Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #3081

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

I have a cool racing cnc 1/10 rock crawler aluminum axial scx10 chassis w/CARBON FRAME IM BUILDING AND NEED RECOMMENDATION ON WHAT MOTOR,SERVO,ESC,BATTERY,CHARGER,CONTROLLER WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME
Kevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2020, 05:25 AM   #3082

Hey all. I've been lurking these forums for years now and figured it was time to post... something. I've been into RC on and off for about 20 years. Started with a TMaxx which I bashed the hell out of and dropped more than I was expecting but had a great time along the way. Also ran an HPI belt driven car that I would drag (unsuspecting) 1:1s in a parking lot. Enjoyed the look on their faces. Got married, had kids, stuff started to collect dust (I still have both albeit not running), hobby shop closed for years.
Fast forward 2012 picked up a Tamiya Lancer kit to build with my daughter and 1 month after picked up the SCX10 after watching a video of crawling. Fell off a bit with working on career things. Picked up a Sendero last year and have been running that and the SCX10 with my son and he is enjoying it. I have 10 acres of wooded land that we run on and have a trail created in a clearing to which I've been slowly adding rocks. I believe I saw a thread for back yard setups that I'll post some pics.
I'm from a small town in PA - fairly close to Centralia.
Anyway, enough rambling from me. Hi everyone after 8 or so years of being a member. Thanks for all the info and help you have unknowingly provided.
ungr8full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #3083

Sup E-1. New here, to both this site and the RC crawler world in general. Im from Clarkston, Michigan. I bought the Vaterra Ascender suburban about a month ago and I love this thing. My brothers and i have built a monster crawler course and have def put them all through hell on it. Ill be posting alot more here, mostly with questions as I have yet to have any real isssues with it so far. Sweet site and cant wait to see what it brings!
DocHolliday31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #3084
Rock Stacker

Hi...Been lurking here over a year. Started a slow TRX4 Sport build in October to be my 'therapy' while walking. Had both hips replaced in Mar - the day before everything shutdown here (IL). I'm up and - not running yet, but walking pretty good. Balance on uneven surfaces is getting there, so it's time to get this thing on the trail! Thanks for all the help thus far More build pic's in the TRX4 section.

Name:  Build I.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  60.6 KB
Rockin140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:23 AM   #3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungr8full View Post
Hey all. I've been lurking these forums for years now and figured it was time to post... something. I've been into RC on and off for about 20 years. Started with a TMaxx which I bashed the hell out of and dropped more than I was expecting but had a great time along the way. Also ran an HPI belt driven car that I would drag (unsuspecting) 1:1s in a parking lot. Enjoyed the look on their faces. Got married, had kids, stuff started to collect dust (I still have both albeit not running), hobby shop closed for years.
Fast forward 2012 picked up a Tamiya Lancer kit to build with my daughter and 1 month after picked up the SCX10 after watching a video of crawling. Fell off a bit with working on career things. Picked up a Sendero last year and have been running that and the SCX10 with my son and he is enjoying it. I have 10 acres of wooded land that we run on and have a trail created in a clearing to which I've been slowly adding rocks. I believe I saw a thread for back yard setups that I'll post some pics.
I'm from a small town in PA - fairly close to Centralia.
Anyway, enough rambling from me. Hi everyone after 8 or so years of being a member. Thanks for all the info and help you have unknowingly provided.
Hi there from a fellow Pennsylvanian. Welcome to the site! Post up a build thread with photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday31B View Post
Sup E-1. New here, to both this site and the RC crawler world in general. Im from Clarkston, Michigan. I bought the Vaterra Ascender suburban about a month ago and I love this thing. My brothers and i have built a monster crawler course and have def put them all through hell on it. Ill be posting alot more here, mostly with questions as I have yet to have any real isssues with it so far. Sweet site and cant wait to see what it brings!
Welcome to the site! Post up a build thread with photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin140 View Post
Hi...Been lurking here over a year. Started a slow TRX4 Sport build in October to be my 'therapy' while walking. Had both hips replaced in Mar - the day before everything shutdown here (IL). I'm up and - not running yet, but walking pretty good. Balance on uneven surfaces is getting there, so it's time to get this thing on the trail! Thanks for all the help thus far More build pic's in the TRX4 section.
That's a huge surgery. Glad to hear you're doing well. Welcome to the site!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote