Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2019, 02:05 AM   #2901

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hello!

I'm new to crawling and I am about to buy a RGT EX86100 pro kit.
After a lot of searching I have selected a Hackmoto V2 35T motor, which I believe is good, or not?
My question is what servo should I use (25kg is good?) and how many degrees should it have, 90, 180 or something else.
Also, what esc should I use for the above motor (amp, etc), does anyone have any suggestion?
I’ m trying to keep the budget low, since it is my first rc.

Thanks
EliasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #2902

New here I had a look to see if I could find an answer first, I'm looking at getting an Axial scx 10 II, was wondering if I should start right at the bottom and fully build one from scratch so I can fully know my rig and I know that it's going to take a lot more work but want to know is it cheaper and worth it, starting with a 2 speed transmission for a $115. Any feedback is much appreciated thank you.
HonkingBeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #2903
Rock Stacker

1FSTLS1
From WV
1FSTLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:40 AM   #2904

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
What kind of rig you have?
Where you live?

Abe Kralingen (Dutch Parents)
TRX4 Sport
Baltimore, Maryland
AbeKralingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:57 AM   #2905

Hi, I'm Sam and live in the uk. I'm new to crawling. Only just got an scx10 ii which i've already started modifying.

Been stalking the forum a while but its good to post and say hello!
Hacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:47 PM   #2906

Hi everyone. My name is Michael and here is my SCX10.2 builders kit I put together earlier this year. This is my first crawler but I've been into rc for 20years. Looking for places to crawl around in north Ga.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Th3MadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #2907

Newb Here!! Lynwood area. Looking for some fellow scale crawlers to crawl with. You can only have so much fun crawling solo. Also looking for some good crawling areas in the Lynwwod,Wa area if anyone has info. Thanks

Scx10-ii Trail Honcho
This End Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #2908

hi guys new old user here in CT. i pretty much just crawl with a stock scx10.2 and a bender customs tlt based rig. i also have a smt10 mega truck i play with when i want to go fast.
turboturro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #2909

Hi all, . My partner has just recently purchased the axial wraith spawn kit to build up with me . She has not purchased any electronics as yet as we are both not sure what would be an ideal all round combination of motor and esc for both rock crawling and general use. Can someone suggest what might be a good combination of motor kv, type , turn , battery size etc. She is only a beginner and would rather start out with something reasonable to do both that is reliable. Does the size and turn of motor stress out the esc when crawling slowly .

Thanks

Greenpig
greenpig72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #2910

Hello everyone, New poster here, I've been a member for a few years because I was interested in scale r/c trucks but I only recently bought a couple used Axial's, A Honcho and a Wraith 1.9 for my self and my son to play with.

I did start a thread about my wraith 1.9 and bumper braces but I have been blocked from posting on it I suppose it may be because I didn't post here first maybe?
gonecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:18 PM   #2911

Not new....been lurking for almost 10 years or so. Haven't been very active. I am now getting back into crawling, mostly scale adventure. I live in Colorado. I have been away from the website for almost a year or so, only to return and see that I have zero posts. So I guess I will re-introduce again so that I am following the rules. Below is my beat-up scx10ii. It's been through hell`n`back. I have broken the fenders off one, in front, one in rear. So it's now trimmed. I hate jeeps.....as I am a toyota guy. Plans for a toyota body scale rig in the future, although I am not to keen on hardbodies, so it will be a lexan body.

ART!CUL@TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:24 PM   #2912

Good day to you my friend.

Used to fly rc planes, getting into crawling now.
First rig was an axial deadbolt. Now, I recently bought a trx4 Bronco and looking to stay in this hobby long term.

Here's a picture of my rig taken today. Completely stock. Incoming mods in the mail.

Last edited by KingRaptor; 08-19-2019 at 09:29 PM.
KingRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:17 PM   #2913
Rock Stacker

Hello all!
Name is PJ, I'm 46, and a newly returned RC addict as of about a year ago after 20+ years out of the hobby. My latest addition to the collection is an RTR Element Enduro Sendero. Brand new to crawling and only know what I've learned from watching RC Sparks, Scale Builders Guild, and similar channels on youtube. Medic and the Rude Boyz vids especially got me interested into the crawling stuff.
I'm in Moultonborough, NH and would love to go crawling with someone in the general area who could show me some good spots and maybe help mentor me as to the finer points of this aspect of the hobby. Not afraid to drive a bit if need be within reason either.
I'm sure I'll have lots of noobie questions on here so thanks in advance to all who help.

I also have a youtube channel I post random stuff just for fun @ Sledgehog RC
Toss me a sub if you visit, or not, I don't really care either way.

Here's some pics of my rig. Mainly stock with some extra paint slapped on, rear bumper pushed in, Yeah Racing aluminum front bumper, and some stickers which I know are most likely going to scrape off within one day on the rocks.

upload

Last edited by SledgehogRC; 08-21-2019 at 06:28 PM.
SledgehogRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:31 AM   #2914

Hi All Greenpig72 here, My partner and I are both from Perth , WA. We are both new to rc crawling and currently I have a stock axial bomber that I have just completed building up .I am waiting on upgrade steering and full links from vanquish to arrive . My partner has also just purchased the axial wraith spawn builders kit . She has not purchased any motor or esc as we are both not sure what combination of these to get . She intends to do some crawling however would also like a good balance of crawling and driving speed . Can someone suggest a good combination of motor and esc please .

If the esc is the wrong type and used for crawling at low speeds does this do damage to it.

