Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 02:21 AM   #841

Hi all,my name is george and i live in south africa. i just got me an wheely king that im busy converting to a crawler. thanx for a great site and all the usable info,hope to post my ride on here soon
braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #842

Red face

Hey guys im Chris from Washington, i have an Axial based rig i got in a sweet deal trade as i got out of goin fast and got into goin slow. im now a crawl-aholic and have romped over everything i can see.
this is my first crawler but many more to come. i love the site. SO much tech and info where do i start!(pics comin soon!)
Hi-Po Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #843

Hello all, Name is Kevin living in Warrenton, Mo. Picked up a AX10 kit the other week did a little bit of tweaking to it and having fun with it and learning more about rc crawling
issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #844
Rock Stacker

Howdy from San Diego...

Been into RC for years...recently rediscovered electric...all those years of messy nitro, scoffing at the notion of batteries and small motors made me miss out on a great part of the hobby. Saw a crawler at the LHS, did alot of reading on the webz...went back and bought an Axial RTC and a few hop-ups for it.

Crawling pretty addictive! I have been so wrapped up in the notion that speed=fun that I forgot how fun it is to actually drive the car.

Anyways, if anyone has good spots is SD, hit me up...
slimeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #845
Rock Crawler

my names keith from Idaho falls Id. my crawler is custom built tlt based ride love the crawlin sport from my 1.1 rig to my rc. here are a couple of pic's of both thanks keith.

rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #846

Florida noob here! First comp this weekend. Running a pretty much stock MRC...should be interesting.
Dad Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #847

Newbie hear...

From Southern Utah, Part of redrockrc.com I drive an axial ax-10... Just did our first comp, and cant wait to do more... This is the funnest hobby out there...
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #848
Pebble Pounder

Whats up guys I thought I would introduce my self. Names Aaron. Just ordered my first crawler(Cliff Climber) today but have been lurking for a while. Here is my main project:

Gotta show off my Jeep!

I figured hey what the heck I'll get myself a crawler for my birthday a month and a half early!
FlexdXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #849
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrc View Post

Oh thats a nice ZJ. Is it a 5.9?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
FlexdXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #850

howz it, my names matt, from Maui hawaii, going to college in Oahu.

I run a txt the usual cut chassis, lock diffs, moved up links on my axel, Tmaxx shocks, revo drive shafts, super duty esc, and home made steering links

808mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #851
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I'm a bit of a youngster, just 21. But I feel very accomplished in life. I got a very early start on life and pride myself in being very ambitious. This drive has brought me to where I am today.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I live here in Hot Springs, about five miles from Superlift ORV. I also am the manager and lead fabricator at the local off road shop in town. My wife and I are presently building our first house, which has forced me to temporarily retire from wheeling. So I have taken up this new hobby to settle my nerves for the next year or two. <o:p></o:p>

Here is my quickly evolving RTC. hop ups include
high torque servo
pantehers
bent links
limited shocks, relocatded electronics, weighted tires

Here are my real rigs

my 95 ZJ
swaped in 5.9 with headers and FIPK/ atlas II 4.3/ tom woods DS's/ 8.8rear/ 5.5 RE/ 35's/ arb bumper/ warn m8K... and more

My 98 5.9 lmtd
nerrowed 60's with 35spln. mosures, detroits/ 4 linked with T-7075 links psc hydro, be-cool setup, 42's and tons more

oh and my wife

00 TJ
chomoed and trussed rubicon axles/ 3" of lift/ 35's/ three link rear/ boat sides/ cage/ and lots of armor.

and my wifes DD

chris w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #852

Thumbs up

I am in vale n.c looking for some rock crawling around there is there any i also have a oval track with 6ft hills at both ends that are hard to climb so lets have some fun thanks Scott
traderman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #853

Hey everyone, I'm Mike. I'm new to crawlin' but have been flying planes for years.
I'm driving an AX-10 with a brushless goat, B.E.C. and an HR Dig. I've got a DX-3R radio.
I havent been to a comp yet but am excited to get involved.

See ya around the forum,

~Mike
AC-130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #854

what up my name is josh im in socal (sucks) but i am leaving for the navy in 18 day and am going to travel the world if your anywhere around a navy base we should hang out and crawl some time my rig is fully custom from top to bottom all aluminum and spun my own motor.
customcrawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:48 AM   #855

Default Noob here!!!

Hi! Name is Lem, from Lakewood Ca!!! I've been into heavy onroad elec rc and was addicted!!!! Since we moved here in '06 + the new baby, RC has taken a back seat!!! I've been plagued with nightmares of not holding my controller and the wife said I make gestures in my sleep like I was holding a controller and driving an RC car.

Nuff said, I'm going Crawling to cure myself of the RC itch! Will be selling most of my onroad stuff first.

I have decide to go with a Copperhead!!! Any advice on the chassis/kit? What hop ups to buy?

Will go with a Novak Goat!

Any good recomendations for a servo?

Will be bugging all of you with questions soon!

Be safe ------ Lem

Last edited by Boxdlp; 07-05-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Boxdlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #856
Quarry Creeper

I'm Matt, new to this forum and scale crawling in general.. been in RC since aroun '89 when I was sponsored a few years later for a couple years.... looking ot pick up and sCX-10 for a scale build and see what happens from there.. oh yeah... youguys have a for sale section to browse?? did I miss it??
4drmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #857
RCC Addict

hey everyone,
i'm scott and i'm living in Radford, VA. i'm fairly new to the RC addiction. one of my friends recently got a crawler and convinced me to get one also. i'm in the process of researching around and buying a crawler.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #858

hey everyone, i live in san diego, CA, i have a AX10 and crawl daily... ive only been crawling for a few months now, but ive gotten the hang of things around the rocks. i hope to meet some crawler buddies and do some crawlin!!
desert-ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #859
Rock Crawler

A little late but its better then never

Well my name iss Keith, Im 17. I got into rc when i was 12? I think? I started with a T-Maxx I got used for christmas, the same time the next year I was starting out racing 1/10th truck at our local indoor track, where I was eventually hired at 15 and we just recently closed at the end of may I got into crawling in august last year and I have been addicted to it ever since! I bought a "used" axial that never got ran, well now the only thing left from my original purchase is the aluminum c's, its now for sale so I can get into MOA, sorry for the long rant, Keith
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #860
Rock Crawler

Default newbie

my name is Nathan Jackson , live in Talladega, AL . Been into rc's for about 5 years. Raced nitro mts for a while and it became too expensive to keep up with the big boys. Found out about ax10s about a year ago and now I have 3. Looking for a place other than the yard to play or compete.
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote