Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2020, 04:34 AM   #3001
RVA

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Good looking rigs man! I’m on the opposite side of the country, Richmond, va. Got a gen 7 pro around Christmas. Have you done anything cool to yours yet?
I haven’t spent much money, just relocated the receiver and speed control to lower CG. Made a carbon fiber battery tray to lower battery and played around with adjustments. Loving this truck so far!
RVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2020, 08:25 AM   #3002

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA View Post
Good looking rigs man! I’m on the opposite side of the country, Richmond, va. Got a gen 7 pro around Christmas. Have you done anything cool to yours yet?
I haven’t spent much money, just relocated the receiver and speed control to lower CG. Made a carbon fiber battery tray to lower battery and played around with adjustments. Loving this truck so far!
Thanks man! I just got it so I haven't had a chance to do much. So far I've swapped out the steering servo, went LiPo and changed over the connectors to Deans. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far!

WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:18 PM   #3003

Howdy! I live in Charleston SC.
New to the hobby, just a couple months now, but I did have a Turbo Hopper about 30yrs ago (not hobby grade).
I really like it so far! Both building my truck, and crawling, but I'm having a hard time finding people and places to go to.
So instead of going with a 1/10, I went with a SCX24 Deadbolt. No need to start big, learn the basics.
It didn't stay stock for long. I really suck with the glue, and also cut corners, and fudged some details just to get it done. Definitely not done yet.
It's my pride and joy! Hehehe
I am looking forward to building more, and crawling!
Have a great week, and I'll see you on the forum.
Mike
Edit: another try at posting pic. This time with tumblr.

Last edited by Captain Ahab; 02-24-2020 at 06:15 AM.
Captain Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #3004

Frank from Fl...redcat gen7 and gen8
Wanted to know what snorkel fits gen 8...thx
Crisch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:33 AM   #3005

Newbie from New Hampshire.
Got into RC crawlers with my son over the Holidays.
TRX-4 Sport and Axial 1/24
UB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #3006

sold my bomber a whole back but looking to get another or a wraith next
TN-CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:25 PM   #3007

Hello all . I'm new to the hobby and from sault ste. marie Ontario Canada. Love this place the info here is awesome!
thumper03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #3008

Hi am a newbie here from Winnipeg CA/ Philippines just starting and doing some reading here to learn the basics and get an idea what rock crawler I would get. Thank you in advance for the support I know am in good hand here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dbmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:36 PM   #3009

Newbie to Crawlers/trail rigs checking in from Michigan. I use to race 1/10 on road and offroad back in the mid-90's and started racing again at the local indoor clay track a few months ago. Bored at work got me to watching a lot of crawler/trail videos on Youtube and bought myself an Enduro Element to try out. It makes sense to me since both my 2wd and 4wd buggies are from AE.
bigmatt17073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:02 PM   #3010

Sup y'all
im from seattle wa
not really a newbie but never done scratch builds before. only have one trx4 kit never had a body for it... just recently decided to make it as scale as possible. i dooooooo this rc car thing.
cam
crawlerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:50 PM   #3011

Total newb here. Ordered my first crawler and looking forward to a new hobby. Southern California here.
Ninjabetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #3012

Hello from St. Louis, MO! I'm new to the crawler thing. I had a Tamiya Grasshopper when I was a kid. I also had a Losi Desert Truck that I converted to a scale baja bug. I am more of a builder than a runner (cuz I don't like it when things break). So, I figured I would try my hand at building a scale trail truck or crawler - largely to put on a shelf as a static model. I decided to ease into it by only spending about $112! Here's the result: A Hobby Plus CR-18 "Toyota" with some body accessories and DIY antenna made from a bike derailleur cable.

retrogrouch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #3013

Hello all! I’m live south of Kansas City Missouri. I have been in the game for about 3 years now. I have one rig. I have a WLtoys 10428 which is a clone of a Vaterra Twin hammer. Been an awesome machine. Couple weak points but love it. The only actual issues I have had is once I upgraded the electronics and put 2.2 swampers on her, it had been a nightmare of problems
. I don’t understand gearing what so ever and new to lipo and think I messed those up as well. It’s been a learning curve that I enjoy but there is NO ONE around to rc with it have one on one interaction with. I was looking up questions on google and came across this forme and fell in love so I became a member. I didn’t see WLToys thread so if there is one can someone point me in a direction. Thanks guys and look forward to learning more!

Cooterboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:25 PM   #3014

Hello all my name is Francois and i'm just getting into the rc game with my brothers. We are in Washington State. I have a TRX4 Sport and simply love it! My brothers have Vaterra Ascenders and a Axial Scx10. Happy crawling everyone!
Soulstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #3015

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Howzit guys & gals,

Crawling/scaling in the 808 State. Residing on the island of Oahu. Somewhat new to the scene. Had a crawler for about 4 years now. Only used it for the first couple months of ownership then it kinda just sat in storage until a month or so ago.

Started life as a stock Redcat RS10 chassis bought off eBay & this is how she sits now after a month of slowly modifying it...still got a ways to go...

Also got a 1:16 WPL C24 sitting on a 1/12 MN D90 chassis, which is what caused me to pull out the RS10 from storage & modify it to as close to a Hawaiian Style scaler I could make.

Last edited by kANAkSz; 03-22-2020 at 02:28 PM.
kANAkSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:07 AM   #3016

Whats good hobbyists? My names Kev. Recently purchased the redcat everest 10. All stock except for a tire mod..xt60 battery upgrade...and flysky tx receiver. Looking for advice on future mods. And to just scan the scene!!

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
kevfpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #3017

Hello, I am Steve. I have lived in Las Vegas, NV most of my life. Always loved RC cars as a kiddo, bought my first Jeep in 2012 and got into off roading. Now that I own 2 Jeeps, I wanted to get into RC crawling. My neighbor is very into that hobby so I am now finally trying it myself and I am totally hooked!!

Here's my first RC crawler that isn't some toy from Radio Shack. (RIP)

Thanks for having me, I am very glad to become a member of this community of awesome people with their incredible rigs.
SteveReject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:04 PM   #3018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevfpv View Post
Whats good hobbyists? My names Kev. Recently purchased the redcat everest 10. All stock except for a tire mod..xt60 battery upgrade...and flysky tx receiver. Looking for advice on future mods. And to just scan the scene!!

Old 03-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #3019

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveReject View Post
Hello, I am Steve. I have lived in Las Vegas, NV most of my life. Always loved RC cars as a kiddo, bought my first Jeep in 2012 and got into off roading. Now that I own 2 Jeeps, I wanted to get into RC crawling. My neighbor is very into that hobby so I am now finally trying it myself and I am totally hooked!!

Here's my first RC crawler that isn't some toy from Radio Shack. (RIP)

Thanks for having me, I am very glad to become a member of this community of awesome people with their incredible rigs.
Nice looking set up brother!!

Old 03-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #3020

Hey hey, noob here, I live in Colorado Springs, CO and I am working on building out an Element Enduro/SCX10 II based scale hardbody Jeep Comanche rig. Trying to get enough substantive posts in so I can share pics of my progress! Anyone else in the Crawlerado Springs area who wants to crawl, hit me up!
Stretch911 is offline   Reply With Quote