Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2021, 10:24 PM   #3201

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEENNNOOOO View Post
Hey everyone! Another newbie here with an issue regarding shocks. So I recently got into the hobby and got my hands on a Gen8 and decided to switch out the 95mm shocks with some 100mm, now my front end is being pulled to the left. I have the shocks on the lowest position on the tower since the new shocks didnít have the spacer like the standard ones that came with the Gen8. Is there something Iím missing as to why the whole front end is being pulled to the left? I canít figure out whatís causing this or any way to fix it. Has anyone else come across this problem with the Gen8??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itís the pan hard bar pulling the suspension geometry. The Gen8 isnít a regular 4 link in front, so any raising or lowering of the shocks will coincide with the axle moving left or right.

In my case, I lowered my Gen8 on 90mm RC4WD shocks & it kept pulling right I believe. I ended up taking a spare aluminum link & bending it more than the stock pan hard to keep the suspension geometry somewhat intact.

Iím not very knowledgeable in RCís, as Iím still learning, but Iím just speaking by experience with my Gen8 that I Frankensteiníd to fit a RC4WD 4Runner body on it. Lol

kANAkSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2021, 11:22 PM   #3202

Hhmmm... Iíll have to give that a try and hopefully it straightens things out

GEENNNOOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #3203

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEENNNOOOO View Post
Hhmmm... Iíll have to give that a try and hopefully it straightens things out

Adjusted my front shocks again yesterday as the front was raked forward & ran into the same issue lifting the front axle. Pan hard bar was pulling my suspension left this time.

Didnít wanna fiddle around looking for a link that was about 5-7mm longer, so I ended up backing out both of the eye holes, or whatever theyíre called, & it gave me the length I needed to straighten the axle back out to center.

You can try that out & see if that works for you to straighten the axle back to center. I get a little bump steer due to it being DIYíd, but itís only very minor.

Itís only a temporary solution until you can find the right length you need. Thereís a seller on eBay, RC Issues Inc, that makes wheelbase aluminum or brass links but also makes custom length ones too. All he needs is the length from eye to eye & heíll make you a set. If you know how to cut, drill & tap your own links, then you can do it on your own with some aluminum rod.

Hope this helps.

kANAkSz is offline   Reply With Quote