GEENNNOOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #3202

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEENNNOOOO View Post
Hhmmm... I’ll have to give that a try and hopefully it straightens things out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjusted my front shocks again yesterday as the front was raked forward & ran into the same issue lifting the front axle. Pan hard bar was pulling my suspension left this time.

Didn’t wanna fiddle around looking for a link that was about 5-7mm longer, so I ended up backing out both of the eye holes, or whatever they’re called, & it gave me the length I needed to straighten the axle back out to center.

You can try that out & see if that works for you to straighten the axle back to center. I get a little bump steer due to it being DIY’d, but it’s only very minor.

It’s only a temporary solution until you can find the right length you need. There’s a seller on eBay, RC Issues Inc, that makes wheelbase aluminum or brass links but also makes custom length ones too. All he needs is the length from eye to eye & he’ll make you a set. If you know how to cut, drill & tap your own links, then you can do it on your own with some aluminum rod.

Hope this helps.

kANAkSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:56 PM   #3203

Hello there. New to the forum, but not new to RC. Cut my teeth on a Tamiya Frog, back in the 80s, had a bunch of other cars, buggies, boats, and even tried flying (well, mostly crashing). I had been a fan of Team Associated, having had numerous RC10s, 12s, TCs, etc.

A month or so ago, I stumbled on some SCX24 stuff, on Thingiverse, and that rekindled the car fire. I picked up a Jeep, and have been putzing around with it, printing parts for it, etc.

But now I want moar! I've been watching YT and reading this site for the past several days, usually into the wee hours of the morning, trying to pin down a decision on which crawler build kit to get. I was initially drawn towards the Axial SCX 10, but it looks like its getting long in the tooth. The TRX-4 looks good. However, there's that TA-backed Enduro...

I already have 21T & 27T motors, HW 1080 ESC and DS3230 servo sitting on my table. Flysky GT5 coming later this week. (I have batteries & charger, BiL got me messing around with boats earlier this Spring lol)

Last edited by DarthGrind; 04-26-2021 at 07:00 PM.
DarthGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:12 AM   #3204
Rock Stacker

Testing to see if I can finally post?
XanderBolanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:45 PM   #3205

Derek
Rigs: TRX-4 Sport, Element Gatekeeper, Axial SCX24
Severna Park, Maryland
MrCataract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:17 AM   #3206

Alright I just made a forum account so now I have to say that I'm hoping to find tips and information on some simple questions in this Great Hobby
LarrysRCRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:16 PM   #3207

Newbie here, to the site and somewhat to the crawling hobby. Settled between the Big Puddle and the Fresh Water Ocean beautiful in Wisconsin, I'm running an RGT ex86100 pro kit with a hobbywing quicrun 2 in 1 and my 5 yr old son is running a TRX-4 sport with stock electronics.
CrawlinBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 05:18 PM   #3208

Hello

I am from Pittsburgh, PA (Steeler Country). I just purchased my first RC about a month ago, a Traxxas TRX-6 and love it. Just wish it had more speed ... 15-20 would do. I love the crawling, but would also like to run it in the backyard and race my neighbor who has a E-Revo on our street.

So here goes my very first question, I have been reading and see lots of info about different ESC's, motors, links and everything but I was wondering if I rip out the traxxas ESC/motor and install something different, do I need to use a different transmitter or will the traxxas one still work the same?

Thanks for your time and comments
dlsebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:40 PM   #3209

FNG to the forum an somewhat new to crawling, but have been heavily hooked on RC for over 25 years. I build and fly everything, and have a lot of experience racing 1/10 touring car (paved and carpet), off road 2wd truck and buggy. A main racer in stock and spec classes. So now I’m sinking my teeth into crawling! LOL
I am tech/computer challenged, including using a forum. So be gentle.

FastFreddy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:12 AM   #3210

Hello, my name is Sean. I’ve been in and out of surface R/C for over 35 years. From Tamiya to Traxxas. Jumped back in after about 8 years with a TRX4 chassis kit and a 72 Blazer body last week. Looking forward to learning more.
Sean1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:45 AM   #3211

Hey guys new to site but not to the hobby, names bobby and im from nc , I have several different rigs but my main go to on a normal day is my axial 10 III.
TeamPhantomNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:52 PM   #3212

Newb here.

Live in Carson.
Running an Tamiya CC01 Jeep Wrangler. Currently rebuilding to crawler from previous standard build.
As for who I am, does anyone truly have an answer to that question? Please, help me find enlightenment!

Otherwise, I'm here to ask questions and get support from those less intellectually challenged than I.
PleaseW84myRX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 02:01 PM   #3213

Smile Another old newbie (to trailing)

Yes, another old newbie, from Lincoln UK, just got myself a TRX-4 Defender, ordered a few upgrades, so hoping to get up and running in the next few days.

No doubt I will be back searching the forum or asking questions very soon, although I have had other RC cars previously, so not totally new to RC.
billyb_imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:55 PM   #3214

Returning to the hobby after about 6 years, with only the occasional RC outing when the weather is nice. Decided to stop in to the LHS to see what kits they had on the shelf, and they sold me on the Capra kit. I've never built or driven a crawler, so this seems like an interesting departure from my previous bashing style of truck. After browsing here for a while researching what electronics to put in the Capra, this is definitely more complex than what I'm used to lol. Look forward to learning a new genre of RC with the help of the forum. A couple pics of my last build, the Yeti XL kit

Burger_Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #3215

Howdy!

I'm Ed from the PHX area of AZ.

Just recently got back into RC after about 15yrs.

Currently have an SXC24, an SCX10.3 I'm building, and an Arrma Mojave.

Looking forward to being here!
TheWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #3216

Howdy guys and gals!

Newbie here for the most part. Messed with a Tamiya Grasshopper back in the 80's and just recently decided to get back into it.

I grew up always wanting a 80's CJ and until i have the $$$ for a real one, decided a small scale would do ok.

After doing some researching and looking, here's where i'm at...

MST CMX Chasis
Tamiya YJ body
My trick RC light kit
Hackmoto 16t 540 motor 5pin
ProTek PTK-100T servo
Reedy SCX400x ESC
RC4WD Winch

Need to buy:

RC4wd Transmitter reciever
Reedy Battery Lipo 3s and charger

Any sugetsions, advice, ridicule? lol

Thanks!
rdraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:26 AM   #3217

Hello to all.

Brand new to the hobby, I bought a Land Rover D90 MN99s (yes, I know that some may not consider it an hobby grade vehicle ).

I'm still trying to find upgrades for this crawler and get suggestions if I should stick with it or advance to the bigger 1/10s.

Any suggestion is recommended. Hope to learn a lot from you guys.
Thanks in advance.

Pedro, Portugal.
papires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:52 PM   #3218

Hi I’m a new owner from California and I just got a servo upgrade and I want to make a 1977 crew cab build but I doesn’t know how to need help and wonder what upgrades I should do next tell me your opinion bye

New scx24 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #3219

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Wonder what happened to my earlier post that i did from my Tapatalk app?
anyways, i finally got a RC Crawler, i decided on a REDCAT GEN7 pro. would it be possible to change the body like say a Toyota 4runner or anything real looking off roading truck?

thanks.

Last edited by bapski; 07-19-2021 at 10:15 AM.
bapski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:55 PM   #3220

Hello there!
I’ve been reading lots of threads for a few months already, but I have never published or commented anything yet… the time has arrived!
I am a proud newbie seeking for experiences building my own rigs!
I started last year with an extremely cheap 1/12 MN-90… after some upgrades, I bought a second body shell to customize it even further. I’ll publish a thread about them soon.
Now I am building a truck in an Austar 313mm (the chinese SCX-II~ish replica) chassis. I’ll also publish something about it at some point!
So, thank you for letting me in, and see you around!
balsamiq is offline   Reply With Quote