Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #2661
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch racing View Post
Information overload! I have been in and out of RC all my life and looking to get back in. My last rig was an RC10 T3. Old tech. Crystal receivers, brushed motors, and nicad batteries. Wow a lot has changed. I was originally looking at short course trucks but the scaled crawlers have really piqued my interest.

So now I'm looking and learning trying to decide what I want for a starter truck.
Since you're already on inf-o-load, one more link probably won't make a difference; here are some thoughts/options: A few noob questions before buying
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #2662
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Since you're already on inf-o-load, one more link probably won't make a difference; here are some thoughts/options: A few noob questions before buying

Thanks for the welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
touch racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:19 PM   #2663

New to the forum
Just getting into RC, and Beijing my 6yr old some with me
Corey
Pleasant Prairie, WI
Looking for a crawler to get started

cjcanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #2664
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcanfield View Post
New to the forum
Just getting into RC, and Beijing my 6yr old some with me
Corey
Pleasant Prairie, WI
Looking for a crawler to get started

Welcome CJ! You're in Arkansas, correct? What kind of crawler are you looking for? Budget? Scale/realism factor? Competitive or just for fun?
Old 04-23-2018, 07:11 AM   #2665

Quote:
Welcome CJ! You're in Arkansas, correct? What kind of crawler are you looking for? Budget? Scale/realism factor? Competitive or just for fun?

Hi. I am actually in WI, I’ll have to look at my profile as registration was being funny yesterday.

I am looking for a 1/10 crawler and am currently checking out SCX10.2 and TRX-4 models. I think I like the scale of those two best. Probably will look to paint my own body and for upgrades pretty quick because I like to work with my hands. I am open to suggestions based on your experience as I am definitely a newb to crawling.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #2666
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hi. I am actually in WI, I’ll have to look at my profile as registration was being funny yesterday.

I am looking for a 1/10 crawler and am currently checking out SCX10.2 and TRX-4 models. I think I like the scale of those two best. Probably will look to paint my own body and for upgrades pretty quick because I like to work with my hands. I am open to suggestions based on your experience as I am definitely a newb to crawling.

Ah, Wisconsin eh? Any good crawling spots nearby? The Scx10 ii and TRX-4 are both great; here are some of my own thoughts/experiences on scale crawler options: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum...bef...ml#post5815464
Let us know if you have any more questions. ;)
Old 04-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #2667

Quote:
Ah, Wisconsin eh? Any good crawling spots nearby? The Scx10 ii and TRX-4 are both great; here are some of my own thoughts/experiences on scale crawler options: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum...bef...ml#post5815464
Let us know if you have any more questions. ;)

Thanks! Great thoughts. I am interested in the RedCat Gen7 - looks like a good starter truck for the money $199 and a couple of enhancements to do out of the gate that would be fun - steering mostly.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #2668
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks! Great thoughts. I am interested in the RedCat Gen7 - looks like a good starter truck for the money $199 and a couple of enhancements to do out of the gate that would be fun - steering mostly.

Yup, those are quite popular these days. You can find some good mods on YouTube and here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/
Maybe you can find some fellow crawlers to run with on Facebook or here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wisconsin/
Old 04-25-2018, 05:22 AM   #2669

Thanks! I appreciate it. Now I have to go break in a couple brushed motors for the two new Stampede 4x4s I picked up for my son and I. But don’t worry, Instill want a crawler too! Haha. Prices on eBay seem high for used rc vehicles across the board right now or I would have done that.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #2670

Hi, I’ve been lurking here for a while and finally registered. I live in San Diego. I took a looooong break from RC stuff and now planning on getting a crawler soon. I’m looking at the new Deadbolt released this month.
;)
CHAOTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #2671

I don't have any gear yet. However, I'm looking at getting a Gens Ace 2s 5000mAh with the Tenergy TB6-b charger. I was sold on the Honcho until the Deadbolt announcement. Now I'm comparing the ESC's and reading about the LED leads and what might work better for me.
CHAOTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:28 AM   #2672

The name is David, I have a cheap 1:18 HB-P 1801. Also a drone and rc apache, don't use the drone or apache much but will soon. Just for kicks want this 1801 to be my first modded rock crawler, since it was so cheep.
:Plans; upgrade servo, front and rear motor, esc, transmitter and receiver, spare tire, linkage, lighting, water proofing, exterior, sound maybe. I live in Hawaii Wich is the reason why I'm picking up alot of hobbies now. I'll ask my question about what to get and stuff like that once I go through the fourm

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Wolfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #2673
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfh3 View Post
The name is David, I have a cheap 1:18 HB-P 1801. Also a drone and rc apache, don't use the drone or apache much but will soon. Just for kicks want this 1801 to be my first modded rock crawler, since it was so cheep.
:Plans; upgrade servo, front and rear motor, esc, transmitter and receiver, spare tire, linkage, lighting, water proofing, exterior, sound maybe. I live in Hawaii Wich is the reason why I'm picking up alot of hobbies now. I'll ask my question about what to get and stuff like that once I go through the fourm

Welcome David! Did you just move to Hawaii for work? What island are you on? Nice pic. I've not seen that rig before. Can you order parts when something like an axle breaks? That's always my first question when buying a hobby-grade RC. ;)
Old 05-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #2674

Quote:
Welcome David! Did you just move to Hawaii for work? What island are you on? Nice pic. I've not seen that rig before. Can you order parts when something like an axle breaks? That's always my first question when buying a hobby-grade RC. ;)
Moved to Oahu , and for work but here to stay. I can't order parts for it from what I understand, but that's what I get for a $30 rc. But if I find out you can then I probably would start stocking up

Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 PM   #2675
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfh3 View Post
Moved to Oahu , and for work but here to stay. I can't order parts for it from what I understand, but that's what I get for a $30 rc. But if I find out you can then I probably would start stocking up

I did some research and apparently you can order parts: https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...hb+p1801+parts
However, if you find that stuff breaks a lot, it may be cheaper in the long run to go with a higher-end rig if your budget allows. ;)
Old 05-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #2676

Quote:
I did some research and apparently you can order parts: https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...hb+p1801+parts
However, if you find that stuff breaks a lot, it may be cheaper in the long run to go with a higher-end rig if your budget allows. ;)
Thanks. I figured what I'll do as of right not is order another same size rc with a better motor and body and Frankenstein them together. Then start the other upgrades after mainly replace the remote control. The budget will allow a better rig but this will be the first to car I have had in a while, and the first I will be modifing so I wanted to go cheap.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:17 PM   #2677

Hi All,

My name is Kevin and i'am from Minnesota. I have been having fun crawling with my k10 Chevy.
kevintau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:27 PM   #2678
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintau View Post
Hi All,

My name is Kevin and i'am from Minnesota. I have been having fun crawling with my k10 Chevy.
Welcome Kevin! How do you like your Ascender? How long have you had it? What kind of terrain do you run it on? Any upgrades? Have you found the Ascender and Minnesota sections here?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/minnesota/
Old 05-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #2679

Hi everyone. My name is Jerry and I live in Saskatoon, Sask, Canada. I recently purchased a Traxxas TRX-4 Defender in grey. Looking forward to crawling and personalizing my rig. Many, many years ago I built a Tamiya Toyota truck so not new to RC.
J3RRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #2680

Hi!

I'm David . I'm from OHIO. I have never had a crawler, but have decided to buy a Redcat Gen7 and build it as I learn. I have already learned a lot from observing afar, but am going to try to get more involved

The cb radio antenna is the only true if have cb radios

Last edited by davidradio; 06-08-2018 at 10:19 PM.
davidradio is offline   Reply With Quote