Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2017, 06:46 AM   #2461

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Hey Gray, welcome back! Most the folks here are happy to help so just post up in the question-related forum and you should get an answer pretty quick. The green deadbolt (Scx10 OriGinal) is a good choice, but if you have the cash I'd go with a 2nd generation Scx10 ii for its upgraded design (axles, steering, CMS, battery location, metal links, etc). Another good option is the Redcat Gen7 Sport if you are short on cash; it's really popular right now.

Thanks Stomper! I'm leaning towards the ii now, I saw a post on facebook yesterday with a picture from a catalog with some new ii's coming out..including a ii version of the deadbolt. I'm actually leaning towards picking up a chassis off ebay or classifieds (once I unlock those) and build my own from there since I like a challenge and love to build cars.

Thanks again!

Last edited by DarthBacon101; 11-30-2017 at 07:15 AM.
DarthBacon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2017, 06:50 AM   #2462
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBacon101 View Post
Thanks Stomper! I'm leaning towards the ii now, I saw a post on facebook yesterday with a picture from a catalog with some new ii's coming out..including a ii version of the deadbolt. I'm actually leaning towards picking up a chassis off ebay or classifieds (once I unlock those) and build my own from there since I like a challenge and love to build stuff the cars.

Thanks again!
Sure man! There's also a kit version that includes some upgrades if you're interested. Here's my shopping list:

Update: If you are getting a kit, you'll also need a radio, servo and ESC:

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 11-30-2017 at 08:57 PM.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #2463

Hello,

I have been searching for a solution to a problem I've been having with my RC. I have an Axial Yeti RTR. I'm having an issue with the braking and reverse, it does reverse but very slowly and when any load is applied it wont reverse at all (Example: on an incline or on a bed of rocks). I have a castle creations programming card and have set the braking power to 100% and the reverse to 100% applied several times, but nothing seems to give me more reverse or braking power. I have set a drag brake setting for 20% for now so that i can slow the thing down, but I would like some help as to what I can try or do to fix this issue? Is this a bad ESC or is the motor bad? I'm kind of new to building and upgrading but I am a fast learner, so maybe there's something simple that I need to do that someone with more experience might know. That's why I joined.

Much appreciated!
NitroChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #2464
I wanna be Dave

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Start with recalibrating your Tx to the ESC. That esc has three brake settings. Rev normal pauses then gives reverse . Crawler reverse is immediately. No reverse is the third option .

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #2465

I have already done that and like I said I do have reverse. It is just very slow and when rough terrain is introduced or a hill it stops working completely. on pavement it very slowly stops, pauses and goes into reverse. But, compared to my traxxas stampede it is extremely slow in reverse and then cant back up over a rock or hill.

Thanks,
NitroChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #2466
I wanna be Dave

Look at your ESC’s leds.
Should tell you what it’s doing. Is your neutral yellow?
Depending on your TX, check end points and throttle expo if applicable

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #2467

Inaugural post since I'm an official FNG. Got my feet wet with RC cars a long time ago Traxxas Stampedes - electric and nitro and RC10T. After blasting around the back yard and some desert trails, I realized I liked full-sized 4-wheeling better in my Samurai, FJ40, and Jeeps. Now I find myself enthralled with 1/10 scale 6x6 RC Crawlers and am ready to get back into the RC hobby. But first I have lots to learn to get the look and performance I have in mind without too many iterations and leftover/broken parts.

Cheers,
Rock Dodger
Rock Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #2468

Noob here. I'm from Tennessee. I have never had a crawler, but have decided to buy a Redcat Gen7 and build it as I learn. I have already learned a lot from observing afar, but am going to try to get more involved
brokemudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #2469

Hello my name is wade and I am most definitely a newbie to the rc world. I have purchased a used but nice trail finder 2 and I'm just curious and have some different questions for some members who have the same rig or knowledge of it. I'm located in sevierville tn and would really like to know if there are any local crawler groups I could hook up with and learn the ways
Critter1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #2470
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dodger View Post
Inaugural post since I'm an official FNG. Got my feet wet with RC cars a long time ago Traxxas Stampedes - electric and nitro and RC10T. After blasting around the back yard and some desert trails, I realized I liked full-sized 4-wheeling better in my Samurai, FJ40, and Jeeps. Now I find myself enthralled with 1/10 scale 6x6 RC Crawlers and am ready to get back into the RC hobby. But first I have lots to learn to get the look and performance I have in mind without too many iterations and leftover/broken parts.

Cheers,
Rock Dodger
Hey RD, welcome back to the RC party! There's lots to learn from here. Here's some general info:

"New to crawling; what to buy?" Guide

... and some 6x6 specific info:

https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=6...Arccrawler.com
Old 12-14-2017, 09:17 PM   #2471
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokemudder View Post
Noob here. I'm from Tennessee. I have never had a crawler, but have decided to buy a Redcat Gen7 and build it as I learn. I have already learned a lot from observing afar, but am going to try to get more involved
Welcome Mudder! I think you'll like it here. The Gen7 is a good start. Will you get the Sport or Pro? Here's some generally-helpful information:

... and some Gen7 specific info:

https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=G...Arccrawler.com
Old 12-14-2017, 09:21 PM   #2472
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter1911 View Post
Hello my name is wade and I am most definitely a newbie to the rc world. I have purchased a used but nice trail finder 2 and I'm just curious and have some different questions for some members who have the same rig or knowledge of it. I'm located in sevierville tn and would really like to know if there are any local crawler groups I could hook up with and learn the ways
Hi Wade, thanks for choosing RCC! Peeps here are generally helpful. Here's some generic info to get you started:

... and some TF2 specific info:

https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=t...Arccrawler.com

Tennessee crawling groups may be found here:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tennessee/
Old 12-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #2473

Hi all, a noob from the UK here.
Been away from RC for decades, it has transformed in that time, and I've become fascinated by one rig, the Axial Yeti XL, and it has to be the kit - I don't do RTR - I want to know how it all goes together and to have handled every part myself in that process, then I know how to fix it too when I bust something.

I've been reading and researching and watching dozens of videos, and all the time everyone is referencing RCcrawler, so this is obviously the place to find all the answers, plus a ton of info I likely don't even know I need, until someone tells me (or I do a dumb thing).

Cheers all!
CrowBeard
CrowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:20 PM   #2474
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowBeard View Post
Been away from RC for decades, it has transformed in that time, and I've become fascinated by one rig, the Axial Yeti XL, and it has to be the kit - I don't do RTR - I want to know how it all goes together and to have handled every part myself in that process, then I know how to fix it too when I bust something.

I've been reading and researching and watching dozens of videos, and all the time everyone is referencing RCcrawler, so this is obviously the place to find all the answers, plus a ton of info I likely don't even know I need, until someone tells me (or I do a dumb thing).

Cheers all!
CrowBeard
Welcome CrowBeard! Glad you found us. Here's a helpful thread or two:

List of uk crawlers.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti-xl/

We look forward to watching your Yeti XL build thread! ;)
Old 12-16-2017, 01:54 AM   #2475
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowBeard View Post

Cheers all!
CrowBeard
Welcome, whereabouts in the UK are you from?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #2476

Hi all. Just got back into rc after 20 years. building a rock crawler from ground up. now just need to find some places close by to crawl.
hd56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #2477
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd56 View Post
Hi all. Just got back into rc after 20 years. building a rock crawler from ground up. now just need to find some places close by to crawl.
Welcome back, HD. Try this: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/texas/
Old 12-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #2478
RCC Addict

Noob question and I don't wanna clog the board with this, but...

What section would be appropriate to start a thread documenting the build/ modifications of my Exceed RCStone 1:16?

I realize that this little crawler isn't a hot topic on here but regardless, I'd like to start a thread that may help to assist my build as well as help others with theirs... knowing that we all have different ideas, expectations, and directions with our own individual projects.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:41 AM   #2479
RCC Addict

It's a non-scale crawler so if it were me I'd put it here:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/
Old 12-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #2480

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Noob question and I don't wanna clog the board with this, but...

What section would be appropriate to start a thread documenting the build/ modifications of my Exceed RCStone 1:16?

I realize that this little crawler isn't a hot topic on here but regardless, I'd like to start a thread that may help to assist my build as well as help others with theirs... knowing that we all have different ideas, expectations, and directions with our own individual projects.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.
You could put it in the Losi MRC section since the Exceed is one of the several clones to the MRC. The MRC section is where I put my first posting of my pair of Everest 16s.

Now I see the board changed the name of the Redcat section to include all Redcat crawlers so I might put future postings of my 16s in there. Your Maxstone 16 could work in the Redcat section as well since it is exactly the same as the Everest 16 less the lexan.
RGunn is offline   Reply With Quote