Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #1101

Default Newbie with a Nylint (apparently)

Hello guys. I am an off-road enthusiast and have been for a long time. So, years ago, I bought this crazy RC rock crawler from wal-mart. It has been sitting in my closet gathering dust until...this week actually. I decided to pull the little thing out and make a spoof video for my off-road community. Which is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBjdGZat3B4

I had no idea there was actually a small following for these little trucks. I love this little thing and I have found myself driving it all over my yard all week. Anyhow, I was wondering what I could do to mine to make it....better. Hopefully for free as there is no RC support within miles.
Blazinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #1102

Hi. My name is Kristoffer, from Stavanger, Norway.

I have allways liked smaller RC cars, from the tamtech 1/24 porsche 962 I had nearly 20 years ago, via mini-z and now the Losi micro crawler. I also enjoy flying the Kyosho minimum planes.

Browsing youtube at random I saw a video of a Berg 2.2 climbing a sofa, and couldn't belive my eyes. To keep me satisfied untill I could buy a 2.2 crawler, I decided to buy a MRC.

Now I'm just waiting for a shipping quote for a Hellstrom highroller kit etc. from JPcustomrcs.
Kristoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #1103

Hey I'm somewhat new to RC Crawling. I've been on here reading as much as I can but just recently joined and have just now started posting.

My Dad got me hooked after he got a cliff climber and since they discontinued that model it forced us to see what else was available and I was amazed at how many different vehicles and variations there are.

Since December of 09 we have bought 6 crawlers and keep up grading to see what we can do next.

The local Comps here in Idaho are great and keep us always striving to make our rigs better. Thanks to those who run this site it is a wealth of information.
FroadnFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #1104

Talking Do you help the TERMINALLY retarded?!?

Hey, Everyone! I'm Trell from WA. Not only am I new to Crawlers, I'm new to the whole R/C scene. Honestly... I guess I never really made time before. Now-- I'm retired & was looking for something to do with my free time. I've been turned on to Crawling like the lights on my friend's Jeep! I hope you guys can help the terminally retarded girl who hates to get her hands dirty!

And so.... "Hello... You're a Mac and I'M a PC!"
ThePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #1105
T0M

Hi im Tom
I live in Weatheford OK
I currently dont have a Rc crawler yet.
I made a post in the Newbie forums and need help on deciding on what is the best entry level Crawler.
T0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #1106
Pebble Pounder

new here, just wanted to say sup and here is my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcfreak363
rcfreak363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #1107
RCC Addict

Hey everybody my name is Shelby Gregory im 14 live in santa rosa california and have a artr axial and a axial scorpion soon to be tuber
(made account months ago but never used until now)
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #1108

hey another newbie to rock crawling need advice on what kit to purchase for off road Souther Louisiana fun. We don't have rocks but a lot of erosion that is pretty rough though
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #1109

Hello fellow Crawlers, my name is Steve from Down under (Australia).

I brought a custom built crawler using Axial axles, I am going to pull it apart and build my own.
icrawl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #1110
Ads
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by icrawl2 View Post
Hello fellow Crawlers, my name is Steve from Down under (Australia).

I brought a custom built crawler using Axial axles, I am going to pull it apart and build my own.
Have fun with your build mate.
Ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #1111

Default newbee

whats up guys. my name is Randy from alb nm . Im running an ax-10 scorp goat crawler 4ws rig , and i am very new to the rc thing. been wheeling real jeeps for years and own a 4wd shop . so if u have ?s on the real ones , just ask . just like ill be asking on the rc ones
rcajper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #1112

Hi my Name is Casey I'm from the 801. I am a complete NEWB I just bought my first RC an Axial AX-10 Scorpion, What a blast. This is a great sight I've had hundreds of questions over the last couple months and each time this site has come through with the answers.
Kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #1113
Pebble Pounder

Hey, i'm new to rc crawling but have been doing real crawling for 8 years. I'm from SoCal. I chose the cheap route into this hobby by getting a RS10 and doing some cheap/free mods, only have about $200 into it and i out run my friends with axials.
LittleE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #1114

Intro:

Brand new to Rock Crawling. REALLY excited to branch into another aspect of RC. Based in North end of Puget Sound, in WA.

History:

I've loved every aspect of racing, except circle track (for some people just not for me), since I was a kid.
First hobby grade RC was a Traxxas Hawk2 stadium truck when I was... well... young.
Since then, I did a little on road touring car racing, then moved to bashing/racing my electric converted revo 3.3 and slash.

Somewhere along the line, I discovered that my low slung revo with open differentials wasn't up to climbing over stuff. Then, like magic, I discovered I really want to climb over stuff. Climbing is fun

Looking Forward:

Looking forward to meeting some new people. Asking some noob questions. Eventually having answers to help the next generation of new people. Oh yea, and CLIMBING OVER STUFF!

-T
Wyle E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #1115
Quarry Creeper

Another Newbie from far accros the water.
Hi there.
I'm Rudolf.
New to crawling but not off roading.
I have a Nanda Pathfinder 2.2 Rc car and a Land Rover Discovery2 full size.
Pathfinder is Chinese, has dual motors and some of the suspension components look a lot simmilar to Axial's AX10. Not the axles though.
Just fitted a Defender body to it.
Live in Pretoria south Africa.
Rc Crawling here is just starting off and I'm keen on promoting it.

www.nandaracing.cn
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #1116

Hey errbody! I just signed up here so i'll introduce myself;
My name is Vincenzo
I am not new to rc(had a t-maxx for years...)
but I'm kinda new to crawling.
I recently bought a SCX-10 and brought it to Hobbytown USA in orland park, Illinois. Thats where I saw a comp for SCRC(Suburban chicago Rock Crawlers) going on and talked to jetboat (their president I think) and he told me about this place.... so here I am!

Cenzo
Cenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #1117

Default need a little help

Hey my name is adrian new to the site like it alot i just bought a mad crawler 1/10 from the new line of rock crawlers from exceed and i cant seem to find a forum on it yet is it really that new ? I know u get what u pay for but i was hopeing as is it can do 2.2 or 1.9 if someone knows would save me alot of time and if it can be set up with dig if so plz point me in the right direction.
Mastercrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #1118

Default New member

Hi all !

I've placed an order to ship an AX-10 RTR from HongKong to Singapore earlier this week and is expecting the parcel to arrive within this week.

Looking forward to lots of fun krawling around in the house and out.

My other RC models are the Tamiya F103GT with a Lamborghini body and the Tamiya CC-01 rig with a Bronco shell ( and Touareg ).

I've been toying around with RC for much of my childhood, including Kyosho Mini-Zs, Kyosho Superten, Kyosho VOne-S and Team Magic's G4S, all Nitros.

I picked up RC sailing for a year, sailing in much of Singapore's water ( ponds, reservoirs and seaside ) from boats such as Thunder Tiger's Voyager and Victoria, eventually flown head-wind into RC airplanes last year.

Had numerous crashes as I was getting too ambitious impressing my friends at the flyfield though, but got to admit the EDF jets were the best buck per drop of adrenaline !

Early this year I got myself grounded and therefore decided to have fun with something slower. That was how I got my Tamiya CC-01.

This week I will be looking forward to unpack my next new rig , AX-10.

Till then, keep krawling !
Krawl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #1119

Hello from the Southwestern Greece. New to the crawler scene! Regards to everyone
Patrinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #1120

hey everyone. my name is daniel and im from chattanooga tennessee! right now i have a revo 3.3, sc10, rc10, axial ax10, losi comp crawler, and hopefully soon i will be getting a newage berg but idk. i love rock crawling and i LOVE this site. peace out
rock monster 42 is offline   Reply With Quote