Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 08:06 AM   #2701

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi, everyone! Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online RC crawler community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers!
Vinnymuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #2702

Ahh, also newbie here. Brian living in Grass Valley, Ca. Wife, and I have two Axial Deadbolts that we got for Xmas. First time for RC's. I have built a rock trail we call the Gulch, it takes about 20 minutes to complete with ups, downs, bridges, and rocks to conquer . Fun Stuff. Cheers.
Rocky Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:04 PM   #2703

Ah heyya everybody! Longtime lurker here tho a complete newbie to posting!

I'm @Zuma_RC on Instagram and have been driving crawlers for the last two years, slowly I'm building a hill-climb in the backyard.

Initially hooked on a Axial SCX10 ii I quickly moved over to the Axial Wraith spawn, loving the big tyres and ground clearance.

I reside in Southern Arizona! Where there's Rocks, rocks and more rocks.

Zumamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #2704

I am from Langley BC up here in Canada. I have had my Yeti for a couple of years now. I have lurked the forums here but just finally registered.
Grumpy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:42 AM   #2705

Welcome to the forum, everyone!
Vinnymuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:41 PM   #2706

Hello all! Im not new to RC but ive been out of it for a bit. I started 100 years ago with a Tamiya Blackfoot and then an RC-10. Fast forward many years and Im back! I got a Team Durango DESC10 off a buddy that was modified and is nearly UNCONTROLLABLY fast. Played with it for a bit on my own but didnt have any friends that had an interest so I eventually shelved it due to a smoked battery. Recently got back into Rc in the form of scale crawlers thru a co-worker. So I bought a used SCX10. After driving his a few times it rekindled the flame, so to speak. Now I have a buddy to talk to about this interest and totally nerd out with. At my shop we design/build/fab/ ACTUAL Race trucks (think desert racing Baja 1000.) So we are both pretty well versed in suspension geometry. He has started fabbing his own suspension parts for his SCX10 and broken my DESC10 more than once. Thru trial and error figured out what works. So, long story short, IM BACK!!!
JoshRok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:49 AM   #2707

Hello,

I’ve recently got back into the hobby when I purchased a hobby grade rc for my son. Im looking to get a crawler soon.
OperatorB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #2708

I AM Teaniner
I do not own a crawler YET!
Michigan area
Looking for advice on a scaler to run in my backyard. I own a acre of a big hill. If you slip on it then you fall until a tree stops you. Wondering how steep can a truck be? some deer trails cut across.

Wondering when I let my 9-11 year olds play with it. How fast can they go. I get the crawling idea but they might want to do a lap around the grass. any advice on that?

Looking to build one from parts. It's a way for me to have one without a big cost up front. Do not want a custom build with me building parts to fit. Looking to buy part to part and have fun while doing it. Which brand would work well for this? I have been spending most of my time looking at axial but know other brands also.

All of my RC days are pre2004. MiniT was the last one I dove deep into. stampede and a TC3 where my start was. Grew up wanting a Grasshopper but my grades always got in the way.
TEANINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #2709
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEANINER View Post
I AM Teaniner
I do not own a crawler YET!
Michigan area
Looking for advice on a scaler to run in my backyard. I own a acre of a big hill. If you slip on it then you fall until a tree stops you. Wondering how steep can a truck be? some deer trails cut across.

Wondering when I let my 9-11 year olds play with it. How fast can they go. I get the crawling idea but they might want to do a lap around the grass. any advice on that?

Looking to build one from parts. It's a way for me to have one without a big cost up front. Do not want a custom build with me building parts to fit. Looking to buy part to part and have fun while doing it. Which brand would work well for this? I have been spending most of my time looking at axial but know other brands also.

All of my RC days are pre2004. MiniT was the last one I dove deep into. stampede and a TC3 where my start was. Grew up wanting a Grasshopper but my grades always got in the way.
Welcome TEANINER! Check out this thread for some ideas and let us know if you still have questions: A few noob questions before buying
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #2710
Rock Stacker

hg-p407
searched the site and saw a few shots of this rig but no comments or opinions....a guy on youtube did a side by side comparison with his og bruiser and said they are pacticaly identical. he ran it on the bench and said it sounded like a sewing machine! For the price i would love to get one even if just for a shelf queen.....any body on here have one seen one?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Tufftf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #2711
Rock Stacker

Tuft, check out this thread brothaman:
Knockoff Tamiya mountaineer coming soon on this May
jwwolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:06 PM   #2712
Rock Stacker

Doh! my bad thought i was pretty good with search function

Old 07-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #2713

Part-time lurker here, finally saved up enough to kickstart my collection with a try 4 Land Rover Defender to tackle the Arizona sands of my back yard.
Lord_Fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #2714
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Fabricator View Post
Part-time lurker here, finally saved up enough to kickstart my collection with a try 4 Land Rover Defender to tackle the Arizona sands of my back yard.
Have a brother in law that lived in Tuscon its beautiful country out there... Imo you made the perfect choice for your terrain!! Im toatally jealous of anybody that lives in that part of the country.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #2715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufftf2 View Post
Have a brother in law that lived in Tuscon its beautiful country out there... Imo you made the perfect choice for your terrain!! Im toatally jealous of anybody that lives in that part of the country.

My yard only makes good terrain because it's under construction right now. Otherwise I'm stuck in the middle of pleasantville. Maybe I'll head up to one of the nearby spots and bump into some of you guys there.
Lord_Fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #2716

Hey all, I'm Tony, recently and obsessively back into RC after my son asked for (and got) a Tamiya buggy kit. I've since built my own racing buggy, discovered that the closest track is not close at all, and found myself spending hours staring at photos of scale rigs and parts anyway.

Realized I'll be home single the week of AxialFest, and decided to go. Currently waiting for my Bomber kit to show up so I can get some time on it here in the Bay Area before I'm crawling behind the experts.

Big thanks to anyone who's posted any advice at all in these forums—I've been reading a while (and learning a ton) before registering on the board.
Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:21 PM   #2717

Greetings all!

Name is Mark, and I am a renewed Newby...

Initially joined 5 years or so ago to learn more about my Poison Spider Wraith. Learned a lot, but life got in the way. Moved from Vegas back to Indiana... Then as luck would have it, work brought me back to Nevada. But this time to the cooler part of the state, Reno. Then one day driving around I found this RC place called CKRC... What?!?! Really, CKRC is in Reno... Cool... Needless to say, a few visits to the showroom, and I was re-infected... Fixed my Wraith, and now have a Bomber to build...
komtee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:16 PM   #2718

Hey, made this account a week or two ago with hopes of both sharing, and getting help for my custom build (designing it from the ground up) I tried twice to post my build on the multi axle forum but it won't post :/ am I restricted from starting threads or something? I've made lots of progress and am itching to get some opinions on it.
BM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #2719

Hi, I’m new to crawling . I have had many RC cars in the past , my last two have been Traxxas and I have liked the new trx4 sport and will be purchasing one very soon
Wvaftx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #2720

Name is walter and I have a slash 4x4 but I just got my first crawler from exceed. Maxstone. Living in dothan al. any info on esc motor upgrades?

First post
walt35 is offline   Reply With Quote