Thanks

Greenpig72
greenpig72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #2915

Hey people. New to crawling, but have many a speedboat for years. Fun stuff, but totally different I understand. I'm in the mythical land of ice n snow known as Buffalo, but I do reside in NOCO as home. Would be great to find locations for crawling in wny. I understand there is/was a wny crawler? Only on Facebook though. I'm not on social media. Meet n greets or casual crawls anywhere soon? Great to be here. Thanks for having me.
Liveaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #2916

New guy here, just wanted to say hi. Here's my lightly modded (for now) Honcho.

Parts list includes:
Incision links
Protek aluminum steering horn
Proline BFG Krawlers
Axial headlocks
Hot Racing metal transmission gears

Im in the Richmond VA area if anyone wants to play trucks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Dustinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:15 AM   #2917

Greetings,

re-intgroducing myself as I had 6 years of break from the forum (but not from RCs).

So, long story short - I have started with CopterX 450 SE heli, kit. Bought everything for the kit, electronics, radio and stuff. Assembled, tried to learn to fly. After another serious crash, after mopnths of attempts I decided I want a ground RC. After some research I went after Traxxas Slash 4x4 1:10. Bought brand new, had fun for over 1.5 years. With time I used it less and less. Quality of roads where I live improved, I lost majority of tracks. What left was unsuitable for Slash. With time I realized that fast and agile SCT is not exactly what I want. So I sold Slash and started looking after trail truck.

Due to RC market in my country is not much developed I had very limited options. Traxxas SCTs, bashers, buggies and several Axial models, mostly Honcho and Wranglers. Nothing more. Honcho I dislike the moment I saw it - something in the body looks is off putting. Wrangler wasn't my favorite either but... Prices were bit high and I was really close to actually buying stock and basic Honcho (with immediate plan to change the body) when i found really nice second had offer.

One guy was selling SCX10 Wrangler Unlimited C/R edition. At the price of basic new Honcho. On a side note I sold my Slash, used, slightly above what I paid in the shop (found real bargain, sold at av. after market price which was higher than original price I paid, deal of the century) so i could afford another deal. So in the end I got Wrangler unlimited with all the light bars, additional LEDS and something like interior. On top of that I got scale small trailer (looks like 1:12 and hangs bit down compared to Jeep but hey - free trailer) with mud flaps and set of independent LED tail lights.

Although second hand it was in pristine state. Previous owner had it for fairs and indoor show use. No trails, no mudding, no everything. Few carpet runs under the roof and that's it. Tires clean, underside clean, axles clean, not even a scratch. One could say - brand new. All for the price of stock and barebones Honcho...

Been driving my Jeep ever since, pretty much stock. After few weeks I have replaced most of plastic links with DIY steel/alu ones. Due to lack of proper screws I left upper front Y bar 3-link plastic and replaced just lower pair with DIY ones, along with full rear 4-link upgrade. Apart from that I was running stock everything else. Lately I desired a change for my Wrangler and made several purchases toward it.

Right now my Jeep is totally disassembled - I have reduced it to pile of parts. Dirty parts as I wasn't doing much maintenance and cleaning over past few years. Surprisingly there was little damage, beside oiled sand in axles and dying transfer case plastic gear everythiong else was in really good condition. I spent several days disassembling whole rig and cleaning, dusting, brushing, oiling, greasing, eventhe smallest screws. So far I have re-assembled axles and shocks (which turned to went almost dry as they leaked all the oil in the meantime). Currently avaiting for parts to arrive.

Which will mark the rise of totally new rig. Previously I just wanted to perform general mainenance and cleaning. Went slightly over the board, ordered something extra. Part of that already came, part is arriving within days. With all pieces in place I decided to totally re-make my Wrangler into my own custom truck. And this made me reactivate forum account as I plan to share in near future my project.

Now all I need is to assemble wire cutter...
Sabaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:05 AM   #2918

Smile Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi All. I'm new to RC Crawlers. I live in the Yarra Valley Victoria Australia. I am looking for any clubs in the area. I recently purchased a Traxxas TRX-4 Sport. I also bought a Land Rover 110 body, and did my best to paint it like my old Series II landy. So far I'm happy with how it came out, I also 3D printed a Bull Bar, Mirrors, driving lights, Number plates and steering wheel. I added an interior using foam rubber for seats. I have tried to upload a photo of it but when I click add image the forum ask's for a URL. I'm used to just "browse and click" I am probably doing something wrong.

Last edited by OldFourX59; 09-18-2019 at 06:34 AM. Reason: update info
OldFourX59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:21 AM   #2919

Hi all.
Haven't had chance to play with my rc stuff for a few years, used to have an AX10, but now getting back into it.
Currently building an Element Enduro based Rolls Royce hearse, which will be done in a post apocalyptic/Mad Max style, the same as my MK2 Transit Drifter.
I live in Blackwood, South Wales.

https://imgur.com/a/AICZR2F
Mentalmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #2920
Rock Stacker

Smile Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi Everyone,

I am a social roboticist and had the Tamyia Buggies when I was in my late teens. Haven't really played around with much RC stuff for about 30 years but came across RC Crawling a few months ago and had to find out more. So I have been researching and decided on getting an assembly kit as I like knowing how it all works. It is almost finished (painted the body today) and am just waiting for some beadlock wheels.

So my first crawler, first time painting a lexan type body, and my first rc car build for 30 years......... have loved every minute of it.

So my first truck is a TRX-4 Sport assembly kit, with a 21T brushed motor, Hobbywing 1080 ESC, 25kg steering servo and its purple!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to learning to crawl and hope to be an active and useful member of the community.

Carl
Attached Images

CarlC is offline   Reply With Quote