Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #2981

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi, I'm greg from port charlotte florida. Same ol song as everyone else... been into rc for long time... just now getting back to crawling. Just picked up a scx10ii jk model. Already flipped my rear shock towers and the crossmember they bolt to to gain a little more up travel. Here hoping to learn some more tricks along the way.
Shocks and tires are my next purchase and mod.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
S.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2020, 07:35 PM   #2982
Quarry Creeper

Missed the intro page.

Hi all,

Been here for a month, long time model builder, now and then RC. Looking at today's RC selection for a while. Found one i liked and away we go, prefer scale builds, not extreme, but high end.

Example the truck I am building did not have an interior. No worry some styrene and glue will take care of that.

Any way good info to be read, seeing the differences, and collection bookmarks. It has been and still is enjoyable reading .

Cheers,
pep
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #2983
Rock Stacker

Howdy, all. Newbie here with an Element Enduro Sendero that I got for Christmas from my parents. Been into the RC hobby for years just as a casual fan with stock ready-to-run cars and trucks from big-box stores. Last year my dad got into rock crawling and trail running trucks and bought himself a Traxxas TRX4 Sport. Since then, I got myself immersed in the world of rock crawling, trail running, and scale trucks. I tooled around the idea of buying a truck, first setting my eyes on Axial SCX10II chassis and then later I settled on Element Enduro and received a Sendero for Christmas. Now dad, myself, and my two brothers all have trucks (two TRX4 Sports, one TRX6, and one Element Sendero).

Been doing LOTS of reading, LOTS of watching videos on Youtube, and in general just absorbing as much information as possible. I'm not new to forums, so I know how to search before asking, but I'll still have questions. :P Not much in the way for budget, so my mods and upgrades will be few and far between. See you out there on the trails!

I am a 37 year old adult, married, with 3 kids. Hoping to get the kiddos into trail trucks and crawling at some point too.

Last edited by Sherman; 02-04-2020 at 06:57 AM.
Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:53 PM   #2984
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J. View Post
Hi, I'm greg from port charlotte florida. Same ol song as everyone else... been into rc for long time... just now getting back to crawling. Just picked up a scx10ii jk model. Already flipped my rear shock towers and the crossmember they bolt to to gain a little more up travel. Here hoping to learn some more tricks along the way.
Shocks and tires are my next purchase and mod.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! That's a great looking rig.
dCowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #2985

Kent. New guy from Hawaii. I used to race Nitro on-road years ago. My son spotted a TRX4 Blazer, and since he and I have an '84 K5 as our toy, we had to have a couple. One was an RTR and the other was a builder's kit. We're having a bunch of fun and look forward to being on the boards.
TheJanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:54 PM   #2986

Planning to buy my first crawler. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Angelowaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #2987

Hey guys,
I’m new to the Hobby.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what could cause a front differential servo to “move on its own”?
If I have the remote switch to fully unlocked and swap it to the front lock position (middle position)... the front differential doesn’t seem to engage all the way, & if I swap back to fully unlocked, the front servo goes haywire and starts spazzing our moving back and forth? Almost like it’s glitching back and forth. Not too familiar with these things completely just yet. Recently got into the hobby as something to do with the nephew, but recently have found myself playing with this thing solo as well. It’s hard not to take it out as these things are pretty awesome.

I have a Trx4 79 Bronco version.
It’s basically stock besides the mods listed below.

-1.9 bead lock wheels
-1.9 BFG M/T’s
-ESS Dual plus
-Mytrickrc light kit
-12mm wheel spacer kit
-Front bumper brush guard w/lights
-Bronco spare tire kit/mount
-Some Custom paint added
-A newbie behind the controls

I’m new to this site as well. Actually just registered, in hopes I could possibly get some answers as to what’s going on with the Crawler & maybe some solutions on how to fix it! Thanks in advance guys. Attached a photo of my Trx4 Bronco. Hopefully I did it correctly and it shows up!

Kanuspel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #2988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelowaslike View Post

I’d recommend a trx4. They’re extremely customizable, & tons of fun. I bought one about 3-4 months ago for the nephew and I to play with & it’s been a hoot. I’ve found myself playing with it more then him. Actually thinking of buying another one already lol!

Old 02-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #2989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuspel View Post
I’d recommend a trx4. They’re extremely customizable, & tons of fun. I bought one about 3-4 months ago for the nephew and I to play with & it’s been a hoot. I’ve found myself playing with it more then him. Actually thinking of buying another one already lol!

Is the GS02 good from Gmade? I’m planning to get serious with this hobby

Angelowaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #2990

Quote:

Tbh, I’m new at the hobby myself. I don’t know much about the other brands out there. I’ve heard good things about all of them to be real honest. I just can only speak from personal experience with the Traxxas Trx4’s. They are pretty sweet. Tons of fun. I’ve got videos on mine posted on YouTube. If you look up Kanuspel on YouTube, you’ll see some of the stuff I’ve done/put mine through. I’m just now having any issues with mine.. after having it for about 4 months, and running it through various types of terrain. The issues I’m having with mine though might just be something I wired improperly while doing service to it. Either that or I could have burnt out one of my servos. Actually joined this forum to hopefully get some clarification on the issue. Going to open my receiver box back up though and see if I have a loose connection somewhere in there as recently I upgraded/modified my sound kit.

But if you look at the videos, you’ll see I run mine thru some nasty terrain. Such as mud & huge water/mud ditches

It’s held up though really well & considering my servo is “still” engaging partly.. I’d like to think it could just be a loose connection or I possibly wired it wrong when hooking it back up.

Sorry I can’t be of more assistance with the other brands though!!

Old 02-09-2020, 08:19 PM   #2991

Quote:

Also, if you look up my YouTube videos that I mentioned in the previous comment. You’ll see some cool “DIY” ideas. I left links in some of the videos to some of the other guys I follow on there to see how they did their stuff too. “DIY” ideas such as scale bungee straps, and a 1/10th scale trailer I built to pull behind my Bronco! Needed something to pull behind it, & a trailer to carry the Trx4 Blazer when I get it sometime this year!

Old 02-09-2020, 08:37 PM   #2992
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Look around find one you like, you must start with an idea. Let others make decisions for you, you will not be happy with the choice.

pep
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:29 AM   #2993

What’s up guys, names keoni from Guam. I have a stock c2x. I have a bunch of stuff I’m planning on doing to it just thought I’d get on here to try and get educated a lot more. It’s my first rig so I can get the understanding of all bits and pieces before I venture out and build something from ground up. Hopefully there’s some post about people doing mods to it that can give me ideas.

Guahantoyz671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:39 AM   #2994

Howdy folks!

I am 33 and live in Sarasota FL. Was a RC nut when I was in Highschool, but left the hobby after school. Returned recently to the whole new world of scale RC because the rigs look damn cool. And because I have two young sons starting to show interest in RC cars. Woohoo! More reason for me to buy them and have the wife not mad.

I already have a TRX4 bronco, for general bashing. A shelf queen TF2 Mohave and a custom serious comp crawler Wraith 1.9 that I am trying to get a full Alu cage for.

Happy to be here an learn from the pros and everyday guys with interesting builds.
000AJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:39 AM   #2995

Hello, all. I'm Tom, from CT. Just getting back into RC, now that my kids are old enough to enjoy (really just a reason to get back into it ).

I just bought my son an Everest-10, for his 6th birthday, and rebuilt a Nitro truck. Also, I have a Gen8 Pack coming as well as a HH55021, Savox 1230, HW1080, and some beadlocks w/ Austar 5020's.

I already have some Q's, so I'll find the appropriate subforum and ask away.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:22 PM   #2996

Hello to all, I do not really think of myself as a "newbie" since I have been into R/C since you charged batteries for 18 hours to play for five minutes.I have been sell off all my old R/C stuff for the last couple years on eBay to down size and start over in the crawling, bouncing and scaling. I am also an innovator that has worked with some of the more prominent names in R/C and really looking forward to applying these skills to this area of our hobby. I'm getting old though, so far only fixed the GOM shift selector. Gmade is my first brand to work with because they appear to have "scale" high on the list as to design.
Attached Images

Old Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:56 PM   #2997

Rig started as a RTR scx10 Deadbolt, but im not sure if there's any trace of the OG parts at this point.
RC4WD trailfinder body, ottsix axle housings, vanquish/ssd/HR/axial hodgepodgery at this point.

This one is primarily a trail runner now. HH Expert motor and massive 3S battery for super long run times.

Just wanted to share as it had sat in disrepair for quite a while now (since the last SquirrelFest) and it finally got some links and wiring finished up.
eucasafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:47 PM   #2998

Hey guys.

Reinhard from Cape Town, South Africa. New to crawling. Just recently got a used SCX10...the Honco I believe. Have 1/8 Nitro buggy since can't remember...busy converting that to brushless. Use to race gas boats. Thought I'd give crawling a try. Becoming more popular by the day in South Africa. In Cape Town they get together 'bout every weekend. Always at a differant place than before...which I like. Not always the same.

Njoy the weekend guys and take care!

Last edited by Reinhard; 02-21-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:20 AM   #2999
Rock Stacker

Welcome aboard all fellow newbies!
Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:19 PM   #3000

Hello all. I am not new to RC but it has been quite a long time. I have been crawling the real thing for years now but just got into RC crawling. I currently have a RedCat Everest Gen 7 Pro that I am building to match my Jeep JK. I just ordered the JK body and it's on the way.

I live in the South Bay, Palos Verdes and would love to find some other local crawlers to kick around with from time to time.

My RC crawler:

My actual crawler:
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote