Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2020, 06:06 AM   #3041

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Newbie, Have A HSP RGT 136100 with the early Broncos body, any recommended easy upgrades? Have already blown the front spool/connect box. Easy fix ,Banggood is paying local shop to repair. Any input will be interesting, what redcat or other parts are compatible? Thanks be gentle...

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
CrazyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #3042

New Old crawler from NY, Been r/cing since the 80's but just getting into crawling have a scx24 and waiting on a scx10iii
nalby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #3043
Rock Stacker

New member here, just getting into rc crawling. Have an Element Trailwalker RTR package on the way. Im sure I will have many questions for everyone. I built the ECX Barrage Gen 2 for my introduction into the hobby. I have much to learn about this hobby. Searching for all the posts on the Senduro as well as Trailwalker now.
NCRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:32 PM   #3044

Michigan here. Building a gen 8. First crawler. Stoked! Read a ton. Hopefully the search will sort me out.
lurking4rcknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #3045

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum. I am new to RC crawling and purchased a 1/12 Barrage Gen 2 crawler. I have a question regarding parts for my truck. I want to upgrade my two plastic bumpers to steel, I found two bumpers on amazon. Both are 200mm in length, and my current bumpers are 180mm. It says they are made for an Axial 10, Redcat Gen 8. However the bumpers are only ten mm on extra on either side. Do you think it will fit my truck? My main concern is the posts coming from the bumpers, which hook into my frame. Any help would be appreciated! Also I hope I posted this in the right place!

Redcoat59
Redcoat59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #3046

Cheers

I'm Bobby from Ohio running a K5 TRX4. Got back into rc with some bashers and then I picked up a Ridgerock, which got me hooked into the crawling world. Enjoying this scale crawler world so far. Watching the axels articulate and tires grip rocks is just so intriguing. Next up is a fully equipped dodge power wagon build. I'm hooked!

Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #3047

Hello there from Monroe NC. Have placed an order and picking up the following on Friday. Pretty happy. So I have no where to do this and no one else who is into it local that I know of. So this should be a learning experience. May be for sale soon. LOL
Just recently, like last week, got a Kraton 4s and before that it's been 8 years since an RC.

TRX4 sport tan body
Protek RC 3S 4500mah 120c battery and converter
Castle BEC and something else by Castle that was recommended?
Reefs 444 Servo
Wanted a Hobbywing 1080 ESC but can't find one.

Plan on a tire change, good sliders and possible weights...
paigecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:50 AM   #3048

Hi, tried posting once, for some reason nothing happened.

Give us the general info:
Who you are? Jason, from Canada

What kind of rig you have?
Trx 4
Revo 3.3 Slash Nitro Losi 8-5 Savage XS

Where you live? Saskatchewan

Looking around now for some tips, just got my beadlocks and some other mods for my trx, really love her, got the 2 speed trans on the way with a 9 tooth pinion so that will be interesting, now to get back to browsing!

Last edited by DamoX; 04-23-2020 at 03:05 AM.
DamoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #3049

Hello, everyone. My name is Mighty_Bohab and I'm from Florida. I recently received a government stimulus check so I decided to buy a SCX10 ii. Just the frame, no motors or anything. Now I'm trying to build a crawler rig with zero insight... Well that's why I am here.
Mighty_Bohab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #3050

Well this is why it’s noob central. Double post!
paigecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:07 PM   #3051

newb here from Johnstown Ny. im starting off my rc crawling with a traction hobby founder ii 1/8th scale jku! im excited to get it and take it with me on my 4 wheeling trips with my full size jku that has dana 60 axles with eaton e lockers and 40" nitto tires.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?Tra...d=156686&pid=1

im going to paint the founder ii with the same exact paint that is on my jku (bright silver) and try to accessorize it to match as best i can.

Last edited by Trevinator1990; 04-25-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Trevinator1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #3052

Hey everyone, new to the RC world. My son turned 9 in March and wanted a "real rc" for his birthday. I searched for LHS and found Bakers Hobbytown not far from us. We went in to see what they had to offer and immediately fell in love with it. So, both he and I left with a couple of slashes. A couple weeks later we went to bakers and wanted to run on their track, well they were racing so we rented a couple crawlers and spent 2.5 hours running on their course. Both he and I were immediately hooked. Then the rona hit and while my wife and are still working we cut our spending. I promised him a Capra for doing well with the distance learning. So hopefully bakers gets to open next week and I can pick up a couple capras, his will be rtr, mine will get a kit. The prices don't seem to bad until you start doubling them . I'm sure we will have questions so tia.
redneckgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:53 PM   #3053

Hi, new to the site. It's a great forum of valuable info for the RC crawler world. I have been in the full scale world for a long time and used Pirate 4x4 for build info. Since I have had back surgery, the beating of a full size rig doesn't help my back out.

I have a full size machine/welding shop but will now have learn to make small things.Between the shop and my 3D printer I will try to up my designs and builds to the high standards you guys have set on the site.
I have been in the RC world for a few years, but both my trucks are RTR (I have done some hopups and designed and 3D printed a few things). After reading through build threads and having built my full size '90 YJ rock crawler, I'm going to give the scale world a go.

Now that the intro is complete; I have an Element builders kit coming next Wednesday (was delivered today early, thank you HH), along with a 46 PW body. Electrics and tires to come later.
I will have to get a star and start a build page after it arrives.

More to come and thanks for all inspiration.
Kevin
Attached Images

Offroadcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #3054

I'm new up in here... My sons (8 and 10) have been bashing for about 2 years... I have been in the RC hobby for about 25 years...

We just got our first crawler and have started modding

Redcat Everest Gen 7 Pro, already relocated the bumpers and trimmed the front fenderwells

Looking for ideas to keep in on the ground? Thinking about taking the gear off the roof rack and going roofless...
ericfx1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:04 PM   #3055

Hey all. Decided to get my first crawler while locked down. Went for a trx4 sport. Already order a fair few bits off AliExpress and have a lot of bits I still want. Building a trail out the back yard to play on.
Kiwiaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #3056

Hello all!

Got bit by the RC bug pretty hard recently. Had a Rustler 4x4 VXL for about a year now, but just acquired a used Traxxas Summit. Absolutely love crawling with it and it's making me want to explore further down that rabbit hole.

I've read a bit about posting pics, so I'm going to try embed some here. Hopefully they're a nice size, but if they're too big, I'll try editing them down.

The crawler:

And the basher:

Anyways, I've been trying to get a feel for the Summit and have been learning up on its intricacies. There's definitely some issues I'm trying to fix and will be searching the forums for answers. Anything I can't find I'll be posting about for help. Thanks everyone!

Cheers!
TheDirtyDiode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:58 PM   #3057

North Carolina here.
I'm awaiting delivery of my Gen 8 Scout ii, in orange. I haven't received it yet, but I already have a list of upgrades, and it keeps getting bigger. I'm even contemplating my next RC purchase which will be a kit of some kind, I want to build a baja/trophy truck when I'm finished with my Scout.
notrobjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #3058

Hello Crawlers, I am Michael, known as Greyfoxvt. Originally from Vermont but now residing in northern Florida. I am a longtime RC'er for aircraft, heli's and drones, but now decided to try trucks and crawling since I live so close to the beach and sand dunes.

I just finished the Axial SCX10-III and setup 2W and 4W as well as a DIG option. Having alot of fun with this little rig, and still have a lot of questions. I will be posting on the Newbie forum.

I have added an FPV (using Velcro) to the roof to be able to send it further away. This is very cool!

Last edited by Greyfoxvt; 05-05-2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added Photo
Greyfoxvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #3059

Hello Mighty_Bohab, I am Greyfoxvt from Fernandina Beach, FL. I just finished my CRX10 III and it is way cool. I have been taking it to the dunes and the beach for a wild crawling adventure. You will really like your finished product. I would recommend the Spektrum DX5C radio ($99.00) at a great hobby shop off Old San Jose Blvd called Hurricane Hobbies. This is the best shop in Northern Florida. We should get together sometime to run the crawlers. Drop me a not anytime.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:22 PM   #3060

Welcome MTBMONKEY, I (Greyfoxvt), just finished my CRX10 III which you can see at my profile. I have added both the 2W-4W and the DIG options for better quick turns at slow speeds. I also mentioned the readio and some other stuff. Enjoy your model!