Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #1021

Default new

HI my name is BOB. Have a RC4WD Rock rider with 4 wheel sterring. Been building RC cars since 1980. With no place to run cars I bought a crawler and found this site. Got a lot of good info from site. I am in East Amherst New York
gearstripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 12:58 AM   #1022
smr
Rock Stacker

Default :)

I have been reading and replying to threads for couple of weeks and never came in here!!!

Im newbie to rccrawlers.com. Great site. Lots of good info. Name is Steve. I live in Vacaville California (30 minutes west of Sacramento)....I bought a Venom Creeper and am still in process of building it. At my house right now there is a Losi Mini crawler, Losi Comp Crawler and there was an AX10 here two days ago...few friends got hooked on crawling after we played with mini crawler...
smr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #1023

Default frozen is right Hinton Ab

Also a newbie to crawling from Hinton Ab Gateway to the Rockies.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bRIBEGuy View Post
Hey, I'm a newbie.........................

What up ya'll. I'm way up in the (supposedly) frozen North called Canada. Thanx in part to your killer webpage....and all the associated links off of it..........I've decided to dive headfirst into the R/C Crawler world, and scratch build my first crawler chassis.

I'll likely be asking plenty of questions...........and will of course post pics when done. But for now...............hey, nice to meet ya.
Llosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #1024

Default Frozen Canuck

Hi names Lloyd live In Hinton Alberta just bought a axial scorpion and Losi nightcrawker. Got to take my new scorpion for one rip before the snow started to fly.Very impressed, the girlfriend is also hooked so bought a nightcrawler, no fun by yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Without fail, everyday we get tons of newbies posting that they have arrived at our site. While this is great and we welcome you, we don't need a thread for every single person.

If you start a thread like that someone will most likely send you to this thread.

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
What kind of rig you have?
Where you live?

If you have a specific question, be sure to use the search feature, and look around. There is a good chance it's been asked before, if not bring it on!

Jason
Llosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #1025

OK, new guy here. I've been into RC's off and on for 20 years now. My first was Kyosho Ultima buggy back in 1987. Yeah I'm that old. I've got a T-Maxx, Savage, Savage Flux, Stampede and my latest and favorite, an Axial SCX10-TR. I'm looking to build a scale rig soon. I've been lurking, reading and learning.

Brents Pepper
Athens Alabama
Tractors4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #1026
Pebble Pounder

I'm Rob (go figure). I'm almost a mechanical engineer (this August it's official ). I have an HPI rs4 that I did some work on. I had fun with that thing, but the whole nitro setup is really finicky, and more time wrenching than cruising. Plus, I can't find an area big enough, flat enough and open enough to make any use of 2nd gear. So I started looking at this forum a while back when I picked up a Traxxas Nitro Sport for $1 (less tires). I figured a crawler would be an excellent application of my mechanical engineering background, and would burn up some of the free time that I have. So I decided to build my first one from scratch. Take my time, do it right kinda thing. I picked up axles, beadlocks and tires already. Trying to figure out what I want to do with electronics by reading up here and acting like a sponge. Someday I too will have a build thread :-P
Rob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #1027
Pebble Pounder

New here. from Avon, IN. went to a practice session and then a comp and now am looking to buy my first rc anything ever. Advice is apperciated.
HARDTRAILZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #1028

Names Matt, Live just outside Ottawa, Ontario Canada. Just bought myself a Axial AX-10 RTC and love it. I have done all the easy budget stuff. Plans i have is a custom 4 link, Rovers, and then start to replace the finicky electronics.
I'm thinking Pink compound Rovers. I can wait till they become available since the snow won't be gone any time soon.

Cheers
06LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #1029

Default Hello

I'm Mike I live in sevierville, TN I've had rc cars for a little over a year and just got a tamiya tlt with junfac converison kit on it. I plan on doing quiet a bit of upgrades down the road.
mph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #1030

Default Hello

newbee here, Name's Steve, I have a Redcat RS10 from Oh. Love this site! It has help alot on mods.
swr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #1031

new here. have a redcat. i want to get a berg. their sick. how do i look at for sale items?
schulberger26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #1032
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulberger26 View Post
new here. have a redcat. i want to get a berg. their sick. how do i look at for sale items?
You earn the right or you pay for the right to look.
HARDTRAILZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #1033

Hey all new to this type of r/c I use to be into it in to 80s and 90s (R/C 10, Blackfoot, Boomerang, Grasshopper). I just picked-up a used AX-10 setup ok accept for the Integy shocks (have a pare of losi's on order). So anyways I live in Cloverdale Ca. about 80 miles north of San Fran. Hope to get to some GTG's and maybe a comp or two just to watch and see how this all works. Oh yea I've been into 1:1 rock crawling for about six or seven years. I have a nicely built CJ7.
mtimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #1034
Rock Crawler

Kinda new to the R/C crawling been looking for a while. Been in r/c racing 1/10 for about 15year on and off. also 1:1 crawling. I have a sw3/tlt base rig w/dig ect... About to build 2 more rigs one axial base, one tuber on the cheap with old losi XX parts.

Clint
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #1035
Quarry Creeper

I haven't had an rc since my frog in like 1985! I picked up a used scorpion roller used from flea bay and have been scouring for cheap parts. My used $41 rooster crawler just came today so I now I only need a motor.
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:59 PM   #1036

Hi, my name's j33per and new to RC. I do have a 1:1 scale Jeep Wrangler Unl Rubicon which I've taken on the Rubicon trail and Moab rocks.

Now I'm looking to learn more about 1:10 scale ones!

I fancy the Traxxas Summit...

www.j33per.com
j33per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 AM   #1037
Rock Stacker

Talking

hey my name is joaquin i live in san bruno ca and have been running around posting and havent stoped by but i have a venom crawler and my gf has a supper with clod axles and a hand made tuber chassis with a toyota land cruiser body we crawl with some buddy's at genentech the end of forbs blv in south san francisco. and if you havent been there its bitchen!!!!! as soon as i can post picks i will.
solowluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #1038

Hey, I'm Dave from Victoria B.C. Canada. Been wheeling 1:1's for sometime but discovered R/C Crawling recently and on an impulse buy, bought an Axial and have been blowing through cash like a fat kid through a buffet ever since. Being a heavy equipment operator there is always tons of great rock around so it makes for a fun lunch break to do some wheeling. You got a great site here, very informative. Within the first few posts I read most of my questions were answered.
Thanks eh!
O.D.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #1039

Default Austin Texas Area

Any members from Austin...and if you are where do you all go wheelin...would love to come see them in action before I dive in head first...thanks...JOHN
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #1040

Hey my name is troy and I live on signal mt. TN near chatt. and I have a bastard jr. I am a newbie to rc crawling but not to crawling I have owned several 1.1 buggys and jeeps
signalmtncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote