Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #2741

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi everyone, I'm phil i live in ohio. Always looking for new spots to crawl..been a long time member just now posting up trying to get out and meet people.
I own several rigs a sawback ,redcat everest, gen7 sport to name a few

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
phillysteak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #2742

Hello everyone, sorta new guy from NorCal here. I used to have a couple of bashers and flew rc quite a bit, been out of it for 10 years or so though. I just bought my daughter a TRX4 Sport for her birthday and myself a Tactical Unit. Love them so much I am building myself another from parts from everywhere. Trying not to rabbit hole too hard but it is my style. Having a blast and getting my daughter more and more into it so that is awesome. I really appreciate all the good info here and hope one day (maybe) to be able to be helpful myself.
JDXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:47 AM   #2743
Rock Stacker

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Hey everyone, newbie to the forum here and new to the scale trail and crawler scene but definitely not new to the RC world. I've been in RC since I built my first Stadium Blitzer back in the early nineties. Did take a break from the hobby for about 15yrs then picked it back up. 4-5yrs ago. Mostly we would just go bashing around with the kids at parks and stuff. Until recently I didn't even know there was such a huge following in the scale and trailing part of the RC world. So intrigued by it that I switched over to crawler/trail rigs right away. Picked up a new TRX4 for myself and rebuilt a broken Everest Gen7 for my 7yr old. We are having more fun than I ever imagined RC could bring. We built a little backyard crawler course to challenge our rigs. And enjoy taking them with when we travel to find new places to stop and crawl around. See you out there in the forum or on the rocks in central Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #2744

Smile Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi I'm David, I have an axial AX10 and a TRX-4 Bronco. I live in Redlands California. I'm kinda new to this but I can't afford the real trucks so I figure this is the next best thing. So far I really like it.
Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:49 PM   #2745

What’s up, I’m new and in central Iowa. I’ve got a new TRX4 Sport. I also have a modded Losi Trail Trekker. I was about to get an Axial when Traxxas came out with their new rigs. Almost got the Bronco but held up when I heard about the sport. It’s exactly what I hoped for and is working well. I’d like to get a new body for it though. I saw this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J5zFcD21Pmc and has a nice Rubicon body but I can’t figure out which one this is or where he got it. It looks factory painted. I don’t know. Anyway here I am just getting my feet wet on a serious 1/10 rig. Any body suggestions for my ride are appreciated. Thanks and have a good one.
IowaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #2746

HELP.
I want to build a SCALE Chevy c10 or blazer (1979-1987) But that can change as long as its a Chevy lol. What i want help with is ordering a GCM kit thats got everything. Im having trouble picking out the right kit / parts . They have so many different kits parts etc i just dont know what to order. Thankz

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
bigjack7440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #2747

Re-posting in this thread as I haven't been active here since mid 2010. I suppose a re-introduction is necessary.

I've been out of RC since I got into real cars, so close to ten years now. Recently got heavily into 10th scale 2wd/4wd buggy, and the crawler bug has bitten me again. Looking forward to catching up on how much things have changed and improved. I bought a Dingo TR in early 2010 when they were first released. Believe it or not, It's still mostly original, still mostly stock, and still works like a charm. I recently bought a SCX10.2 Cherokee kit that I'll slowly be building over late summer/fall (and likely doing a build thread). I was torn between the SCX10.2 kit and a TF2 LWB kit, but ultimately went for the Axial... because I scored it off of Amazon warehouse deals for a staggering $250. Can't pass that up!

Here's some pictures of my old Dingo. I've done a few mods to it (all years ago) including:
-Alloy links
-4 link setup f/r
-Overdriven front axle
-Wraith transmission/Dig unit
-Flipped trans to shift weight bias forward
-Forward mounted battery
-Steel collars on the original driveshafts(yep, have yet to break one amazingly)
That's it! For a near stock crawler it was great, the dig unit and overdriving the front axle really changed this into a capable rig. But the platform is nearly a decade old, and the pivot balls have gone all floppy.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/dDw8DA]
Cenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #2748
Pebble Pounder

I just bought a new TRX4 Bronco. Not a fan of chrome, so I'm in the process of painting all the chrome pieces. I'll be sure to post pics in the TRX4 section when I'm done.

This place seems to have a wealth of information and I look forward to being part of the community.

Cheers!
Up'n'Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:12 PM   #2749

New here! Used to browse these forums a long while ago. Getting back into crawling.. purchased a trx4 with slight mods. Another trx4 is in the mail. I’m going to start a build thread soon..

I hope to gain as much knowledge from these forums as I did before! Thanks everyone & happy crawling!
underscorepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #2750

Hello,I'm so happy to find this forum eventually! Where I found a lot of nice people and a lot of topics.I'm a teacher and I need to find an online journal. Maybe do you know anything about this? I was cruising internet I found this site
 but I don't know anything about this maybe you can help me with advice/ how to choose and where an online journal
Ceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #2751

Hello,

Newbie to the forum. Have lurked a little bit as there's good information. Happy to have joined now.

I'm 39, father of two and live in the midwest of the USA.

First crawler I ever owned, and still do, was a Redcat Everest 10. Honestly it has been a great little crawler.

Sometime back I tried converting it to a more scale looking rig only to find that with all that articulation, there's a reason why the body is so small and gives the tires plenty of room to move without rubbing. So I went back to modding my main body. Probably will post some pics in an Everest 10 dedicated thread.

Happy to be here.

follow me on twitter if you like to talk RC @SudsRC
SudsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #2752

Well... here I am again. Not really a newb... more of a re-newb. Still... not a newb to RC at all as I have been wheeling since the early 80's. From RC10's to 1/8th buggies and truggies I've been racing awhile. Took a bit of a hiatus over the past few years but I'm back into it with my teen boys and we are pretty much focused on scale crawlers right now.

Its great to be back.
e.
Link to my HPI Venture Dakar

Last edited by dropkicked; 09-11-2018 at 09:22 AM.
dropkicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:04 AM   #2753

Hi, Great to be a part of this Forum. I live in Tasmania, Australia. I have been on a break from rc for a few years. Flew rc planes, heli's and quadcopters for about 10 years. Recently started to fly again and my girlfriend wanted to join in. But didn't want to fly so I suggested rock crawling to her. So this week we both ended up with a Trail Truck each. I got the Vaterra Ascender K10 Chevy and she got an Axial SCX10 II Trail Honcho. Today was our first time out testing our rigs and love it. Have many questions and hope to learn a lot here.
Cheers.
Tazcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #2754
Rock Stacker

Hey yall
Newb From central fl
Just scooped up my first rc and its an scx10

Got it without a motor/reciever/controller/battery or charger but got it for 100 bucks
Just got all my stuff in the other day for it and i gotta say its sweet
Im hooked
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dV...R9GYYR1EVsGFtZ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16H...UET0Xn5aJRfWlJ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18S...PAkoFiEssp000G

Alexg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:08 AM   #2755

HEy there from India. Thats my RGT Bowler and a friends Axial Dingo

Last edited by swatcat59; 09-17-2018 at 12:10 AM.
swatcat59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #2756
Rock Stacker

Greetings everyone. Just started getting into crawlers. Picked up a Bomber kit NIB from a guy in CA and just ordered a Rock Rey kit from Amain. Look forward to getting to know everyone.
scithera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #2757

HI, Benjiex here, your newest buddy in this community. I've been collecting Tamiya since 1999. Please welcome me.
Benjiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:12 AM   #2758

Howdy guys and gals,

HI, my name is BRIAN and I am a NOOB!!!
(Not new to the RC world, but new to the RC crawlers).

I live in Apple Valley, Ca (about 10 minutes away from HORSEMAN Center). I moved up here in 2013 from the South Bay area.

I have been doing RC for many years as a stress relief hobby. I have run gas and electric cars and trucks. Right now I currently have a couple of Traxxas Slashs that I tinker with around my property.

There are not many RC shops out here by me (actually I have only seen two, Coyote Hobbies and a new shop on Hwy 18 AVRC I think).

I would like to get into the RC crawler scene because of the rocky terrain where I live.

OK now the NOOB question, what is the best crawler? I have been looking at all of them(Traxxas, Axial, Redcat, Vaterra and so on), but they all have sweet features and the body styles are beautiful. So I am having a hard time deciding.
GunnyGlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:33 AM   #2759
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlynn View Post
Howdy guys and gals,

HI, my name is BRIAN and I am a NOOB!!!

(Not new to the RC world, but new to the RC crawlers).

I live in Apple Valley, Ca (about 10 minutes away from HORSEMAN Center). I moved up here in 2013 from the South Bay area.

I have been doing RC for many years as a stress relief hobby. I have run gas and electric cars and trucks. Right now I currently have a couple of Traxxas Slashs that I tinker with around my property.

There are not many RC shops out here by me (actually I have only seen two, Coyote Hobbies and a new shop on Hwy 18 AVRC I think).

I would like to get into the RC crawler scene because of the rocky terrain where I live.

OK now the NOOB question, what is the best crawler? I have been looking at all of them(Traxxas, Axial, Redcat, Vaterra and so on), but they all have sweet features and the body styles are beautiful. So I am having a hard time deciding.

Go to the shops hold each one in your hands and pick the one that puts the biggest smile on your face. Your going to have a blast with which ever one you get so pick one that sparks happiness. I went with a TRX4 because it reminds me of the big Off road truck I had years ago and I love it.

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9c...rIucM37i_nx3aw
BadBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:26 PM   #2760

Hey everyone,

I am totally new to the whole RC crawler scene, but not to RC in general. I've had a couple of cars over the years (T-Maxx, e revo, etc), but am just getting back into it.

I like to think I'm mechanically-inclined, and with all the helpful information on this forum I hope to build a rig to be proud of! Not looking to get into competitions or anything like that. I have access to some land that has the potential to make some killer courses when the time comes.

Anyways, I've got a bunch of parts coming in, and the build will commence soon!
Novak_757 is offline   Reply With Quote