lakewood Co, there are a lot a places to crawl...I have ZERO experience with RC stuff, so.....I'll use the search feature a lot!!
GMRCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #2171

Hey everyone,

Just signed up so I thought I would say Hi. Just bought my son a Deadbolt for his birthday and I'm looking at getting a SCX10 ii or Wraith. Seems the more I read the more unsure of which one to get I am....... oh well that's another topic.

Jamie
DirtyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #2172
Pebble Pounder

Do you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before a new thread you started shows up? I started a thread in the Wraith section yesterday showing what all I had done to mine so far, and it's not there... I've been doing the forum thing a very long time so, I know it's not on my end.
Polaris425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:12 PM   #2173

Hi, Cadens dad here. Bought my son's HSP Pangolin about 3 years ago. We went to Interstate Park one day in Taylor's Falls MN and there was a guy coming out of the park with his crawler. 3 minutes before we saw this guy my kid said "this would be a good place for the rock crawler dad". The next weekend he was with me we went back with the crawler. He then thought it would be a good idea for me to get one. To Craigslist I went. Fast forward to today we still have the HSP, 2 ax10's, 1 wraith and one wraith on the way and one SCX10 in build mode. Tons of fun and my 7 year old lives it. Taking next week to go on a rock crawler tour near Minnesota's North Shore. Glad to be here. Thanks in advance for all the help and info!
Cadens Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #2174

just signed up. been into RC for many years - planes, cars, trucks, helis and quads. recently got interested in crawling. got a SCX10 II last weekend and had it out a couple time. sure enjoy the new challenge and change of pace. still have my old RC10 T4 truck for the go fast drive.

i live in a north dallas suburb and found a few places to crawl around the neighborhood creeks but looking for more. found a local group but have not yet hooked up with them. nice forum here. hope to support / contribute.

gw
gwood123@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:53 PM   #2175
BSC

Hello from Cali, brand new to RC my love for crawling in my jeep has led me into the rc world as an extension of what I love to do and is a whole lot cheaper
BSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:51 AM   #2176

Hello everyone, My name is Mike and I live in Kansas city Missouri, I signed up 2 years ago and finally bought an RC a few weeks ago. I bought a Traxxas Summit and after 2 days my wife took ownership of it and told me I could use it whenever I wanted. After getting bored sitting on the tailgate of my truck and watching her play with the summit I decided I needed my own RC. I went to the HS and saw a Yeti XL on the counter and had to have it. After using the XL for a few days I decided I was having more fun with the Summit, so I found a lightly used one and now I own my own Summit. Im now thinking about a crawler and have my eye on a Bully2. Im a month in and now have 3 RCs in the house and a ton of upgradded parts. Even have a bench dedicated RC stuff.
Mike AA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:23 AM   #2177

Hi all

my name is Nick , i'm French , leave in south west France , bought an Axial Yeti RTR for my boy last christmas and a SCX10 deadbolt too . Have bought another Yeti kit one month ago , that's my toy this time , just finished it few days ago and very proud of the result . i'll post some pictures soon . My daughter ( 8 yo ) wanted his toy too , then i bought a TT kit that will arrive tomorrow , my wife gets mad .
there's no many upgrades on the RTR but fine setups on shocks ( oil , springs , links tricks , sway bar ) and this rc car is glued to the ground in corners .
my second Yeti have Proline shocks F/R, 3S Hobbywing Xerun sct pro and 4000kv ( low timing 16/64T gear ratio ) xerun motor senrored , Savox servo , Futaba T3PV radio / R304S receiver.
This forum is awesome and i've found many cool infos !!!
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #2178

Whats up , newbie to this site but not so much r/c, anyway
Jeff roswold
Wriath Spawn with holy crap extras will have pics soon
Bonney lake Wa

Just paid membership so will upload photos, quick question is there a app for this site?
rainier116th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #2179

Red face Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

I haven't used this forum much, but I've been active in R/C sense the early 90s
USA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #2180
Rock Stacker

Hey guys, Carnaw here from NY. Just got my first crawler, AXIAL Bomber, and fairly new to the RC scene.

Already been crawling through the forum taking in as much info as I can.
Carnaw is offline   Reply With Quote