Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #3021

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

I live in hidden valley lake california. I never dun no crawlin since I was a baby. Bought me one of them trx4 Broncos. I got rocks in my yard, we'll see how it goes.
Ptex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2020, 05:28 PM   #3022

Hi I知 Dan . My wife and I are building a Jeep JKU RC to match our rig

Chose the Axia JKU body and the SCX10 II raw builders kit to start .

One thing I知 having a hard time finding on here .. is the body post mounting same as on the Cherokee ? Instructions don稚 cover the JKU body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SharkeyJKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:14 AM   #3023

Hey there guys. I知 Clay, retired Army and I currently live in Louisiana. Getting into crawling. Got an Axial Wraith getting here tomorrow. Been looking over all of the crawling rigs and ideas online and many times directed here so I thought I would join. Seems the a ton of information here.
Crawling Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:29 AM   #3024
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to the best Crawler site! Hope you have a good time!
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:12 PM   #3025

Hey all, Erik the Newb here from Spokane, WA. New to RC in general if you don't count some toys I had when I was a kid in the early/mid 70's and I do some FPV flying as well. Currently just have an RGT Adventure V2, that I got about a week ago, which is a blast around the house and in my yard. I am about to pull the trigger on 1/10th crawler but can't decide between the Redcat GEN7 Pro, GEN8 or RGT 86100 as my first bigger truck.
smithe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:08 PM   #3026

Hi everyone, I知 Greg I知 from France, sorry for translating my messages but I知 using a translator, I don稚 know if I知 in the right place for my presentation .....

I'm a fan of scale / crawler and I discovered your forum via Google, your forum is a real gold mine and I hope to be able to share my passion with you, for now I have a Wraith and a SCX10.2 that I have modified to suit my tastes,

Thank you for your welcome

Last edited by FRENCH CRAWLER; 03-31-2020 at 06:16 PM.
FRENCH CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:52 PM   #3027

Cool rig! Those look like the same kind of rocks we have here in northern california. I'm a total newbie, I don't even have my bronco yet. Hopefully it's here by Saturday.
Ptex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:24 PM   #3028

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Hey guys i just bought a trx4 and installed a castle 1406 -2850 motor with a Mamba X Sensored 25.2V WP ESC 8A Peak Esc I am looking for some battery suggestions

Last edited by mcursi424; 03-31-2020 at 09:39 PM.
mcursi424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:01 PM   #3029

Hi, I'm Dan. I live in NE Az. I have a redcat gen 7 pro. I also work on my sons everest 10 and traxxas bandit a fair bit. The gen 7 is straying further from stock all the time. Currently working on finishing the 4ws, upgraded to a dx5c radio and beefing up parts as they break. Waiting on a trans housing and metal gears, new Cvds for the front axle, and a new skid plate.
Dharris86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:08 AM   #3030
SRJ

Hello everyone from WI. Sorry for not posting my introduction in the correct location. Completely new to crawlers and have very limited experience with my 10 year-old sons Traxxas Slash. Learning so much on the site and will hopefully have a crawler soon.
SRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:08 AM   #3031

Hi all, I'm Jason from the western Chicago suburbs and this is my 1st post. I've been lurking around here for awhile collecting information and learning the ropes of this forum. I have an Arrma Kraton 6s that I absolutely love, but wanted to add a crawler to my garage.

After a lot of research, consideration, and mind changing I purchased a RTR Traxxas Sport that will be here this week. Most of my running will be in the woods over natural obstacles and some creek / riverbeds in the dry summer. I have a few goodies coming with the truck to start modifying it right away. Some beadlocks and set of spare tires, a 15t pinion, new servo, inner fenders, and I'll move the bumpers up and in to start. Cant wait for the truck to get here and social distance with the Sport. I'd also like to paint a body for it in the future for it, but that will be down the line.
JtkRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:11 AM   #3032

Hi Everyone

I'm Stephen, and Englishman now living in France, in the beautiful Loir Vallee, between Le Mans and Tours.

I confess main "hobby" is a real car - our Chevrolet Corvette, but I was into RC cars when I was young. Just got back into it with a Traxxas TRX4 Defender - bought to keep ourselves amused during the virus confinement. Only a few days into ownership, so still getting to grips with it and planning the various cosmetic mods we may do. But all good so far! May be some questions coming soon....

Stephen
Franglodefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:48 AM   #3033

Hey guys, new again to the forum. Back into the hobby as my boys are finally old enough to enjoy it. Looking forward to future build of an axial capra. Leaning toward the kit however may go RTR just for insta fun!
polcyn1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:01 PM   #3034

Hello
I’m going to be crawling around Iowa City Iowa. My primary RC experience is aerobatic airplane. I love tkk ok fly big planes. I am an auto mechanic and after
Looking at some of the latest RC rigs at the hobby shop I had to have one. So I got one of the Axial clones from EBay. I put a Toyota body on it and am still finishing it up. Still have not finished. Just got the body done and made a rear bumper.
Iowa flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #3035

Hello, everybody.
Just joined up. I've had my Gen 8 for about 3 months. Kids Everest 10's are on the way. I'd say I'm hooked.
Replaced the wheels and steering servo. Mad a bracket to strengthen axle track bar mount. Fixed my steering issues. Haven't done much else, yet.
RockSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #3036

Hi, I知 Warren. I知 from southwest Indiana near Evansville. I致e been out of the RC world for several years but just can稚 shake the itch to build a comp crawler. I keep visiting this site and others trying to gather as much info as I can. Hopefully in the near future I will get started on one.
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #3037

hi, just joined in..im about to get the new one scx10iii.. surfing this forum for advice for the right combo esc/motor to put in this crawler and to learn about this hobby!
trekslr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #3038

Hello. My name is John and I don't have a crawler...yet. I just ordered a wpl c24 RTR so maybe I'll get it in a year. I have some experience with drones and choppers but never got into cars. I saw a youtube video recently of a C24 and without thinking ordered it. I am finding out that the RTR version isn't really considered a true crawler (please correct me if I'm wrong) without upgrading some major parts. I am still trying to figure out what parts I need and a little nervous about handling all those little parts. Believe it or nor, drones and choppers have fewer parts. It's gonna be a fun and learning experience and I'm glad I found this site because I'm gonna need help.
Axplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #3039

Hello peeps
Jeffrey here
I live in western Washington
I am waiting on my first crawler, trx4 sport

mtbshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:04 PM   #3040

Howdy!

New Crawler from Ukiah, California. I just preordered a Axial SCX10 iii. Looking forward to reading all the post and any advice you offer too.
mtbmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote