Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #221
Rock Stacker

Sup folks, well I am a noob to the crawler scene. But not to the RC scene. I have been in the RC scene since the original RC 10. I actually owned an original grasshopper. Anyway right now I happen to get a horrid Venom Mini Giant in a trade. So instead of tossing this mess in the dump, I decided to turn it into a crawler. I ordered pretty much every new part I could, probably could build a second one. Last night I started working on my project. I call it "Project Nightmare". Last night I extended the drive shafts and cut the tube to extend it. I will post pics when I get more done.
theiceman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #222
Pebble Pounder

I guess you could call me a Newbie too. I've been in the Nitro game for a while though. I'm wanting to start into Crawling now and need to know what truck would be good. I want Electric and I want a straight axle front and rear. Is it possible to gear these things down so that top speed is super slow? That's what I want. Any help would be great. Thanks
Dollarhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #223
MODERHATER™

Hello! I'm Patrick, i live in Colorado. Been checking out this site 4 a while now,it's inspired me to build a mad force, a clod, a txt, and now a tlt! I've been wheeling since i was 14 so the itch 4 more never goes away! Thanks to all that have posted all the useful info and made this such a great hobby!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #224
Quarry Creeper

hi i forgot my name but oh hell why am i doing this? im in kerman/fresno.
and i anit a newb. ok i hate all newbs

Last edited by blazed; 04-05-2006 at 10:26 PM.
blazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #225

Sup all,

I've been into r/c's for quite some time now. But now mainly into drifting my Mini RS4 [not micro] and now working on this crawler. I've been interested in them since the TLT came out and sparked some imagination into me. So i'll try to gather as much info as i can from you guys
twistedconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #226

Default stick it

how much cheese will i need to build my crawler, I would be using the stick frame?
wallnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:05 AM   #227

Hey all!! New to the rc crawling scene and just thought i would say hi.

Just like to say that this is a rad website. Thanx to whom ever mad it !!!!

I live Canberra, Australia. And i have got a atech mini monster that i am turning in to a trail/crawling rig !! I hope to post some pics in the near future !!!

Meh
nick_burgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #228

Hey....I'm Matt. I live near Chicago IL. I'm in high school, no job, and have an awesome revo! Planning on getting/making a crawler in the near future, not sure what I'm doing yet though.
Smash N Bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #229

So I see this is the place to introduce myself! My name is Rich, and I live in Northern NJ. I'm new to RC Crawling, but not to RC. I've been in the sport for a while...I currently race at a club level in T-maxx Offroad, 2wd Truck Offroad, and a couple of dirt oval classes. I also wheel an 89 Cherokee.

Looking foward to learning from this site!!

Rich

Here's a pic of the XJ..hope posting it works!

JeepguyNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #230

Hey Rich, Welcome aboard! I also live in North East Jersey and roll in a 01 Cherokee 3.5" RE Superflex and 265x75xr16 BFG Muds.. I'll look out for ya in the Jersey area..

Later,
Frank
xtraflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:10 AM   #231

Hello.

My name is Benjamin but call me BENLATAK.

I have an Emaxx and my project is do build a crawler with a TXT-1

I live in south of FRANCE.

And if you want to know something else, tell me.

Thanks. :-P
Benlatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #232
Pebble Pounder

Hey, my name's Matt, and i'm a total newb to crawling. Just got me a tlt so i figued a crawler may be coming on, but i have no clue where to start.

I'm running a twin detonator, soon the tlt, a highly modded evader pro, a rising storm, and dream about owning a clod

Anyone got any info on making tlt tubers?
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #233

Thumbs up

HEY ROCK RATS AND BOULDER *****ES!

My name is Brett and obviously I'm new to this forum but not all that new to the clod crawler thing, about 7 or more years ago when ESP came out with there all aluminum 4 link design i fell in love so i made my own and man was it *****en (YES I AM PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK:-P ) but i only farted around with it for a couple of months and then put it away. now i found this forum and it sparked up the flame, so I broke out the clod the other day and started a shtick setup. i will be posting pics soon and crawlin all over place (SMALL CHILDREN AND PETs BEWARE).

GREAT SITE!

HOPE TO CRAWL WITH SOME OF YOU SOON!
later

Last edited by the shtick; 04-14-2006 at 11:54 AM.
the shtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:59 AM   #234

Hey im Bachir from pitt meadows BC, Canada, and iwas just wondering what the hell an esc actualy does. I know, I know stupid question .
raphy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:19 AM   #235
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphy777
Hey im Bachir from pitt meadows BC, Canada, and iwas just wondering what the hell an esc actualy does. I know, I know stupid question .
ESC Electronic Speed Controle.
IT controles the amout of current flowing in and out of the motor.
Emaxximuss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:15 AM   #236

Default loot

ok ive been in rc since i was in west germany back in '89 when i was 6 yrs old during this time i got my self a clod buster and a black foot and i want to take this cars and create them in to a crawler. i would like to do some of my own tube work but i dunno how to weld (do!h). if anyt one can help me out with how to do stuff like thisim pretty darn good with a cad program so i bet i could be a designer for neew frames and wa not.

rigs i have now
revo
tr-15
black foot
clod buster
Creaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:50 AM   #237

Default Hey all!

I just gotta say this site is the best/most detailed site I've found on RC in general ever! Not all of this applies only to crawlers but just about any other car, truck, buggy, or homemade rc vehicle. I'll admit it, I've just been lurking around for the past few months learning LOADS on crawlers. I even managed to mod my own TQ3 and learn to solder in one night!! I bought an original 80's era Clod on Ebay and got to it. From all of the knowledge I've gained on this site I've managed to cobble together a damn nifty tube (brake line mig welded) frame clod. Kind of a rock buggy/clod/??? This has to be the most excited I've been about RC in years and it's thanks to this site that I decided to start my clod project. It's finished enough to test (toasted 2 Traxxas high torque's already) and almost ready for paint. (It'll never be fully finished!) I'll post up some pics as soon as I pick up another camera as I'm lacking one now (Drunk a-holes stealing my s*#t) Sorry for the rambling on but I wanted everyone to know that all the hard work testing and posting is VERY APPRECIATED!! Oh yeah thanks to the admin's! Peace out....
Bird76Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:50 AM   #238
Debunking old stereotypes

Welcome to RCC and the RC rock crawling world!!!

You've found the best site on the internet for RC.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 04-28-2006 at 01:53 AM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #239
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude
Hey, my name's Matt, and i'm a total newb to crawling. Just got me a tlt so i figued a crawler may be coming on, but i have no clue where to start.

I'm running a twin detonator, soon the tlt, a highly modded evader pro, a rising storm, and dream about owning a clod

Anyone got any info on making tlt tubers?
Welcome to RCC Matt.

Check here and you should find plenty of info.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #240

Default NC Newbie

Hey, my name's VG, and I'm a total newbie to Crawling - RC ... everything is this "world". Looking to start into this game and have some fun with myself (not in that way) and get out with my Son this summer, but i have no clue where to start. I've heard of a "park" out in Vass NC looking to get out there soon.

Looking to build a Clod that can would have a dump bed on it. Something in the thinking of making a CLOD MAMMOTH DUMP TRUCK.

Anything can be corrected with the right of amount of explosives!! P = Plenty
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote