Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #901

Finally decided to post as a newb, I spent a lot of time as a registered lurker. My name is Adam from Albuquerque, NM. I bought a couple used crawlers from a friend of a friend and then it started...

Rig 1:
AX10
HBZ Warthog Chassis
Novak Rooster Crawler ESC
Novak 55T
2S 1500 mAh LiPo
Hitec HSR-5990TG Steering Servo
East End Machining Double Triangulated Skid
STRC Front 4-Link/Battery/Servo Plate
Custom Rear 4 Link with 98mm uppers
Integy Bent Lowers
Losi Rock Claws
CKRC Soft Springs
80wt Shock Oil

Everything else is stock I think.

Rig 2: I gave to my little brother so he can play with us too.

AX10
Novak Rooster ESC
Integy 65T
2S 4000 mAh LiPo
Hitec HS-645MG Steering Servo
STRC Aluminum Skid
Axial Front Battery/Servo Plate
Front and Rear 4-Links
Axial Bent Lowers
Axial Rock Lizards (for now)
Internal shock springs
80wt Shock Oil
Classic Betty Body

Everything else is stock I think on his too.

There's some upgrades on the way so I will have to post some pics later. Thanks for all the info on the site everyone!
stepovertheedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #902

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Without fail, everyday we get tons of newbies posting that they have arrived at our site. While this is great and we welcome you, we don't need a thread for every single person.

If you start a thread like that someone will most likely send you to this thread.

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
What kind of rig you have?
Where you live?

If you have a specific question, be sure to use the search feature, and look around. There is a good chance it's been asked before, if not bring it on!

Jason
Hi, I am new to the r/c rock crawling world. I just got out of the gas r/c world to come over to the slower side of life. I just bought a Axial AX10. My Traxxas Jato I put so much time and money in to it, I don't feel like doing that again for awhile. So what did I do I bought a Axial AX10. This will be the end of my marriage. More time and money, can't wait.

Last edited by mrcrawley; 09-24-2009 at 10:42 AM.
mrcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #903
Pebble Pounder

I am new to rockcrawling, but not rc.
I race alot. Have a few racing cars; Mini E-Revo vxl, E-revo brushless, Rustler vxl, Slash vxl, Micro dt bl, Cliff Climber.
I had a ax10, sold it because I needed some cash. Ran it less than a hour. I have been reading these forums for 6 months or so, just now signed up I am fixen to buy a MRC, we'll see.
slashracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #904

Default Newbie, Davenom, in sunny FL

Hi, I witnessed my first crawlers last Sunday the 20th At the North Palm Beach Community Center, and I liked it. Thanks to the organizers for having this forum. Dave
davenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #905

Hows it going, I'm new to forums and the crawling world! I wish I would have discovered this sooner, its a ball. I love my other RC's but who new going so slow would be so fun! This site is great, so many ideas such little money.
Wireman969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:25 AM   #906

Wanted to say "Hi" and that I hate this site. I've had several RC cars (raced 4wheel-drive sedans for about a year, had a stadium truck, a dune buggy, 2wheel-drive street truck) but none of them seemed to do what I wanted. Then I came across an ad for a crawler about 2 months ago. Well, my axial ax10 rtr will be here via fedex tomorrow. I'll finally have an RC that will go anywhere. I live in the coal region of upstate PA and have tons of places to run it. I'll be posting pics of the areas around here when I can. If anyone else is from the Scranton PA area let me know, would love to get together and run crawlers. RC is not big around here. There are about 10 train stores but no place to buy RC stuff.

Why do I hate this site? Because I now need about $1,000 for all the cool upgrades I want...and I haven't even got my crawler yet.
shrtwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #907
Quarry Creeper

i been checking out this site since july when i first bought my axial and have been moding it ever since. here is what i got in my rig:

axial scorpion RTC
axial rockster bead locks with rovers about 4 oz in the rear and 8 in the fronts
hot racing dig
tekin fxr ESC
CC bec
integy 45t pro lathe motor
8 cell saddle packs (2)
aluminum links
hitech 645mg steering and dig servo
modifies stock rtc body
TQ3 modified radio w/ 3 position switch and epa's for third channel and steering
mip drive shafts
axial cvd's, knuckles and "c"s
losi shocks

seems every week i find something new to buy or modify for this thing. its sad when i plan my weekends around crawling.
afterall i do live in CRAWLERADO

i am also peicing together a second rig with all the stuff i have pulled off myrig to make a rig for my son so he doesnt drive mine all the time

Last edited by Fordx4Ranger; 09-27-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #908

Total "Newness" here but hoping to be addicted soon. Searching the best RTR options (Axial RTC prolly)
RBOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #909

Default Very addicted Newbie

Started with Wheelie King, then bought an Axial. That's where it snowballed into a full comp rig. Also now doing a Losi MOA. This is all since January. Now I need to learn how to set-up and drive. I'm up in eastern wa and crawl with a bunch of cool guys (EWRCRC).
BriCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:55 AM   #910
Rock Stacker

Just wanted to post my newbie HI! to the forums. Great site. So much information to digest.

I run Truggy, 1/10 onroad and offroad, Helis and 1/18th in the winter at my LHS. Been eying the the crawlers for awhile now and decided to get learned. Looking at building a Super so reading as much as I can with that in mind.

As for my first newbie question. Has The crawler store stopped selling the CFNN chassis? I cant seem to find it. Is there anywhere else to pick it up?

See ya all around

Bryan
Superfubario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #911

Default from san diego

i bearly finish building my xtm and im looking to get in to a club from san diego thaks.and need info on places to go and use my crawler.
xtm carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #912
Rock Stacker

Default It figures

I've been reading the forums for about a week, absorbing all the information I can find and this ends up being my second post. The first one was to say hello it the newb forum, because this is the one thread I hadn't read yet.

Hey out there,

sm0ke
sm0ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 AM   #913
Pebble Pounder

SUP RCC,

I'm from Spanish Fork Utah, i'm well versed in Jeep Crawling and RC but new to the RCCrawling scene.. So today I sold my Savage and plan on buying a Losi Crawler this week! Damn K9popo has me hooked... lol
311WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:10 AM   #914

Im the BUFFET Boss. Im From San Francisco, I just picked up a Axial with Hella aluminm parts. Im looking forward to geting it together and out on the rocks, first i gotta pull it all apart because i dont know who put it together.
NorKalKushKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #915

Hey all, I'm new to this site and figured I had better start posting so I don't look so noob-ish with one post

I'm new to the R/C rockcrwaling scene, but not to R/C in general. I've got a Traxxas E-Maxx that I'm modding for some crawling/trails/bashing, I'll post some pics later on. It's kind of a budget build for now, I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a turd- I think you all know what I mean. Thinking about buying myself an Axial SCX-10 for christmas Looking forward to making this my new home, I go off-roading all the time in real life and have always been interested in R/C crawling.

"Crawler"

Traxxas E-Maxx (wide suspension)
Stock 2-speed tranny (for now)
Kershaw Designs 550 crawler motors
Traxxas EVX-2 ESC
Aluminum Skids
Single springs at all 4 corners
Spooled front and rear
4 wheel steering, Traxxas 2075 servos F&R

My other (non-crawler) rigs:

Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5R
Spooled rear
Steel opti-drive driveshafts
Aluminum Skids

Associated RC10T4 Factory Team
HPI Firebolt 15T Motor
LRP IPC Digital 7.1 ESC
Airtronics 94158 Steering Servo
mastacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #916

Default Newbie

Figured I'd post an intro. Newbie here, Just bought a used Clod Buster that the previous owner had made some crawling mods to. Figured this would be a good base to start playing with and to get my daughter involved. Looking forward to taking the mass amounts of rocks around my place and creating a rock garden to play in.
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #917
Rock Crawler

Default newb

hey all glad to be here! finally got my ax10 runnin. Runnin it in NW Oregon
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #918
Pebble Pounder

Like most others, I'm new to crawling, but not RC. I went thru the T-Maxx and Genesis phase. Time to slow down in my old age I guess. I bought an MRC from a member here, and it's all been down hill since. I'm not sure how many paychecks I can sign over to DMG and ATI before I get divorced, lol. Anyway, I have found tons of good info. here, glad to be a member.
Biggons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #919

Default Old to RC new to Crawlers

Hi all my name is Gregg and I live in East Tennessee (Maryvile). I just ordered my first crawler a Losi mini rock crawler and went surfing the web for add-on and found TCS and ordered thier TCS Crawlers Aluminum L-Trail Scale Chassis. Anyone have closeup photos of how to put one together? still waiting on the Losi to get here. as I said I am new to crawlers bur have been into RC cars for a while. my first two were a RC12i and a Tamiya Rough Rider when it first came out in 1980.
fleetsailor1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #920

Hey everyone,
im crunky's little brother Chris. Were from right off cape crud. I've been into rc for about 2 years now, i started out with nitro for about the 1st year and a half with a 3.3 tmaxx. Now i dont think id even accept a donation of a nitro rc. Ive moved on to smaller and slower things and just finally bought my first cc-01 with the pajero body. Crunky started it by letting me drive his cc-01 frontier while on vacation, we came home and i bought one of my own about a week later. Im sure ill be asking plenty of questions and adding plenty of feedback.
Its a pleasure being allowed to access the forums and ask whatever noob questions im bound to come across.
thanks,
snax.
snax is offline   Reply With Quote