Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #3241

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hey everybody!

Just signed up for this forum today. Stoked to be a part of this finally as I’m on here constantly anyways reading and looking up helpful info.
I am into the smaller scale crawlers! I have a few scx24’s along with a few other mini crawlers and some 1/10th scale rigs. I love the true scale realism stuff!! Soon to be purchasing another 3D printer so I can create some larger scale parts for my other Axial rigs.
Happy to be a part of the community!

Cheers!
FavelaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2021, 03:43 PM   #3242

Hello there.
I'm a noob, I know cause I already made a post before I found this, nailed it.

Name is Dave, I'm in Daytona Beach FL
I have a TF2 LWB, TF2 87' Xtracab, 1/14 hydraulic excavator and a 1/18 shogun.
I like casual scale crawling and heavy construction equipment, as well as designing and making accessories or tools for said items

I used to have a large amount of Traxxas gas powered monster trucks as a teen and have always enjoyed rc's.
Now I'm finding my way back into them and liking where it's gone.
2 parts of mostly why I'm here are one, see what's and whos around my area. And two, see if any one is running an AMpro rear bumper.
My issue is that my bed sits on it, pushing the body up to high
It needs to be 4.5mm longer to line up correctly. so far I haven't found any info about this issue or been able to find another truck to plop it on. So it seems to be a me issue.

Last edited by Tk421reporting; 11-05-2021 at 03:49 PM. Reason: took out a double say and added location
Tk421reporting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #3243

When going brushless, does one want sensored or uncensored? Thanks.
bilster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:40 PM   #3244

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilster44 View Post
When going brushless, does one want sensored or uncensored? Thanks.
I'm pretty new myself, but from what I've found in my research is that you want sensored when going brushless because the sensors detect where the armature is in the motor's can, which facilitates better slow speed performance and modulation. This can bring a brushless motor's low speed performance up to near brushed motor levels.
Delta_Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:32 PM   #3245

Post Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Thank you kindly
bilster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:10 PM   #3246

New here from Maryland, names Eric. Spend most of my time (when I'm not working) at my buddies house in South Jersey doing some crawling there with either my Axial Wraith 1.9 (currently getting some custom body panels made) and a TRX4 w/ a Jeep Comanche body on it.
eric04mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:48 PM   #3247

Hi New here from West Virginia. I have several Nitro vehicles but got into electrics this year.

I am an old guy that started with planes in the 70s.

My first crawler is an Everest 10
WVNed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:10 PM   #3248

Hello! I’m a newbie… my name is Blaze
Im for sunny SoCal. My buddy and his wife have been trying to get me into this hobby for quite a few months and so I finally decided to cave in and can’t stop lol so I went and bought a JJRC Q65 hasn’t come in the mail yet but going to my first event next weekend after it does..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rc_blaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:19 PM   #3249

Hello all,

New to rc and crawlers. I actually never heard of crawlers until a couple weeks ago. I had a golden arrow buggy back in the 80s, and a 1/16 Toro Leopard tank. The tank I sold last year. One of my boys had an rc car on his Christmas list. I started looking around, watching videos, and crawlers looked pretty darn cool.

I ended up getting some cheap (~$100) bashers for two of the boys because I'm not sure if crawling is exciting/fast enough for them. For myself, the TRX4 Blazer is on it's way. I won't be able to keep up with the kids but hopefully they'll want to get further into the hobby. A 1/24 crawler course could be in the future for the garage if they want to keep going.

I look forward to learning a lot from this site and it's members.

Horse
sirhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #3250

My name is Dave, I’m new to the crawler world but not RC. I’ve been into aircraft and drones for years. I semi-recently grabbed a Mojave 6s rig and tweaked it some, it’s a blast. There is a crawler spot that a local guy built on his property that I want to play on. I ordered a Redcat Danchee Ridgerock to goof around with, but I want to build a crawler from the ground up as a winter project. Budget around 1k. I have a spare Futaba 4PLS and 4 channel receivers on hand. I’d like something that’s not a “buy parts until you figure it out” project if that’s an option.
DeltaWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:38 PM   #3251

Johnny
Lacey, WA

Been into RC for many years. Had a few nitro stadium trucks and electric rally cars. Wife bought me a WPL truck last Christmas and I've been hooked on crawlers ever since. Currently own:
WPL C24-1
Axial Wraith RTR
Axial SCX10.2 Honcho
Redcat Gen 7 Sport
Axial Yeti Jr Can-Am
Axial SCX24 C-10
ECX Temper 1/18 (1st gen)
Traxxas Slash 2wd
Team Associated RC18r
Element RC Enduro24 Sendero
Tamiya TT-01 (rally build)

I mostly just like trailing my rigs with my 2 small kids. Every now and then I'll bust out the Slash or TT-01 if I want to go fast.
Medium_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:04 PM   #3252
I joined the Band!

Please accept me guys here. Thank you so much!
BlancaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 12:33 PM   #3253
Rock Stacker

Hi all,
Mid 30's engineering project manager and allround nerd from the Netherlands here. Used to drive 10th scale buggies during late teens and early to mid twenties but that got mothballed. Fast forward about a decade, a marriage and a child.
I got back into RC a few months ago. I am a mountain biker during summer and follow a certain mountain biker on youtube who got injured and then got into RC while he recovered. That got me curious about micro crawlers. So last summer I went and bought one... and this fall I bought two more. I now own a Carisma 1/24 subaru brat, and two SCX24's (yellow jeep, grey C-10). I am crawling indoor and outdoor with my 4-year-old son who is surprisingly gentle with them and is getting the hang of steering around tight corners pretty quickly... and am also working on my own crawler park for rainy days. Progress for the indoor course as well as upgrades to our rigs can be found here.
Other hobbies include mountain biking (as mentioned), playing drums, martial arts, reading. I have more hobbies than I have time for.

Last edited by ChilliBreath; 12-21-2021 at 12:36 PM.
ChilliBreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 10:59 AM   #3254

Hi, Al, from Pittsburgh. Drones for over a year. Was a tech at a RC shop 30 years ago, in Natrona Heights,Pa. Now Im basically retired, and just got a Traxxas TRX4 Sport, Toyota truck. Addicting, this crawling!
alauth56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:59 AM   #3255

Hey everyone! I'm David, from Vancouver, BC. I worked as a bicycle technician for many years fixing anything bicycle related and beyond: from fixing shifters to rebuilding suspension to hand-built wheels. I am also really in to computer technology.. So r/c vehicles are an excellent hybrid hobby!

I just bought my first r/c vehicle, the Traxxas 1979 Bronco in black/red with the 4000 mAH 11v battery. Even in training mode this thing gets going! I can tell already that adding weight to the front end will be necessary, and I'll need advice on that. I'm also considering beadlock wheels with different tires that I have, so I'll need wheel advice too!

Last edited by VanCityCrawler; 01-18-2022 at 06:08 PM.
VanCityCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:16 PM   #3256

Hey eveybody. Tommy from Alabama here. While scrounging around the attic a couple weeks back I ran across my old Clodbuster I picked up in '95. No electronics or body but the ESP frame and 4 link was still in good shape. Hopped on the interwebs to see if I could get the ole girl back up and running and was amazed at all the shit you can still buy for these things. Decided to stick with brushed motors for now so I picked up a couple of 2s lipos, a Hobbywing 880, some 20T motors and steel pinions, a Flysky radio and a bearing kit. Batteries sure have come a long way since nicd. Lol! I couldn't believe the run time. Needless to say, I'm hooked and this go round, I actually have a little money to throw at this thing and to add to the stable. SMT10 is next with a mega truck build running a brushless system.

Last edited by bujeezus; 01-22-2022 at 02:18 PM.
bujeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:08 AM   #3257

Hey
Patrick from Maryland here.
Joined last March and just got approval.
Anyhow, its been a good 20 years since I messed with models or RC.
Liike a lot of folks, I got back into it at the begining of the rona
I have a few 1/10 scale rigs, a coulple scx24's and a couple 1/18 scale shelf queens.

Getting ready to start building a Capo JKMax, just waiting on the last few parts to arrive.

ShapeShifter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:34 PM   #3258

Hello to all reading this. And thank you for supporting this community.

I am Sean, and I just got into RC crawlers Fall of 2021 after an injury ended my Downhill Mountain Bike Racing season early. I've always loved go fast sports, and have built some fullsize rigs in the past. So, I purchased an RTR Axial Wraith which quickly evolved into an old school rockbouncing buggy. Then I got a Capra for crawling, and with my previous experience and driving style, I was drawn to the Axial Ryft, so I built one and I am extremely impressed with it's performance. Now, I am building a dually tow rig and gooseneck with Ryft based drivetrain.

I love to build race courses and would like to connect with people who have similar interest. I enjoy setting up events for people and would like to do so if there are enough people around to participate.

I look forward to being a member of RCcrawler and learning more.
Sean Lane Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 12:04 AM   #3259
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Lane Racing View Post
Hello to all reading this. And thank you for supporting this community.

I am Sean, and I just got into RC crawlers Fall of 2021 after an injury ended my Downhill Mountain Bike Racing season early. I've always loved go fast sports, and have built some fullsize rigs in the past. So, I purchased an RTR Axial Wraith which quickly evolved into an old school rockbouncing buggy. Then I got a Capra for crawling, and with my previous experience and driving style, I was drawn to the Axial Ryft, so I built one and I am extremely impressed with it's performance. Now, I am building a dually tow rig and gooseneck with Ryft based drivetrain.

I love to build race courses and would like to connect with people who have similar interest. I enjoy setting up events for people and would like to do so if there are enough people around to participate.

I look forward to being a member of RCcrawler and learning more.

Out west is a BIG place. Where you at?
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:17 AM   #3260

Thanks for the add. Greatly appreciated.

My name is Dee, 41 yrs old from Lakewood, California

Last edited by OcDirtyCrawler; 02-15-2022 at 12:08 PM.
OcDirtyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote