Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 03:50 AM   #2641
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Duck View Post
Sort of a newbie; joined in '06, just waiting on a few more parts for my SCX-10 II. Forgot i had an account on here!

A lot has changed since my last RC, Novak had just come out with a brushless setup that i put in an Associated TC3. Had to do some reading to brush up on LiPo's and how many brushless options are available now.
Welcome back TD! So tell us more about the Scx10ii you're putting together. Did you find the dedicated 10.2 section of RCC? Lots of good info there. Remember to keep an eye on your lipos during charging, and always put them into storage mode if you're not going to use them for more than a day or two. ;)
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2018, 03:53 AM   #2642
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddy107 View Post
I know nothing about the other brands. Just figured sticking with the same general truck and parts would be a good way to go? Axial are a decent product hey? I’m up for opinions
Hey Eddy, welcome to the addiction! The Axial SCX10 ii is a great kit; highly recommended! Here's some more info you're likely to find useful: A few noob questions before buying
Old 04-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #2643
Pebble Pounder

Stomper, i made a post but needs moderator approval due to my post count.

Here are a few pictures... waiting on some XT60 connectors so i have not run it yet. I bought some Deans but remembered how much i hated disconnecting them. Will clean up the wiring once i get the connectors soldered on the ESC.

Techno Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #2644
RCC Addict

Quote:
Stomper, i made a post but needs moderator approval due to my post count.

Here are a few pictures... waiting on some XT60 connectors so i have not run it yet. I bought some Deans but remembered how much i hated disconnecting them. Will clean up the wiring once i get the connectors soldered on the ESC.

Lookin' good! Are you going to run an interior? Lights? Winch? Accessories on the roof rack? Spare tire? Which wheels are those?
Old 04-10-2018, 10:56 PM   #2645
Pebble Pounder

I only plan to add some LED's for the headlights / tail lights. Likely a LED bar on the roof rack also.

The wheels are made by INJORA, purchased off Amazon. Made in China but were a nice part, the price was right also ($40 for a full set). Bead locks went together perfect.

Just curious, is it worth running the receiver antenna wire outside of the receiver box? I guess the huge antenna isn't necessary with the 2.4ghz radios.
Techno Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:07 AM   #2646
RCC Addict

Quote:
I only plan to add some LED's for the headlights / tail lights. Likely a LED bar on the roof rack also.

The wheels are made by INJORA, purchased off Amazon. Made in China but were a nice part, the price was right also ($40 for a full set). Bead locks went together perfect.

Just curious, is it worth running the receiver antenna wire outside of the receiver box? I guess the huge antenna isn't necessary with the 2.4ghz radios.
Cool...

I run my antennas outside the box to avoid interference but you could try internal and let us know how it goes.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #2647

Default Post #1 and my short intro to rccrawler forum

Whats up fellars and ladies. New to the forum as well as the rc scene. Got involved after seeing my 4yr old watchin video on youtube kids. Love the crawlin scene and all the good times and memories it makes. Had my hand in a few full size crawlers. So thought that the scaled down crawlin is more in myprice range. Boy was i wrong. This addiction still cost ya late nights and emptyy savings accts. But stiil worth it. Bought my son an e10. Shortly after i found out he wasnt gonna turn loose of the controller, i bought a 10II kit that another fellar lost intrest in building. After lots of used parts and a few new, we have a couple crawlers fir the local crawls here in KY. Glad to be a part of the rccrawler crew. God Bless ya’ll.

Last edited by Lurch12pumper; 04-13-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Lurch12pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #2648
RCC Addict

Default Re: Post #1 and my short intro to rccrawler forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch12pumper View Post
Whats up fellars and ladies. New to the forum as well as the rc scene. Got involved after seeing my 4yr old watchin video on youtube kids. Love the crawlin scene and all the good times and memories it makes. Had my hand in a few full size crawlers. So thought that the scaled down crawlin is more in myprice range. Boy was i wrong. This addiction still cost ya late nights and emptyy savings accts. But stiil worth it. Bought my son an e10. Shortly after i found out he wasnt gonna turn loose of the controller, i bought a 10II kit that another fellar lost intrest in building. After lots of used parts and a few new, we have a couple crawlers fir the local crawls here in KY. Glad to be a part of the rccrawler crew. God Bless ya’ll.
Welcome Lurch. Sounds like you're figuring it out pretty good. Let us know if you have any questions.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:52 AM   #2649

Hi all. Fairly new to the crawler world of RC. Been out of the RC world for about 15 years and happened upon some You Tube trail truck videos last fall and fell in love with the concept. I purchased my first rig last fall (SCX10 II 2017 JK CRC RTR) and have had a blast with it ever since. I just recently purchased the 10 II kit and finished putting it together. I came across this forum and man there is a wealth of knowledge here. My question is about torque twist. Finally put power to my rig and when I apply throttle the whole rig leans to the right moving forward and to the left when in reverse. Even the smallest amount of power applied causes the body to lean. Any ideas what the problem may be? Oh and I'm running Axial AE-5 speed controller, Axial 27T brushed motor with 3S 5100mah battery. I did a search for torque twist but nothing really came up with this particular issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Allmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:58 AM   #2650

Default Re: Post #1 and my short intro to rccrawler forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Welcome Lurch. Sounds like you're figuring it out pretty good. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank ol scout. Takes money to play. And drink.

Last edited by Lurch12pumper; 04-13-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Lurch12pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #2651

Newbie from Georgia here, i come from real crawling, rock racing and sxs’s but am new to the RC world. have a Redcat Everest that i’ve had about a year, kinda got bored with it and forgot it for a while but now i’ve got a new challenging place to crawl at and i’m having a blast, ready to make a few mods. Really impressed how capable and tough these E10’s are out of the box.
Neal3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #2652
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal3000 View Post
Newbie from Georgia here, i come from real crawling, rock racing and sxs’s but am new to the RC world. have a Redcat Everest that i’ve had about a year, kinda got bored with it and forgot it for a while but now i’ve got a new challenging place to crawl at and i’m having a blast, ready to make a few mods. Really impressed how capable and tough these E10’s are out of the box.
Hey Neal, glad you found us. There's some good reading on the Redcat Crawlers here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/
... and you may be able to find some peeps to crawl with here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/georgia/
Old 04-13-2018, 01:18 AM   #2653

Hello everyone. I live in Illinois and new to the rc crawler world. I currently have an Axial Deadbolt and a SCX10 II Rubicon Unlimited. Looking for others in the area to learn more. Thanks.
Glock Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:30 AM   #2654

Hi Everyone, new to the crawling scene and really dig it. Here is my ride with a few upgrades. Mamba X w/2850kv, 12t pinion, Big Bore shocks, Gmade wheels and Pit Bull Growler Tires. This thing is fun to drive, (how old am i ), not too old to play with toy trucks, i tell myself. I am not sure about posting pics, so i hope it came through.
Rock-n-Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #2655

Hey I'm still pretty new, I've had my f100 Ascender for about 3 months. I live in Vermont, if you don't know where that is, just think of it as Up state NY or New Hampshire, that's why I tell people if I travel. I have a Promedeler 470 servo and a slightly extended frame so I could mount the servo in the same position as the K5 Blazer. Have a servo winch but waiting for a spool, temporarily using a bobbin, that doesn't hold alot of winch line. Anyone have experience or opinions on using high test fishing line for temporary winch line?
Kindofslowsped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #2656
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock Dr View Post
Hello everyone. I live in Illinois and new to the rc crawler world. I currently have an Axial Deadbolt and a SCX10 II Rubicon Unlimited. Looking for others in the area to learn more. Thanks.
Welcome Glock! Good choice on the Axials. We have those plus an old ax10 and love them. Maybe you can find some folks to crawl with in here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/illinois/
Old 04-16-2018, 09:22 PM   #2657
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-n-Crawler View Post
Hi Everyone, new to the crawling scene and really dig it. Here is my ride with a few upgrades. Mamba X w/2850kv, 12t pinion, Big Bore shocks, Gmade wheels and Pit Bull Growler Tires. This thing is fun to drive, (how old am i ), not too old to play with toy trucks, i tell myself. I am not sure about posting pics, so i hope it came through.
Hi Rock! Welcome to RCC. I can't see your pics. :( What rig do you have? Maybe try Tapatalk or imgur.com for pic hosting. Good choice on the big bores BTW.

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 04-16-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #2658
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindofslowsped View Post
Hey I'm still pretty new, I've had my f100 Ascender for about 3 months. I live in Vermont, if you don't know where that is, just think of it as Up state NY or New Hampshire, that's why I tell people if I travel. I have a Promedeler 470 servo and a slightly extended frame so I could mount the servo in the same position as the K5 Blazer. Have a servo winch but waiting for a spool, temporarily using a bobbin, that doesn't hold alot of winch line. Anyone have experience or opinions on using high test fishing line for temporary winch line?
What's up, KOSS? Glad you found us and the Ascender! Maybe check out http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vermont/ for some fellow crawlers to hang with, and the Ascender forum should keep you busy for a while: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/
As for your bobbin, is there room to attach a second bobbin to add more winch line to? You may want to trim the center connecting pieces a bit.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #2659
Rock Stacker

Information overload! I have been in and out of RC all my life and looking to get back in. My last rig was an RC10 T3. Old tech. Crystal receivers, brushed motors, and nicad batteries. Wow a lot has changed. I was originally looking at short course trucks but the scaled crawlers have really piqued my interest.

So now I'm looking and learning trying to decide what I want for a starter truck.
touch racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #2660
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch racing View Post
Information overload! I have been in and out of RC all my life and looking to get back in. My last rig was an RC10 T3. Old tech. Crystal receivers, brushed motors, and nicad batteries. Wow a lot has changed. I was originally looking at short course trucks but the scaled crawlers have really piqued my interest.

So now I'm looking and learning trying to decide what I want for a starter truck.
Welcome back, I'm not long just getting into this hobby myself. I started with a short course slash, but the scale world of the crawlers drew me in very quickly!
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote