Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #2381
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi all,

Duke here from North Central West Virginia, not far from Yeti Mountain. Newly into the electric crawler scene. Having my first son soon and using it as an excuse to get into some toys. I currently own an unlimited rubicon edition scx10 and an ax10 deadbolt roller. I'm going to do an axle swap to get the AR60s strength and width under this baby and change up the wheelbase to a 2 door JK body to match my life size JKR on 40s. I'll mostly read and research, use the classifieds if its available and not say much unless I have thoroughly researched the question at hand and have an educated question to ask in depth. Thanks for the community and knowledge.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2017, 03:40 AM   #2382
dav

Hi all, iam from the great land down under & i just recently bought a Axial Yeti & i god damm love it. Have to say this forum is full of great info for a newbie like me.

Last edited by dav; 07-01-2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: photobucket issues
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:16 AM   #2383

Hi all, Newbie here, have owned a Honcho and my son ( has a deadbolt, we crawl together, hailing from Perth Australia.
I am a soon to be owner of a D110. Cannot wait to get back into this hobby, ya'all have a nice forum here.
reaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #2384

New guy from MN. Plan to getting my SCX10 II shortly. Lot's of great info here!!
w900snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:53 AM   #2385

I'm not necessarily new to the crawling scene, but i am new to the comp scene. Ive gone over sorrca rules but i can't seem to find out if i can use portal axles in class 1. They are becoming a big thing and i was wondering if anyone had an answer, thanks!
carolinacrawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:03 AM   #2386

Also how/Where do i post a build thread so i can get ideas from others? dumb question but i am new to the site..... lol
carolinacrawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #2387

Hey everyone. So I'm thinking about picking up a crawler. I've been into RC since I was a little kid and have been on the hobby grade side since '09. This is going to be my first full fledged crawler. I'm torn between the Traxxas TRX4 and SCX10-II. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #2388

Hello all, I use to track race back in the late 80s early 90s, got out of the hobby for a while. I picked up Tracxxis Slash 4 years ago just to play. I got a new neighbor that had a Crawler and goes to meets. This has peaked my interest again and now I want to build a class 2 scale crawler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joe762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:18 AM   #2389
clm
Quarry Creeper

Been a lurker for a long time. Total newbie to crawling as in I know nothing about what's right or wrong for a crawler even if I have been doing normal RC for decades.

My first crawler was a Losi Mini crawler I got way back when I signed up for RCC forums. Lots of bizaare mods to it.

Number 2 is a Losi Micro Trail Trekker that is currently looking more like a leaf sprung Chevy k10 but will likely be turned back into a normal Trekker if I could ever find a stock body... and get a micro crawler clone to use the k10 and leaf spring chassis on.

Number 3 is the TRX-4 I picked up on friday after ordering a month ago

Number 4 is a very cheepo p402 I will build as a loner truck so I don't have to drive alone.. so lonely when that happens.

and Number 5 is under slow construction which will be a full crawler based on and expanding on items from the Mini... it is top secret

Chris
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:40 AM   #2390

What's up guys I'm kyngwolf
Crawling with an custom exceed mad 1/8 with mods, I've got a 3 vehicles so far but I'm working on more crawlers.
KyngWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #2391

Default New to the Forum game

Hey everyone,

I'm from a super small town settled in southern Indiana. I decided to join to hopefully gain some experience, knowledge, and find people in my neck of the woods that does some rc competitions and just fun trail riding! My trucks that I currently drive are: 1/10 Axial RR10 Bomber, 1/10 HPI Bullet MT 3.0, 1/24 Redcat Sumo truck, and a couple drones that I fly for the heck of it.

Hope to hear back and link up!! >e(peace)
holland_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #2392

How goes it folks, long time lurker finally decided to sign up and say hey. Not long into crawlers, been playing with the full size things for years though so the ethics should transfer. Been messing with R/C for 20+ years (mostly scale ships) but moving here to North Jersey keeps me from playing with the big toys like back in Ohio so crawlers it is. As far as my rigs go: 1. My long going massive 10x10 hand built scale military truck being fitted for trail running. 2. Traxxas TRX-4 with a laundry list of things i want to do to it. 3. The wife's Axial SCX-10 Honcho (she is getting into it with me). Its good to be on here finally and hope to meet some folks local to run with!
Vicious_Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:50 PM   #2393

New guy here from hope mi. Have a scx and wraith in build mode. Will be adding a trx4 and kyosho blizzard soon and doing my scx build log soon.
Crawk4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #2394

First time posting, recently got an Axial RR10 Bomber. I love the rig but the shocks are already leaking, the shock oil did not feel right from the beginning. Just wondering what weight oil people use with the stock shocks. Only mod i have on is the VP rear sway bar. Any advice appreciated
Nathan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #2395

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Hey guys, another noob here. The name's Steve, but everyone calls me Scooba and I'm from Kent, OH

I've had a number of Radio Shack level RC's when I was younger, but this is my first at this level

The nice man in the big brown truck dropped off my latest obsession... er... hobby, and it's a blast.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk
ScoobaSteve451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:24 PM   #2396
Quarry Creeper

Hi everyone. I'm Carmine, and currently stuck in Tucson, AZ, until we can move to some place better (Northeast). Just a preference...
I've been in the Hobby since 1985, mostly Tamiya. Only just got back in recently, after discovering Scalers!! Being a Model Railroader my whole life, that REALLY appealed to me.
I'm currently modding a HG P402 to such a degree, it's nearly unrecognizable!! I'm a partially disabled Veteran, and it's all I can afford.
Total investment - $205.00, Including Radio!

It could squeak by as a Class 1, because it's got full interior with full length driver, console and Dash with backlit gauges... Bumpers and almost fully tucked in tires, due to using a 9 3/4" wide body - a Vaterra F100 ON-ROAD body.

..... But it's Class 2. It's not nearly as Scale as I would want, and the body came pre-drilled for body posts, which I hate!! :X

Last edited by PoorManRC; 08-12-2017 at 11:27 PM.
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #2397

Howdy folks. I've been re-involved with RC for a while now after getting a used Stampede 4 or 5 years ago, and quickly following up with an ECX Circuit for my son. Since then I've piled on the vehicles for myself, my son, my daughter, and even my dad. I've been wanting a crawler for the last few years, and finally just ordered a Bomber kit last week. I'm excited to get it on the trails, as well as to build a budget-oriented companion vehicle for my son. I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions soon!
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #2398

What people's I'm Fred just picked up a scx10ii it's the shit!!!! This is my first crawler I got bout 6 other rc's but this crawling is a new ball game and I'm loving it

Last edited by 1Badd7; 08-17-2017 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Trying to add photo
1Badd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #2399

Greetings all!

Newbie here. Very newbie. :P

Thought I had best post here given the rules of the forum before I start to haunt the rest of the forum. ;)

I've come here really looking to learn as much as I can about RC Crawling. I have no experience at all with regards to them. My first taste has been through my two boys (ages 3 and 4) being fascinated while watching RCAdventures on Youtube.

Having a busted knee I'm limited in what I can do with my boys and thought something like this would be an awesome way to spend quality time with them engaged in something that engages me at the same time.

Crawling out of all is the type of RCing I want to do. I want to be able to take the boys out and bush bash somewhere here on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland with out RCs and hopefully build a little backyard course for us to develop our skills. Not sure if I will compete down the road. (Dont really know if there is anything along those lines here in Queensland anyway.)

Anyway, great resource here. Keep an eye out for me lurking your lair.

Defib
Defib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #2400

Sup all! Member for a while but was in the rc world a short time with the birth of my son,had to put it on hold now I'm back and picked up a trx4, looking to get another!
capone93 is offline   Reply With Quote