Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #801
Rock Crawler

Hey folks i'm Josh from Corvallis Oregon, and have a built a couple very capable axial rigs with all your help, and look forward to adding some of my own tech experiences and threads soon.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #802

Well, I've been lurking around here for a few weeks now but I figure I should intoduce myself. I'm 42, from Ontario Canada and just recently got the bug for rc stuff.
I have a LOSI 1/10 Desert Truck and am currently researching what I need to know about building a custom crawler.

I must say that I'm amazed at the wealth of information here, it's great!
Mindwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #803
Rock Stacker

New here
Looking to get into scale type stuff
From OZ
My Jugg
rikstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #804
RCC Addict

Hey everybody love the site I have gotten several great ideas and plenty of help already. My name is Michael I have been in RC for a while but just got into the rc crawling got rid of the tmaxx and savge to get one but I have a XTM X-Crawler that I have done several things to and still have more plans for it might even go pimp cane with it working on front and rear dig right now and waiting for RC4WD to come out with their new 4 or 5 channel 2.4 ghz controller and I hope it has 3 position switches. I also do the 1:1 rockcrawling and believe it or not the rc crawlers help you out.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #805
RCC Addict

Matt
Indy
Modded ax-10 rtr
Hi all. Love the site, and being able to pick all of your brains at the same time. I live near indy and I am new to rc crawling, but its too late now Im hooked. Nice to meet yall.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #806
Relaxed !

Thumbs up

Head first, just like my first ex-wife,names randy and hardcore crawler,gettin ready to build a racer! 1-bender comp rig,fx-r 55hw, 3s,r2 tranny 28p,mayhem wheels, hb rover w fr,b rear,losi shocks,mip drivelines,dx3s. 2-warthog, novak 55t,mip shocks,dna dig,traxxas dl w/uni,comp claws,stock wheels(wifes rig) 3-bone stock rtr axial (soon to be not stock)!!!!!!! we live in vacaville ca and are in the process of starting solano county rc as we only have one lhs and they suck!!!! also we started our own club "soco crawlers" and we are looking for people to join in and get this craze even crazier! the only thing i'd love to do as a newbie is be able to post pics, but that will come in time!
thanks to all those that have helped and will help, without you we would'nt be doin this
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #807
RCC Addict

Been on here for a while but seem to post on other forums. Anyway sent PP for my star today. A lot of comps right up the street from me here in Folsom, CA but need a little more practice. Actually looking for a tube chassis for the ax10
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #808

hi im mike i just got into r/c crawling a few days ago, i think ive spent too much time browsing this site over the weekend, i didnt realize how big r/c crawling really is, and im glad to be part of this board.. thanx for the good info and pics!!!
sKeTcHy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 AM   #809

HI I am Scotty Rock from the Virginia Nat. Guard in Iraq, I like RC Crawlers and Ice cream....I am in Iraq till November then back to Virginia, yea Ice cream. I have a Juggernaut and am turning it in to a 2.2 Crawler. Supplys are hard to come by in Iraq, only the internet has what I need, and it takes 10-15 days to get it... but soon I will be back in Va..
scottyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #810

Hi all, My name is Jamie and I`m a noob but already a crawlaholic. I just discovered this hobby/sport about a month ago and already have aquired 5 crawlers (6 if you count my summit). and now i`m broke.lol I have a gecko 60/40 w/clod axles i`m building at the moment. an ax10 kit,2 tubers, and an MRC. I`m addicted and can`t seem to stop. I`ll post pics of my junk in the right spot when i get the chance. Still have to get a star too! this sight deserves a little backing, it`s a wealth of info. thanks for letting me be here.
jamison31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #811

Saw a tuber that the LHS and decided I had to build one! It's only been a few weeks now and I'm really need some rehab

Phil
philthewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:18 AM   #812

My name is Toby. I wouldn't say that I am a total newbie but after being away from RC for 25 years a lot has changed. I decided it was time to start
doing other things besides work all the time so it's back to RC.

I have been working with CAD for 22 years, Machining for 17 years, and CAM for the last 8 years. The plan is to Design, Machine, and Assemble an MT first.

Later maybe a McLaren F1 and after that who knows.

Thanks for the Great Site !
VortecDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #813
Quarry Creeper

New to the forums and to crawling, but not to rc. I have learned a lot of much needed info so far so I would like to thank everyone in advance. My main interest in rc is building and converting nitro trucks into brushless powered trucks. Right now I own a Hot Bodies D8 (MMM ESC, Neu 1512/3D motor, NeuEnergy 5s 4300 lipo) and a Losi 8ight-T(MMM ESC, Neu 1515/1.5y motor, Thunderpower 6s 5000 lipo).

I live in San Diego, as many others here do as well, and hopefully I can join you guys once I get my crawler built. I have been wanting to build a crawler for a very long time, and finally after finishing the D8, I will get a chance to. I think I will be building a MRC from scratch. I found a good deal on a transmission and axles, so I plan to work from there. Another option is to get the Losi 2.2, but the standard hardware kind of scares me away from it. The MRC comes with metric hardware right? Thats at least what I heard... I could get the Axial ARTR AX10, but I will leave that for a future project most likely as the MRC will be the cheapest to build I think right now.

See you guys around.
jnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #814

Default Another NUB

Hey All,

I am new to this site and working on some cool stuff (or at least I think so) for 1/24 scale. I look forward to your input on my build(s) and hope you like pictures.

My intro Pic from my current project
trained.monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #815

Default new to crawling

Hey guys,

my name is shawn, i'm new to crawling but not to RC, i've been into 1/5 scale for the last 3 or 4 years but have been wanting to give crawling a try. I'm getting ready to buy a Axial AX10 artr from my LHS and slowly build it up to be a great crawler. I hope to learn alot from this forum and look forward meeting some great people. Thanks for having me.
pete379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #816
Rock Stacker

hi, my name is andrew, i live in boring OR, i have a modified axial.
grizzlypaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #817

Kai ora every one, yet another newbie taking advantage of the screeds of information here, great site!
My names Daniel, I'm from Sunny Nelson in New Zealand and I have just built my first AX10 and now I cannot leave it alone!
Currently running,
Novak Rooster ESC
65 T motor
4800mah Lipo split cell, one over each axial
Been giving the stock kit a good thrashing and it is time to start beefing it up.
Allot of great advise here to keep me pointed in the right direction, cheers guys keep up the good work
funkinfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #818

Default robbster

YO YO hello all obviously new. Born in N.C. raised in the A.K.. I've been into RC's for yrs. I recently started crawling about a yr . ago . First unit is a losi MRC w/ all the trimings mmm. very nice. I am currently building a KRF and have plenty of shiny things for it. I'll fig. out the pic. thing and post some pic's. Thanks again and really enjoy all the info, and can't wait till the new tube chassis comes out from RCP I believe. ( KRF sic...) till next time peace.
Udigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #819

Hi,

Im from Miami. I have a cr01 and some 1/14 Tamiyas. Mostly been into nitro offroad racing but looking to get into scale crawling.

If anyone local know any good spots please let me know.

Thanks
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #820

Brent from Barnesville MN. Nor crawler yet, other than my full scale one. doin some research on them.
Zuke is offline   Reply With Quote