Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 10:44 PM   #2521
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG6919 View Post
Yes....another Newbie here, sort of. I had a Losi Comp Crawler 8-9yrs ago , but never really did much with it because life things happened, so I put it up only to be forgotten about for several years. I order a new Axial Wraith yesterday and was digging through some old RC stuff out in my garage to so what I still have or didn't have, and low and behold, there was the Comp Crawler in the bottom of a plastic tote..lol. Now it looks like I'll have two crawlers to play with and build up. So much has changed in my time off, and I have forgotten so much that I'm going to have to lean on some of you more experienced guys and gals for advice and answers. Anyways, thanks for having me aboard!
Welcome back! If you need more steering angle, lookup CodyBoy as he makes some sweet axle mods for the popular rigs: Codyboy Designs "How'd you do that"?
JWG6919 likes this.
StomperCrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2018, 01:13 AM   #2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
It's easy to justify the cost to ourselves though isn't it!
Post up some pics of that SCX

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
A few pics, put in the SCX10ii forum tonight

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
CHIEFWIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:07 AM   #2523
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFWIG View Post
A few pics, put in the SCX10ii forum tonight

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Good work, she looks great

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #2524

Hey there, just bought a Barrage 1/24 , and I am waiting until they get stock again :( Meanwhile I spend time reading through different threads learning usefull stuff.
Greetings from Barcelona!
FCBarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #2525

Howdy!! I'm a newbie to the r/c crawler world. I live in Buda, Tx...just south of Austin. I was really into the r/c hobby back in the late 80's and 90's when you had to build just about everything. That was part of the fun. I had a Tamiya Bruiser amongst a whole host of other Tamiya cars. Last car I had was the HPI RS4 MT Baja Bug. I still have it and am now updating with all new electronics and motor.

Now that kids are getting older, they are getting into the r/c hobby too....so dad needed a new toy.

I just bought one of the new Axial Trail Honcho's. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it looks like it is a pretty capable rig out of the box.

Curious what I should be looking to upgrade first. Right now, the first items I'm considering are the Pro-Line F250 body and possible swapping tires out with SuperSwampers.
Acrozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #2526

New guy from Maine. Joined the forum a while ago thinking I would get into RC cars and it never happened. I decided to pick up a used one this weekend I'll be getting a Gmade Sawback and hoping this forum will provide me good information on upgrades and modifications. I know absolutely zero about this Hobby!
3Gunnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:54 PM   #2527
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrozier View Post
Howdy!! I'm a newbie to the r/c crawler world. I live in Buda, Tx...just south of Austin. I was really into the r/c hobby back in the late 80's and 90's when you had to build just about everything. That was part of the fun. I had a Tamiya Bruiser amongst a whole host of other Tamiya cars. Last car I had was the HPI RS4 MT Baja Bug. I still have it and am now updating with all new electronics and motor.

Now that kids are getting older, they are getting into the r/c hobby too....so dad needed a new toy.

I just bought one of the new Axial Trail Honcho's. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it looks like it is a pretty capable rig out of the box.

Curious what I should be looking to upgrade first. Right now, the first items I'm considering are the Pro-Line F250 body and possible swapping tires out with SuperSwampers.
Welcome Acro! I used to have an rc10, then stadium truck, Slash, Micro-T; now kids and I run ax10, Scx10 OG, and Scx10 ii. Before gluing the tires, I recommend buying some cheap beadlocks to run them on instead; eBay has them for as little as $10 shipped, or $20 with fake Super Swampers already mounted. Here's a thread on other things you might do, like raising the front bumper:

Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Old 01-11-2018, 10:57 PM   #2528
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gunnah View Post
New guy from Maine. Joined the forum a while ago thinking I would get into RC cars and it never happened. I decided to pick up a used one this weekend I'll be getting a Gmade Sawback and hoping this forum will provide me good information on upgrades and modifications. I know absolutely zero about this Hobby!
Hi Gunnah! We've got plenty of info here for you. Do look around and let us know if we can help you find something. Does your Sawback come with everything to run it: ESC, motor, steering servo, radio system, battery, charger?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #2529
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBarcelona View Post
Hey there, just bought a Barrage 1/24 , and I am waiting until they get stock again :( Meanwhile I spend time reading through different threads learning usefull stuff.
Greetings from Barcelona!
Welcome FC! You can find some good threads on the Barrage here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/
Old 01-12-2018, 03:49 PM   #2530

Hi guys, I'm Pat. I'm in Pittsburgh, I have a Traxxas Stampede that I've neglected for a while, an Axial SCX10 Deadbolt that I bought last spring and am just now starting to mod after driving it stock for a while, and I just bought a 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD kit - I know it's not a crawler, but since I drift 1:1 and am enjoying the SCX10, I figured I'd try RC drifting as well.
RCCrawler has come up with good information on many of my google-searches for tips/ideas/etc with the SCX10, so it's about time I join and say Hi!
Pat84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #2531

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Hi Gunnah! We've got plenty of info here for you. Do look around and let us know if we can help you find something. Does your Sawback come with everything to run it: ESC, motor, steering servo, radio system, battery, charger?
Yes it is a ready to run set up with two extra sets of tires A battery, controller and battery charger. Unfortunately some of the original parts been removed including the body and I am hoping that once I have access to the classifieds I can find an original body and bumpers and other parts to put it back to more Factory looking.
3Gunnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:30 AM   #2532
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gunnah View Post
Yes it is a ready to run set up with two extra sets of tires A battery, controller and battery charger. Unfortunately some of the original parts been removed including the body and I am hoping that once I have access to the classifieds I can find an original body and bumpers and other parts to put it back to more Factory looking.
If you want a clear body, here's an idea:
https://m.banggood.com/PVC-Climbing-...l?rmmds=search

If you want ultra scale, maybe for with a New Bright hard body from eBay or your local Goodwill or yard sale?
Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #2533
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat84 View Post
Hi guys, I'm Pat. I'm in Pittsburgh, I have a Traxxas Stampede that I've neglected for a while, an Axial SCX10 Deadbolt that I bought last spring and am just now starting to mod after driving it stock for a while, and I just bought a 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD kit - I know it's not a crawler, but since I drift 1:1 and am enjoying the SCX10, I figured I'd try RC drifting as well.
RCCrawler has come up with good information on many of my google-searches for tips/ideas/etc with the SCX10, so it's about time I join and say Hi!
Welcome Pat! My son's got an Scx10 OG as well and loves it. He stole my Scx10 ii Cherokee body as part of his birthday package (I offered). It's fine though; I prefer my Honcho body.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #2534

Hi, I am Gonzalo from Spain. I am new to the forum but not to the hobby. I have been designing, constructing and piloting RC cars, planes and helicopters. I designed my first RC car when I was 13 years old and that was 35 years ago...

I lately come interested on Rock-Crawlers, mainly on the superclass, because I think it is the more technically advanced.

Already started a design/building thread here: Crazy axles idea design

My mother tong is not English, so please forgive me if you find errors on my posts, hope they are understandable.
gonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #2535

One question for administrators/moderators, I tried to post a reply at this thread that I started Crazy axles idea design but my new reply does not apear.
Did I missed something?
gonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:05 PM   #2536

New member from VA here. Used to be into the RC world back in the 90s as a teenager. Got out of it in the late 90s and into the full size crawlers and rock racing until I messed up my back and had kids. Now the kids are old enough to play with the rc crawlers and my full size buggy is sitting parked by the barn.

Started out with a couple cheap 1/18th scale crawlers as Christmas presents for the kids. They broke both in a week. Upgraded them both to the Everest 10 crawlers and then picked up a wraith for the wife and a yeti for myself. I had forgotten how fun this stuff can be. As a bonus when i break the 1/10 scale ride it doesn't cost 1k to fix it every time like the full size ones do.
VA4WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:29 PM   #2537
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonper View Post
Hi, I am Gonzalo from Spain. I am new to the forum but not to the hobby. I have been designing, constructing and piloting RC cars, planes and helicopters. I designed my first RC car when I was 13 years old and that was 35 years ago...

I lately come interested on Rock-Crawlers, mainly on the superclass, because I think it is the more technically advanced.

Already started a design/building thread here: Crazy axles idea design

My mother tong is not English, so please forgive me if you find errors on my posts, hope they are understandable.

One question for administrators/moderators, I tried to post a reply at this thread that I started http://www.rccrawler.com/forum...6-c...ea-design.html but my new reply does not apear.

Did I missed something?
Welcome Gonper! Glad you could join us. For many of us English is a second language; no worries. For some of us (@ferp420) it is our mother tongue but we still struggle with spelling mistakes, punctuation, and capitalization.

Give the moderators some time and I'm sure they'll approve your post (right @EeePee?).
gonper likes this.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #2538
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA4WD View Post
New member from VA here. Used to be into the RC world back in the 90s as a teenager. Got out of it in the late 90s and into the full size crawlers and rock racing until I messed up my back and had kids. Now the kids are old enough to play with the rc crawlers and my full size buggy is sitting parked by the barn.

Started out with a couple cheap 1/18th scale crawlers as Christmas presents for the kids. They broke both in a week. Upgraded them both to the Everest 10 crawlers and then picked up a wraith for the wife and a yeti for myself. I had forgotten how fun this stuff can be. As a bonus when i break the 1/10 scale ride it doesn't cost 1k to fix it every time like the full size ones do.
Welcome to the party, VA4WD! Sorry to hear about your back. :( Is it better now? I too have kids with crawlers, but I haven't been able to get the wife interested like you; kudos.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #2539

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Welcome to the party, VA4WD! Sorry to hear about your back. :( Is it better now? I too have kids with crawlers, but I haven't been able to get the wife interested like you; kudos.
Back is better than it was. I think she is into just to get the family time.
VA4WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #2540

Hi all my name is Tod Iíve been into rc truggies for a long time . My first real rc was a brand new losi xxt and I pimpped the heck out of her all the best stuff as there was a hobby shop with an indoor track close to my home town. Well said shop went belly up so I decided to sell my truck. Years past and I had purchased a few diff trucks ,cars and buggys but none made me happy as the xxt I mean the thing drove like a dream, and of course I spent a lot of money on her. Well recently I had been helping a friend work on his house here and there . Unexpectedly he got me a vintage losi xxt I was ecstatic as the thoughts of my youth were starting to rekindle but low and behold the ďwinter ď thing had to happen. So Iíve been messing with it a bunch , my friend says ď we should get crawlers for in the winter time.Ē I thought to myself that it seemed a little stupid and tacky. So one day we were supposed to work on his house instead he detours and takes us to a local hobby shop and says ď what crawler are you getting?Ē I really didnít have the money for that right then and there so I said I was just going to browse for stuff for my xxt he just got me., well we split up while we were lookin at all the neat stuff and he went and got me a losi night crawler 2.0 and took it to the car when I couldnít see him. So bla bla bla I fell in total love with the rig itís great it does exactly what it says it is ď it crawlsĒ . But me being me I canít leave well enough alone , but I am saddened by the lack of parts upgrade / replacement alike so if anyone can help an old guy out in this sport Iíll take any tips advice and parts you want to throw at me. As of right now I have about 500 pieces of a LNC on my bench awaiting a few items I could find.
Thanx for now ,
Tod Robinson
Ps
Iím not a mooch Iíll pay for any items Iím just saying I canít find s#|t on the net for the LNC OR LCC
Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote