Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 03:15 AM   #2601

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hey guys,
I am getting back into the r/c hobby, and have bought a Losi Baja Rey. It should be here tomorrow, and I am already planning on upgrades. I decided to dive right into the world of 3S which might be a mistake, but it will be a fun mistake. I already want to get an engine fan and a new servo with a new horn.
I am a disabled vet and served for 10 years in the Coast Guard. R/c is going to be part of my rehab, and as a bonus, it is a way to spend more time with my son who has a Traxxas Slash 2x4. We have a track down the road, and tons of dirt/gravel to play on.
I wish we had races around here, and we might try to get something going I look forward to chatting with you and getting new ideas on maintaining and improving our trucks.
ToyoBob
ToyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2018, 03:03 PM   #2602

hey everyone!

my names jeremy, good to meet you all. i live in north alabama, in the huntsville area. i currently don't have a rig lol. but i've been looking and doing alot of research. really excited to get into the hobby. bought a house out in the country and can't wait to try out the terrain. can't wait to meet some of you local guys and learn all i can about the hobby.
bama_southern89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:05 PM   #2603
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoBob View Post
Hey guys,
I am getting back into the r/c hobby, and have bought a Losi Baja Rey. It should be here tomorrow, and I am already planning on upgrades. I decided to dive right into the world of 3S which might be a mistake, but it will be a fun mistake. I already want to get an engine fan and a new servo with a new horn.
I am a disabled vet and served for 10 years in the Coast Guard. R/c is going to be part of my rehab, and as a bonus, it is a way to spend more time with my son who has a Traxxas Slash 2x4. We have a track down the road, and tons of dirt/gravel to play on.
I wish we had races around here, and we might try to get something going I look forward to chatting with you and getting new ideas on maintaining and improving our trucks.
ToyoBob
Welcome ToyoBob! 3s is never a mistake if you gear down a bit. I'm sure you and your son will have a lot of fun with those RC's. Let us know if you have any questions, and if the search button doesn't work then type into a Google search "site:rccrawler.com/forum/losi-rock-rey/", then a space, then whatever you're looking for.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #2604
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_southern89 View Post
hey everyone!

my names jeremy, good to meet you all. i live in north alabama, in the huntsville area. i currently don't have a rig lol. but i've been looking and doing alot of research. really excited to get into the hobby. bought a house out in the country and can't wait to try out the terrain. can't wait to meet some of you local guys and learn all i can about the hobby.
Welcome to the addiction, Jeremy! What kind of rig are you looking for? What's your budget?

There are lots of 1/10 crawler options out there ATM with more arriving each month: Hobao "DC-1" whenever they're released, Redcat Gen7 Pro, Vaterra "Ascender" v1.0, ECX Barrage, MST CFX, Carisma SCA-1E, Axial Scx10 ii, HPI "Venture", Traxxas TRX-4, Cross RC DemonSG4C, Gmade, and Rc4wd TF2, Gelande, or the new Terrain!

Choosing the right one depends on your priorities really: your local club's class (1.9, 2.2, C1, C2, C3) popularity if you plan on competing, parts availability (local and online, in-country and out), scale-ness, design, durability, performance, looks, etc.

Our family has an Axial Ax10 mutt, Scx10 OG Honcho, and Scx10 ii Cherokee. The Ascender v2.0 (whenever it comes out) and 3Racing "Ex Real" are both on my short list.

BTW, if the search button doesn't work then type into a Google search "site:rccrawler.com/forum/losi-rock-rey/", then a space, then whatever you're looking for.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:46 AM   #2605

Hey guys. I'm luke. From new Brunswick, Canada. I just bought a gen 7 pro, been wanting a crawler but new to it
Luke.jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:16 AM   #2606

Hello all. New here and just purchased my first rig. I have the vattera ascender k5 out of the box. Primarily here to learn the craft and want to get involved with any groups in the western pa area.
Eicher7507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #2607
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke.jeffrey View Post
Hey guys. I'm luke. From new Brunswick, Canada. I just bought a gen 7 pro, been wanting a crawler but new to it
Hey Luke, welcome to the party! The Gen7 is a good rig to start out on. You can find more info on how to make it even better here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/
... and maybe find some friends to crawl with here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/canada/
Old 03-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #2608
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eicher7507 View Post
Hello all. New here and just purchased my first rig. I have the vattera ascender k5 out of the box. Primarily here to learn the craft and want to get involved with any groups in the western pa area.
Hey Eicher, glad to have you here. I love the Ascender; excellent choice! There's a lot of support for the Ascender here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/
... and this may help you find some fellow Ascenders:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pennsylvania/
Old 03-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #2609

New here live in Missouri I have tf2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watersty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #2610
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watersty88 View Post
New here live in Missouri I have tf2

Hey Waters, do you live in Missouri or Alaska? Your profile says the latter but post says the former?
Old 03-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Hey Waters, do you live in Missouri or Alaska? Your profile says the latter but post says the former?

Live in Missouri

Watersty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:58 AM   #2612
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watersty88 View Post
Live in Missouri

We look forward to seeing your TF2 posted up somewhere in here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-trail-finder-2/
How long have you had the rig? Have you been into rc long?

Hopefully you'll be able to find some fellow crawlers in this section:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/missouri/
Old 03-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #2613

Hey I am trying to make my exceed mad torque 1/8 scale crawler smaller and I would like to run 2.2s, but I have a 17mm hex is there any wheels out there that are a 2.2 and 17mm cheap, besides those old yellow buggy wheels?
MADDOG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #2614
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG01 View Post
Hey I am trying to make my exceed mad torque 1/8 scale crawler smaller and I would like to run 2.2s, but I have a 17mm hex is there any wheels out there that are a 2.2 and 17mm cheap, besides those old yellow buggy wheels?
Welcome MadDog! If you have standard 5mm outputs at the outside of the drive cups, you can just buy some standard 12mm drive hexes to be able to use standard 2.2 wheels. I recommend cheap Austar beadlocks from eBay as that's what I run.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #2615

Hi All,

First RC since Santa brought me a Turbo Hopper in the 1980s. It was so much fun.

Just got an Axial SCX10 ii Wrangler a few weeks ago. Having a lot of fun customizing it to match my 1:1 and enjoying it with my daughters. They’re loving it.

I just want to give a shout out and say thank you to everyone. I’ve been asking tons of newbie questions and everyone has been extremely kind.

I’m in Pittsburgh.

Orangejeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:33 PM   #2616

Newbie to the crawling scale stuff... I have been mostly bashing and drag racing.. I recently picked up rtr scx10ii and a MAX-D SMT10..Looking forward to get into the crawler scale side of the hobby!!
TANKD72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #2617
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejeep1 View Post
Hi All,

First RC since Santa brought me a Turbo Hopper in the 1980s. It was so much fun.

Just got an Axial SCX10 ii Wrangler a few weeks ago. Having a lot of fun customizing it to match my 1:1 and enjoying it with my daughters. They’re loving it.

I just want to give a shout out and say thank you to everyone. I’ve been asking tons of newbie questions and everyone has been extremely kind.

I’m in Pittsburgh.

Hey OrangeJ, glad we could help. I loved my Turbo Hopper too; most memorable non-hobbygrade RC I ever had!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n8j19sM9BjQ
Old 03-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #2618
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANKD72 View Post
Newbie to the crawling scale stuff... I have been mostly bashing and drag racing.. I recently picked up rtr scx10ii and a MAX-D SMT10..Looking forward to get into the crawler scale side of the hobby!!
Welcome Tank! Thanks for joining us. Where'd you find the good old Axial SMT10? I'd imagine that those are hard to find!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #2619
Pebble Pounder

I remember that commercial!!!! EPIC times. Nice Stomper!!

Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #2620
Pebble Pounder

And welcome all to RCC!! You will find everything you need here in the forums, as I did, to feed the addiction.

Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote