Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2019, 06:28 PM   #2842
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Welcome!
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #2843

Hello, my name is Roberto, I have a Redcat Everest Gen 7, and I live in Mexico City. I am a newbie to rc and crawling, so I choose this rig to learn the basics.
RobbDJ75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:21 AM   #2844

Howdy!

I'm Jeff from Texas. I came across our local RC Crawler club at a car show recently. I thought it was pretty awesome, but my 5 year old son thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen.

We haven't bought any crawlers yet, but we're looking at getting our first beginner rig in the next few weeks. Just came across RCC this morning and figured it would be a good place to start to learn a little bit before I head over to the hobby shop. Thanks!
JefroBoDeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:35 AM   #2845

Ello,

The Names Isaiah, I currently reside in Colorado, and I am planning on picking up a SCX10ii builders kit. Crawling has always been a interest of mine. I've currently been in the rc scene with my dad since eaerly 2000s. I've began serious offroad racing since 2015. Just looking to branch out a bit to a less stressful RC passtime.
KeeneRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #2846
RCC Addict

Hey what’s up guys my name is Braxton, been wondering around the site for some time finally decided to join.
I just picked up an Axial Wraith already done a few mods. I’ll find the most popular threads and post up what I’ve done
Currently I live in Wilsonville Oregon.
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:59 PM   #2847

How's it going. My name is Chris and I'm from Delaware
I currently have a Axial 69' Chevy Blazer, a brand new Wraith 1.9, and a Trx-4 Defender.
Rascalbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:47 PM   #2848

Hi, I’m Josh from Oregon. I have a Remo 1093 (Honcho clone). I’m hoping to build my first kit later this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MightyPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:24 PM   #2849

Hello! My name is Duayne and I’m from Sidney BC Canada. Just getting back into the fun after a long time away. Just bought a Redcat Rockslide. Hoping to have some fun and meet new people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
batty53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:08 AM   #2850

Bill here minnesota have a few losi crawlers and just learning the ins and out of them . Great site with alot info i see.
raydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #2851

Hi, I'm Ben and I live in central Iowa. When I was a teenager in the late 90s and early 00s, I had a Losi JrT that I terrorized the neighborhood with and jumped things, along with a 4WD Kyosho buggy. My wife (she's a keeper ) got me an RC again last year as a gift and it has been super fun (Associated Reflex 14T, soon to be converted into a Baja Bug desert race style rig).

I'm really interested in building a scale crawler with my oldest daughter who is now 5 1/2. We've done some various crafts and build projects together and it is great. Also, I think the the pace of running a crawler will be more accessible for her to be around. Could be a great excuse to get outside and play in the dirt!

I'd love any suggestions for accessible entry points to the crawler scene. The Cross SG-4B caught my eye for having a lot of scale hard parts (body, interior) included and accessible as I am certain that she'll want to be shoving all kinds of random stuff in the cab to drive. Seems like the SCX10 / 10II, Redcat 7/8, and a few others are more mainstream, have more aftermarket, and perhaps a lower cost of entry. I have some 2S lipos and a good charger from my existing rig. Thoughts?
Ben from Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #2852

I'm DJ in Florida. Just purchased a scx10, been out of the hobby since middle school and getting back into it.

Last edited by gritsngreens1; 04-06-2019 at 11:40 AM.
gritsngreens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #2853

Hello all Im Jeremiah Nickel from spokane Washington
I ran rc trucks back when the rc10t was big and coming back to the rc world I've decided I'm getting into crawlers, don't yet have one but I've started a SCX10 ii scratch built with a tamiya high lift f350 body stretched to a 330 mm wheel base looking to learn allot from you all and have some fun
Jeremiah nickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #2854

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Hi all! My name is David from Vallejo, CA. Just getting back into RC. Used do it 30 years ago. I had a Tamiya Fox, Monster Beetle, and a RC10 and RC10T gas powered. I also had a 1/10 4wd onstreet nitro (i forgot the brand). I sold all of my stuff before I finished high school.

Now Im jumping back in. Learning some new things. And the crawler/trail has caught my eye. It feels weird starting over from scratch. My first rig coming back is the trx4 sport unassembled kit. I hope to find some good resources, meet different levels of enthusiasts, and learn more things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by djroman75; 04-09-2019 at 06:40 PM.
djroman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:56 AM   #2855

Hey everyone,
My name is Gary. My rig is an exceed Maidstone 1/8 scale with several mods and more to come. Upgrades include futaba 4pls with telemetry receiver, rear steer, new esc, and rc4wd dig 2 dig unit just to name a few. I'm new to rock crawlers but not the rc world. I have boats, dirt trucks, oval cars, and 6 drones and 16 airplanes. I love scratch building and fps flying as well as drone photography. Planning to get my 107 drone pilot certification soon so I can fly for profit then maybe I can make back SOME of the cash I have sunk into the hobby LOL. I live in Walterboro South Carolina and just glad to be here. Thanks for reading and GOD BLESS
Iceman29488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #2856
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Hey what’s up guys my name is Braxton, been wondering around the site for some time finally decided to join.
I just picked up an Axial Wraith already done a few mods. I’ll find the most popular threads and post up what I’ve done
Currently I live in Wilsonville Oregon.
Hi up the ORCRC Facebook page if you haven't! Good people, fun comps and outings.
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:59 AM   #2857
Rock Stacker

First post here, name is Damon and I'm from Olympia, Wa. Found this forum through Reddit.

I'm new to crawlers, but not new to R/C. I was big into truggy/buggy/slash racing about 10 years ago. Due to time/cost and other hobbies I sorta got out of it. Well, the Kids recently revived the RC hobby(addiction) . After watching hours upon hours of YouTube videos. Already I went out and got a TRX4 Sport last week. Looking forward to diving into the forum to answer questions and check out what things I can do to this truck and all the others I will eventually build...

A couple pics from the other night out on the center island landscaping... standard box stock rig at this point....

olydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:16 AM   #2858

First post here...
I'm Steve (Scratch) from Wisconsin. I'm new to crawlers but not RC. I have a few drones, and a couple 2wd trucks. A Midnight Pumpkin, and a Wild Willys.
I'm into full size Jeeps and off roading, but now want to get into crawlers and make a backyard trail course.
I came here to figure out if I want to get a scale rig or a comp style rig.

Excited to learn from you all!
Scratchthejeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:49 AM   #2859

Noob here -- A guy from the great white north, just getting into crawlers with my 9 yo boy. We are trying to decide what brand/model to start with -- thought this would be a good place for info!
hydrocarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:26 PM   #2860

Hello folks, Mark here from Molalla, Oregon.
Good friend got me back into RCs after having my start with XMODs. I have mountains and rocks just outside of town so the crawler thing is where we are but its still fun to mash the skinny pedal and do some rock racing.
I currently have a Helion Rock Rider, TRX-4 kit, RR10 kit still in the box, a Yeti just waiting for electronics, and a full metal (just cause) SCX10 being cobbled together.
MrAMath is offline   Reply With Quote