Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #1081
Pebble Pounder

Default newbie

Hi my name is Tyler and I'm from Wenatchee Washington. I started crawling about 6 months ago because I was tired of the racing part on the hobby. So I decided to but me a crawler oh boy what a mistake that was hehehe. I havent been able to put my controller down since. I have a Axial that I started with but it didn't take long to change that. Well i will try to post some pics for everyone to see. thanks guys for letting me be a parts of the rccralwer
lowandslow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #1082

What's the best crawler to begin and within $300 ?

I read that the Losi Night Crawler shoud be the best together with the Axial SC10...

Any suggestion is much appreciated

Thanks !
Emmeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #1083
Quarry Creeper

Default Hello my name s

el_fernando. I'm pretty new to RC in general. I have a 2wd Slash I bash every chance I got. It got hopped up pretty quick like.

I saw some dude using a crawler at my LHS and I thought it looked pretty fun and awesome. So I have a Losi Mini Crawler on order and I already have many of the suggested hop-ups from this forum on order. I may drive the rig stock for about 10 mins!

I'm in NorCal

Damn! did I already post and intro myself here already?
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #1084

Just picked up an AX10 scorpion, before I took off back to Iraq, where I currently am. Anyway, name is Bobby, I actually live in Ft Lewis, WA. Have been finding alot of great info on here
Ricky Booby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #1085

Hello all, new to the forums. Just got back into r/c last month after about 17 years. I picked up a new VXL Pede. I am now looking into a Losi Mini Rock Crawler.
Riddick18713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:00 AM   #1086

Ahoy ahoy New to the Forum and am thinking of getting into crawling I dont have a crawler yet. Have to look into which one is going to suit my wants.

Hate buying a new car in a diff class than 10th buggy or monster truck. So many desicions.

anyways love the amount of info this site has

and bye the bye my name is J
Kuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #1087

Default another noob

well im warren, live in hudson,WI. drive a losi mini crawler. just got in to the crawling world a few weeks back. so im enjoying myself . later.
Wlong95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #1088
Quarry Creeper

I just got a Honcho that I am starting. No mod plans yet other than possibly light kit still trying to decide on color.

New to to hobby this is my first build.
kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #1089

Hi, I'm from Strawberry Plains/Kodak, TN

New to RC Crawling but not 1:1 scale crawling at Tellico, Windrock, etc... in Jeeps, Trucks, Buggies I just don't have the money/time now being in college at Univ of Tenn Knoxville therefore a small scale had to be done.

Axial AX10 and a Custom Artificial Rock Course (styrofoam and stucco)

East TN Crawlers

Couple of my buds have crawlers too, one has a scx10 honcho and the other an AX10 like mine.

Any questions just ask
EastTnCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #1090

Hi all!

New to this forum but not to RC or crawling. I have a Gmade MOA, LCC, AX10 and have numerous land based speed demons.
TS Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:53 AM   #1091

hi...im a forum noob
sudden_scaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #1092

Default cars

hello you all iam new to this i was out at horsemens out in apple valley,ca on saturday and the southern cal rc rock crawlers where out there i had a good time lookin at all the car out there having a good time my son was out on the bmx track having fun so what iam lookin for is there is some one from southern cal rc crawlers that is on here that can help me with finding the car and getting in to this i would really like the help you can get ahold of me at bmxracer1968@aol.com anytime

thank you
Paul
bmxracer1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #1093
Rock Stacker

hello i'm a new crawler. i just bought a losi night crawler, last week, and went to my first comp sun. total blast! im hooked. thanks snake river crawlers for directing me here. great resource.
ba450crf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:09 PM   #1094

My name is Mike Mc from Colorado. Ive had rc's for 12 yrs. I own/operate several including 2K T-Maxx, Losi Micro Crawler, & Losi Mini-Crawler! I am new to crawling but HOOKED! I wish to scale the micro & couch/rock crawl the mini! I wish to get in touch with locals and attend rc competitions in Colorado!
RockyMtnDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #1095

Hey all... I'm new to the forum... ran head long into R/C last July. Now starting to play with crawlers. I have a new LCC and a SCX10 Dingo. Now I just have to figure out the LCC!

David
meanygreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #1096

Default New member

Hi there. Im randall, I have an AX10 with a novak rooster 55 turn. Im all about making rc video... heres the second crawler vid so far....[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2OUBmTomvI"]
wheelspinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #1097

Default New here

Hey I'm David from Jacksonville Florida. I've been lurking here for a few weeks and tinkering with R/C for a few years... jumped head long into it in 09 and now have 8 trucks/buggy. My newest, that's driven me here, are a LCC and an Axail SCX10 Dingo.

David
meanygreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #1098

Hi All,

The name's Jay. I live in Calgary, AB Canada.
Here is a list of my rigs

1.9 Losi MRC w/ Gatekeeper GC-2 Chassis, Losi Hop-up Shocks, and a Spektrum full size steering servo.

2.2 Losi Comp Cralwer w/FX-R and Tekin 35T. Airtronics steering servo, Proline Eight-shooter beadlocks and the most expensive 2.2 tires ever. HPI GRABBERS.. oh yeah. its on 3S <---- best smiley ever BTW
mook0187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #1099

Default New truck build & New Newbie :)

First off let me start by saying hello I'm new to the forms look forward to getting some good useful information, hopefully eventually giving some good useful information, and possibly making a few new friends while I'm at it. I'm posting here first because I just got into the idea of crawling and though my truck doesn't meet all the crawling requirements I didn't know where else to post so administrators if this is the wrong place to put this post please move it appropriately and I apologize. I'd also like to apologize for the poor grammar and possibly the poor spelling as I'm so lazy I use Microsoft dictation software.

On to my truck. My truck is HPI Nitro Monster King (nitro this is why I didn't know where to post). The HPI Nitro Monster King is based off of the Willie king's chassis and general setup. With this in mind I have decided to turn this truck into a crawler and so have bought a crawler king conversion set for the Willie king. I was told by HPI support that the conversion kit will work on the Nitro Monster King, however some body components won't work and that it was not recommended to use the 174:1 gear reduction box (burnt clutch anyone?). What this effectively does is allow me to only use the suspension components, tires and rims, and finally the differential lockers. Now HPI said that I could also reduce the gear on the clutch to effectively get a lower gear ratio, this would be done in place of using the 174:1 gear reduction box. Now with this all being said and looking back on my decision to buy a nitro vs. electric, I'm wishing I went electric. However now the damage is done and for better or for worse I'm stuck with the nitro. This may not be a total loss for I have seen nitro crawlers and so I know someone out there knows how to build these things. This is exactly what I want to do with my truck however I am extremely a newbie in the RC world, my last real car was a LoBo (a cheap little truck from Sears) almost 20 years ago, my most recent/modern RC experience has been building RC jet engines (yes real working jet engines).

OK after that nice introduction this brings me onto my question. What kind of problems can be expected from a nitro crawler and what are the best ways to tackle these problems? I know already that there's gonna be a torque/clutch problem, as nitro engines are two cycle and being such have a certain RPM in which they perform maximum horsepower and torque for said engine. This two cycle problem means that the RPM of the engine would have to be rather high in order to get decent torque and this could very rapidly burn up the clutch. As to a solution other than what HPI has told me I have nowhere to begin (does HPI or some other dealer sell reduced gears for clutch, is there a different clutch and bell assembly that can be purchased).

Any ideas on the problems that I may encounter or on the whole torque/clutch problem are welcome and greatly appreciated.

I deftly have more questions but this post is getting rather long so I'll save those for another time.
Necrotoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #1100

I'm new here! Just wanted to say hi. gotta get my post count up so I can buy and sell stuff for my addiction of a hobby.
bigd003 is offline   Reply With Quote