Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #1061

Default new to crawling

My name is Dennis my 8yr old son and I are new to the sport but have many other rc vehicles. Looking forward to learning and growing in this great pastime you can do most anywhere.
rcdarace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #1062

Hi my name is Dan and i am currently living in Rochester MN. I am new to crawling and fairly new to rc in general. I have an old b3 from when i was younger and have a night crawler on the way.
mopardan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 AM   #1063
Pebble Pounder

Hi all.....

Not too much of a noob, but am to this fourm. Have been into real truck wheeling for 18 years now, build rock buggies and weekend wheelers. Getting back into RC cars again and have wanted a rc crawler for many years. Finally have the extra funds to get one.

Just ordered a venom Creeper and am really looking forward to the build. I have many mods in my head from reading this site.

Thanks to all for posting your experiences and thoughts. I have learned a lot already.

David,
Pueblo, CO
catzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #1064

Hey,

Tommy Nail from N. Georgia, my wheely king is arriving today. Conversion coming. Looking forward to some great info.
squad2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #1065
Rock Stacker

I'm Ryan
I live in Sarasota, Florida
I have a Losi Mini Rock Crawler
ryandeputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #1066
Quarry Creeper

Hey all, my name is Bryan. I'm from Massachusetts. Currently own quite a few r/c vehicles and have been into the hobby on and off for the past decade. Looking into getting a crawler in the next few months, so i'm here to do some homework and get suggestions. Thanks for having such a cool site.
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #1067

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi Everyone

I am a NEWBIE to the world or Rock Crawling, I have a Axial AX10 RTC and so far have replaced Radio, ESC, Servo, and switched to Metal Links. I live in Upstate NY in Greene County.

Robert
rjnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #1068
Pebble Pounder

Hello,
My name is Kelly. I live in Colorado. My first RC is my Losi Comp Crawler. Just finished the build. It has Xcelerin 17.5 ESC combo, Hitek HS-7995TG steering servo, 11.1v 3s lipo, and a MSX12 mini digital servo for dig. I took it all apart then put it all back together. And I also installed new worm gears and front axles. Time to hit the Rocks!!
Joe Bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #1069
Quarry Creeper

Hi,

Troy from Divide, CO...

New to this forum, but not to R/C...

I'm new to electric R/C...

I have a Losi Night Crawler on the way... Hope to build an SCX10 scaler in the near future...

Thanks in advance for answering all my stupid/newbie questions about the electric R/C stuff...
ScalerFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #1070
Quarry Creeper

Default RE: intro

Whats up everybody.

Give us the general info:
Who you are? Fernando

What kind of rig you have? Losi Micro Crawler, Slash 2WD

Where you live? SillyCon Valley
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #1071
Rock Stacker

Hi everyone I am new to crawlers but not new to rc cars.

I am Tyler and i just got a rs10. I live in Orange County.
4x4ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #1072

Hello my name is Beau. I live in Gillette Wy. I have a venom creeper with stage 2, rovers , weights in wheels, rear lockouts. More to come.
imotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #1073

Thumbs up newbie

how do you post pics on this Roy < Cerrillos NM >redcat 1/8 supercrawler axial tr scaler
royt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #1074

New here, New to the RC world too!!

Hi, this site rocks!

I put my build up in general..

Hope thats enough
Oseetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #1075
Pebble Pounder

Default Brand new

Hi, I'm John from S/E Michigan...used to be involved in RC about 15 years ago. Just got back in about 4 months ago via Short Course trucks. A buddy at my LHS recently let me try his crawler and I was hooked. Am on this site everyday, tryin' to learn the lingo and the crawler culture...and what to buy. Great site!
blitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #1076
Rock Stacker

Default pretty standard, really

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking... I suggest you try it.
Doc Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:06 AM   #1077
Pebble Pounder

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mojave View Post
The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking... I suggest you try it.

Really...what an ordinary life you have...lol...in case you check here...here's the link for the LOSI Comp crawler deal:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...w-Updated-CVDs
blitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #1078
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz14 View Post
Really...what an ordinary life you have...lol...in case you check here...here's the link for the LOSI Comp crawler deal:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...w-Updated-CVDs
Yeah I saw that, thanks. Whats the difference between the CC and the NC?
Doc Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #1079

Default Hello all.

Wazzup guys. New to the site but not to the sport. Have a garage full of r/c cars but on the crawler style its an ax10 comp crawler, scx10 based 2.2 mud slinger/vxl scale mudder, komodo based scale mudder, and HPI Wheely king grave digger monster truck. Look forward to learning more (always more to learn) and prob buying more lol. T
97sfeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #1080

hi im ed. im new to crawlers. not rc. just bilt a scx10..and have a venom creeper on the way. later.
fast ed is offline   Reply With Quote